• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are predatory lenders targeting innocent homeowners?

In summary, the company is sending out postcards advertising predatory lending with a disclaimer that the information is not accurate, but people are still being scammed because the company is hiding behind a postcard and an 888 number. The best way to deal with this company is to complain to the state banking commissioner.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Let me start out by saying that today is not the day to p1ss me off! I've had a very busy week, DH is out of the country, and I'm tired.

I check the mail today and mixed in is this postcard (with a picture of the American flag and and a bald eagle). In big bold red letters across the top is says "Records Indicate that you are in default with your lender" I was livid! DH and I have NEVER been in default of anything and we have extremely good credit. Of course it's an 888 number (yeah, like i'm really gonna do biz with a postcard :grumpy: ). So I call and ask them just where did they get my 'records' and of course they cannot tell me that info :grumpy: . They do have a disclaimer on the postcard that says "public records are sometimes inaccurate and to disregard if this is received in error" :mad: I told the very nice gentle man that they were representing predatory lending at it's finest and I pity the poor sole who actually believes that they can be helped by this company.

Who do you complain to about this sort of thing? This is horrendous! And of course, they are hiding behind a postcard and an 888 number so who on earth could find them? grrrrr

Okay, I feel much better now. Thanks for letting me get this out of my system.

Try doing a reverse phone number lookup on anywho.com and report them to your state banking commissioner.

Do you think it is a scam Linda? Sounds to me like it could well be...Keep us posted on what you uncover. Good Luck, and relax tonite --maybe a glass of wine to unwind!

It's a non-published listing.....not surprised!

I called Clark Howard's office earlier today. The guy I talked to said it was junk mail and just throw it away.

I know it's junk, but it makes me mad that they can send this crapola under the cover of lies and prey on people who are either very desperate or may not be smart enough to take care of themself.

Related to Are predatory lenders targeting innocent homeowners?

What is a predatory lender?

A predatory lender is a financial institution or individual that uses deceptive or unfair practices to take advantage of borrowers. They often target vulnerable individuals with high-interest rates, hidden fees, and other tactics that make it difficult for borrowers to pay back their loans.

How can I identify a predatory lender?

There are a few red flags to look out for when identifying a predatory lender. These include high-interest rates, hidden fees, aggressive sales tactics, and loans that have unfavorable terms that make it difficult for borrowers to repay.

What are the consequences of borrowing from a predatory lender?

Borrowing from a predatory lender can have serious consequences. These can include high levels of debt, damaged credit, and even legal action if the lender engages in illegal practices. It can also lead to a cycle of debt, as borrowers struggle to repay the loan and may end up borrowing more money to cover the payments.

How can I protect myself from falling victim to a predatory lender?

The best way to protect yourself from predatory lenders is to do your research before taking out a loan. Compare interest rates and fees from different lenders, read the terms and conditions carefully, and ask questions if anything seems unclear. You should also be wary of lenders that pressure you to make a quick decision or ask for upfront fees.

What should I do if I have already borrowed from a predatory lender?

If you have already borrowed from a predatory lender, it is important to take action as soon as possible. You can try to negotiate with the lender for lower interest rates or more favorable terms. You can also seek help from a credit counseling agency or a lawyer who specializes in consumer protection. It is important to address the issue before it becomes a bigger problem.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • PampMomof3