• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Multiple Booking Options Too Desperate?

In summary, the author is trying to fill March's calendar and has 2 shows left this month. She is offering prizes as bookings incentives (a scraper, a mini serving spatula, some twixits). If someone books a show and takes one of the prizes home, they also get to pick an Easter egg that the author has been hiding. If someone never books a show, the prize is still theirs. The author also offers a Dollar Days promotion where if someone books a show in close proximity to the date they are offering the promotion, they get a free flyer.
lakamper
Okay so I have about 3 dates that I would really like to fill for March and I have 2 shows left this month - I have a few odds & ends that I could give away as bookings (a scraper, a mini serving spatula, some twixits) and I was going to put up sticky notes with my available dates and say "book a show and either take one of these prizes home tonight OR I bring all the ingredients to your show" - so they have a choice if it's something they don't want. I am going to put the better/higher priced item (scraper) on the closer date of the month.

So does it seem too desperate to put 4 dates out there? I don't really need all 4 dates filled (of course I wouldn't mind it) but thought if I gave enough options, and I could do any of those dates..........

thoughts?????????:chef:

lakamper said:
Okay so I have about 3 dates that I would really like to fill for March and I have 2 shows left this month - I have a few odds & ends that I could give away as bookings (a scraper, a mini serving spatula, some twixits) and I was going to put up sticky notes with my available dates and say "book a show and either take one of these prizes home tonight OR I bring all the ingredients to your show" - so they have a choice if it's something they don't want. I am going to put the better/higher priced item (scraper) on the closer date of the month.

So does it seem too desperate to put 4 dates out there? I don't really need all 4 dates filled (of course I wouldn't mind it) but thought if I gave enough options, and I could do any of those dates..........

thoughts?????????:chef:
I"ve been putting prizes inside easter eggs (written on a slip of paper) and anyone who books a show (and you can do it just for March shows) gets to pick an egg. However, don't give them the prize that night!!! Bring it to their show. If they never end up having the show, you're out that prize.

I don't think it is desperate. Just say you decided to do something fun for that month and throw in something extra.

or there's always a Dollar Days promotion. Thi s great for booking in close. Here's a great flyer that DebbieJ made.....i'm going to be using this one! Dang, it's not letting me attach. Maybe Deb can attach hers or I'll try again.

I put out a list with my open dates at every show. Not desperate at all.

Cool, that's what I needed. I really want to stay consistent and do around 10 shows per month, and right now I'm only at 5 - YIKES!

I don't want to give away the bank to get bookings either - so I thought since I had these items laying around, and I didn't need them - may as well give it a shot!

I could jokingly say "and If you happen to cancel after taking home this wonderful prize, The Pampered Chef police will hunt you down to get it back" I wonder how many laughs I would get - hmmmmm

I finally was able to attach something.

Let's see if it worked. I tweaked it a bit.

Attachments

• dollar days flyer spring 08.doc
    119 KB · Views: 612
I wouldn't give it to them then, I would tell them that in addition to what you usually give as a host gift, you will bring this item with you to their show and they will get it then. I cut out some pictures from an old catalog and let people draw out one if they book a show and then I get whatever they pulled out for them when they have their show. It is too risky to give to them before they actually have the show.

The laughs would definitely depend on the crowd. Isn't it amazing how some people can't take a joke? Anyhoo--- you do what you need to do to fill your calendar. If you don't regularly offer incentives for booking, make sure you state that, so people don't start expecting things. I've heard stories from my upline about guests at shows telling other guests, "Don't book now because she always offers freebies if you have a show in June."

Thats a great flyer Becky! Thanks :)

I wouldn't bring it to their show either, I'd add it to their order and you pay for it. That way it uses their % discount and they get it with their order.

No problem....but thank DebbieJ!! :)

That's a great idea - Ann - I will make sure and say that this is a one time deal because I'm trying to reach a goal - that way the next time I'm at a party with all of them they're not waiting for that - bribe!!

Funny story about not taking jokes - a long time ago I used to play the "guess the hardest part of my job" game and do just that - literally have them all guess all the different things that they think is hard, and one by one explain why each thing isn't hard (thus, bragging the objection) and at the end I would say "the hardest part of my job is not licking my fingers during the presentation!" TOTALLY jokingly I would say it and usually got lots of laughs. one time a lady came up to me after the show and told me how disgusting that was and she didn't think it was funny that I would even consider licking my fingers..................................................

HELLO It was a joke!

So I agree, feel the crowd out, then do the joke!

pamperedbecky said:
No problem....but thank DebbieJ!! :)

No, thank pchefkristin! She emailed it to me.

Thanks DebbieJ!!!!

I've heard of a different spin on the Easter Egg thing that Becky does. Write on index cards the names of various products (between $5 and $10) and seal them in brightly colored envelopes. Then pass them out at the beginning of the show. Also, give the current host one and if the host has "x" number of people show up (discuss this number during host coaching), the host gets to open her envelope and then make a big deal about the host getting that item free. Of course, then everyone wants to open their envelope, but is only allowed to do so if they book a show.

As Becky stated, don't give them the product that night, wait and add it to the order when the show is held. Not only will you not be out the $$ if the show falls through, but if it does hold, you can order the product at the host's discount.

One thing I thought about doing is make sure to put a product in the host's envelope that she really wants, then you get the "Ooo, I really wanted this too... now I don't have to buy it!" The host never has to know that you rigged the whole thing!

DebbieJ said:
No, thank pchefkristin! She emailed it to me.
How funny....it's awesome how we all share!!:)

Hi, not meaning to Hijack... but how do you do the dollar days? I mean, you charge $4.00 for an item, do you pay the rest. I am new and have not been through a show closing, so I do not understand how to work around this stuff. I was thinking of doing this at my grand opening to get people to book. I would like to fill up my calendar for my 30 days which is 3/20. This might be a good way to get people to book earlier! TIA!

PCMelissa said:
Hi, not meaning to Hijack... but how do you do the dollar days? I mean, you charge $4.00 for an item, do you pay the rest. I am new and have not been through a show closing, so I do not understand how to work around this stuff. I was thinking of doing this at my grand opening to get people to book. I would like to fill up my calendar for my 30 days which is 3/20. This might be a good way to get people to book earlier! TIA!
Yes, you'd pay the rest. Let's say that you offer an item thats usually $30, and the host has a show on the 4th. She'd pay $4. BUT - if the host is getting an earned 25% discount on her order, then that item is $22.50, not $30. Host pays $4 of that, so you put a Consultant Gift payment of $18.50. (Plus tax) Then you just make sure you have that amount available in your account (if you pay your shows with the debit card).

I am doing it exactly as Ann said.

Got it, thanks Ann and Deb. I was not aware of a consultant gift amount thing...Thanks!

The neat thing about the Cons. Gift is that it will be automatically added to your expenses for the year. So it'll already be there when you print the report for your taxes.

Sweet! I didn't know about that either! Thanks Ann, you are the best!

OK, I think I have a game plan ...

I'm overdue for another newsletter ... I think I am going to attach the Dollar Days flyer. I had to tweak the font sizes just a bit to get it to all fit on one page.

And at my March 9 party, I think I am going to do a combo of the Easter Egg thing and the envelopes. The hostess will get an envelope with something really spiffy (maybe one of the 60 percent items paid for her) if 2 or 3 people open eggs that contain a gift they get with their booking.

I know a jewelry consultant who did something like this ... and because the hostess SAW the big gift she'd get if she got 3 bookings she CALLED a friend who was unable to make it and convinced her to book!

I wasn't able to download the Dollar Days flyer. Any suggestions?

Love the Easter ideas! Thanks!

chefann said:
The neat thing about the Cons. Gift is that it will be automatically added to your expenses for the year. So it'll already be there when you print the report for your taxes.
I didn't know that! I love it! This rocks!

redsoxgirl said:
I wouldn't bring it to their show either, I'd add it to their order and you pay for it. That way it uses their % discount and they get it with their order.

Alright....I'm REALLY new at this (haven't even had my first show!) so, please bear with me! :eek: How do you add an item to the hosts order? Is this even ok to do? are they not going to wonder why it's there?:confused:

You just enter it in the same way you enter in what she is wanting. Then you go into the Payments section and enter in the price of that item that you are getting for them (you can click under payment options "Consultant Gift" instead of CC or check or cash.)This is the way to do it, HO won't think it's wrong. The host won't have a problem with that being listed with their order, because it means that you are getting them a brand new item and it's accounted for (the payment will show) and then if there is a problem with it they have the info for guarantee purposes.

thank you...I hope to eventually get the hang of this!

Thanks for the dollar days ideas, I had heard of it before. I am really in need of bookings! I had 3 cancellations this month and 1 next month. I am going to offer the March host specials as dollar days incentives for the first several days of March. Like pick on of them for $5 for a party on the 5th, etc.. It is already discounted, so I won't be as much out of pocket. Praying for business to build back up after the holidays! Have music lessons to pay for!!!!

What is "Does This Seem Too Desperate?"

"Does This Seem Too Desperate?" is a popular product from Pampered Chef that helps you create delicious meals without seeming too desperate or rushed in the kitchen. It offers a variety of tools and recipes to make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

How does "Does This Seem Too Desperate?" work?

"Does This Seem Too Desperate?" provides step-by-step instructions and tools to help you prepare meals quickly and efficiently. The recipes are designed to save time and stress in the kitchen, while still producing delicious and impressive dishes.

Is "Does This Seem Too Desperate?" only for experienced cooks?

No, "Does This Seem Too Desperate?" is suitable for cooks of all levels. The product is designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable for everyone, regardless of their experience in the kitchen. The recipes are easy to follow and the tools are user-friendly.

What kind of recipes are included in "Does This Seem Too Desperate?"

"Does This Seem Too Desperate?" offers a wide range of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts. The recipes are diverse and cater to different dietary restrictions and taste preferences. There is something for everyone in this product.

Can "Does This Seem Too Desperate?" be used for everyday cooking?

Yes, "Does This Seem Too Desperate?" is perfect for everyday cooking. The recipes are designed to save time and make cooking easier, making it a great option for busy weeknights or for those who want to spend less time in the kitchen. It also offers tips and tricks for meal prepping and batch cooking to make everyday meals even easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• csulier
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sarahsworld2000
  • Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
swinkate
  • pampered2007