• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Capri Pants Ok for Conference?

In summary, people say that capri pants are not "business casual". A week ago, when I called, HO said that they were ok. However, now they say that they are not. I am taking my capris and long walking shorts to wear to the conference. I think that 60-75% of the women at the conference will be wearing capris. It is up to HO to decide what is "business casual" for their conference, but I think that most people will be wearing them. There may be dress code police, but I think that they will not be refusing admission based on pants length.
Kathytnt said:
I am not that short (5'5) but have a tendency to be shorter from the torso down. I buy petite jeans and they are just the right length with no hemming. My capris look more like cropped pants. I might bring them for casual evening but I don't have any good shoes to wear with them other than tennies. My cute wedge sandals won't work because I think they will bother my feet with so much walking and I lost a toe nail from training (half-marathon) and don't want to shoe off my mini-nail. They grow back in but take forever!
CROCS!!! I am bringing those with the small socks (peds) that you can barely see.

....how about flip flops? I live in my reef sandals, and not quite sure what I will wear if I "can't" wear them....and about being short an wearing "flood pants" ....I am too tall, and can't find pants long enough....at least you can hem them! It is much harder to add material! ;) ....and my mom and I can try on the same pants and they are short capris on me, and flood pants on her, we are pretty funny in dressing rooms when we try to figure out what they are!

jenniferknapp said:
....how about flip flops? I live in my reef sandals, and not quite sure what I will wear if I "can't" wear them....

and about being short an wearing "flood pants" ....I am too tall, and can't find pants long enough....at least you can hem them! It is much harder to add material! ;) ....and my mom and I can try on the same pants and they are short capris on me, and flood pants on her, we are pretty funny in dressing rooms when we try to figure out what they are!
Jen~

Sorry, I guess it would be harder to have pants that are too short!

As to flip flops, I am wearing my Croc Skutes- they are a slip on sandle. They are the most comfy shoes I own!

I would say flip flops are too casual.

I dunno....I have some pretty dress flip flops that I wear with skirts to church on Sunday....and then I have some more casual ones that I wear with capris and a nice blouse....but then I'm the kinda girl that wears nothing but flip flops all summer long! I have real issues when it gets cold outside and I have to start wearing actual shoes again!!! :D

jenniferknapp said:

Honestly, too casual or not, they may not provide the support you need for all the walking. The McCormick place is big, not HUGE, but you may have to dart from one end to the other in less than 15 minutes.

Wear something with support.

I think it all depends on what kind of capris they are - are they "dressy" capris, that are made of a nice "slacks" material (like cotton, with a crease) or are they like cargo pants? I would say the cargo pants style is a "no" and the dressy style is a "yes". Just from personal experience, I wore capris to every conference the last 3 years (dressy style - mostly from Gap, Ann Taylor Loft or the like) and a nice top or twin set (sleveless cotton top underneath a 3/4 length arm cotton cardigan) and it was perfectly appropriate.

Shoes were always either "mules" (open toed, but not high heels - flat with lots of cushioning - I found some great ones at Payless and Famous Footwear!) or clog styles. I wouldn't recommend wearing any kind of heel unless you are really used to walking in heels - you'll be really uncomfortable!! I'm only 5'1", and I put my vanity on a shelf after the first year when I tried to wear 1 inch-high mules and my feet were aching after the first day!! I also wouldn't recommend flip flops, as they aren't supportive enough, and you could trip in them, even if they are dressier. I wear flip flops every day at home, but wouldn't wear them at conference. JMO

Just so you all can recognize me... it sounds like I will be the only one there in long pants!!

I try to be trendy and chic, but I have never found a pair of capri, etc that don't make me look like a weeble with feet! They are like wearing a big flashing sign that says... "Wide short load, make way!!"

That being said, long pants during the day. Shoes are another story. I have a great pair of white leather slides with about a 2 inch wedge that are amazingly comfortable. Another pair of black slides, same idea, but more of a "dansko type" base. As I mentioned before, I am only 5'4" and need a little extra boost.

Traveling clothes... seersucker striped (long!) pants, white tank top, white cardigan sweater, and a white shawl, because everyone knows trains, or airplanes, are always cold. Plus, this will allow me to transitition quite effortlessly to the main event on Wednesday afternoon... SHOPPING!!!!

Speaking of cold... been watching the weather. Does anyone think I need to bring a jacket??? Umbella yes, but jacket???

Just looking for input.

PamperChefCarol said:
Speaking of cold... been watching the weather. Does anyone think I need to bring a jacket??? Umbella yes, but jacket???

I am bringing my LL Bean unlined windbreaker/rain coat... I hate walking around with umbrellas, so this will have a hood, but is also comfy for chilly nights to break the breeze.

jennifer,
all I am bringing is flip-flops. thats what I am most comfortable in, thats what I am wearing.

PamperChefCarol said:

NO WAY!!!!! With the humidity here, it doesn't really cool down at night, so you will DEFINITELY not need a jacket.

I'm wearing Capri's and Tennis shoes. I have foot problems, so tennies are a must for me. If someone doesn't like it, they can just turn their head away from me.

hoosierchef said:
I'm wearing Capri's and Tennis shoes. I have foot problems, so tennies are a must for me. If someone doesn't like it, they can just turn their head away from me.

{Laughing sarcastically}
Nooooooooo, stop! I can't look!
We are all gonna be lucky if the PC clothes police don't turn us away from McCormick Place! LOL

I work in an office as a Sr. Business Analyst and wear capris and sandals all the time - they haven't fired me yet!!! :D

I have a pair of dress thongs I wear just about every day. Is that a fancy name for flip flops? (shoes you guys, not undies!)
--Jenny L

I think thongs are no longer "shoes"...guess they are called flip flops now. My 15 yr step DD about died laughing when I said something about wearing thongs....she thought I meant the undies!!!

Funny, when we were younger flip flops were thongs and thongs were G-strings...

Gettin old....

Jenny, my first thought when I read dress thongs were undies!! You had me laughing, and then I remembered that the convo is about flip flops;)

Then it's probably a good thing I didn't mention that they are leather!
--Jenny L

Bren706 said:
Capris and open toed shoes for me too! Although, I am not sure how comfy my shoes are going to be for a lot of walking, unless I wear my sneakers. Anyone else wear sneakers with their nice outfits for the sole purpose of comfort?

Last year my most comfy sandals were NOT comfy enough. We were all getting blisters from all the walking. VIP sold flipflops that SOLD out the 2nd day because of so many changing their minds and getting them because of comfort.

kimmers said:
I plan on wearing what I would wear to one of my shows. Why is it not acceptable to wear the same clothes to conference that you would wear to a show? Last year I went out of my way to get clothes that I though would be considered "business casual", and felt way to uncomfortable. I am going for the comfort this year. I am also wearing my crocs. (except when I do my shopping spree :) )

I will be wearing my cros (I have two pairs - one to match each outfit) and will have my dressier shows in my bag to change into when necessary...

I'll be in crocs too! Mickey Mouse ones and mary jane ones! Yea for comfort!

I gave my mom my crocs since she couldn't fit in to any normal shoes after he leg surgeries....so I don't know if they'd be comfy enough since I only wore them once!! :(

jlevernier said:
Then it's probably a good thing I didn't mention that they are leather!
--Jenny L
ROTFLMBO!!! :D :eek: :eek: What mental pictures!!:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

I will be wearing capris on at least one of the days! I have my whole outfit planned around that pair of capris!!!

<h2>1. Can I wear capri pants to a conference for Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Unfortunately, capri pants are not considered appropriate business casual attire for a Pampered Chef conference. While our dress code may have been more lenient in the past, we now adhere to a stricter policy in order to maintain a professional and polished appearance at our events.</p><h2>2. I heard some people saying they plan on wearing capri pants. Is it really not allowed?</h2><p>While it may be tempting to follow the fashion choices of others, we ask that all conference attendees adhere to our dress code policy. This includes avoiding capri pants and instead opting for appropriate business casual attire such as slacks, skirts, or dresses.</p><h2>3. I called HO and they told me capri pants were not allowed, but a week ago they said it was okay. Can you clarify?</h2><p>We apologize for any confusion or conflicting information you may have received. Our dress code policy is strictly enforced and capri pants are not considered appropriate business casual attire. We appreciate your understanding and adherence to our guidelines.</p><h2>4. What exactly is considered "business casual" attire for Pampered Chef conferences?</h2><p>Business casual attire for our conferences typically includes slacks or skirts, collared shirts, blouses, and dresses. We encourage attendees to dress professionally and comfortably, while still maintaining a polished and put-together appearance.</p><h2>5. I don't have any other suitable options besides my capri pants. Can I still wear them?</h2><p>We understand that wardrobe limitations can be challenging, but we ask that all attendees adhere to our dress code policy. If you are unable to find suitable alternatives, we suggest reaching out to a fellow consultant or contacting HO for further assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.</p>

1. Can I wear capri pants to a conference for Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, capri pants are not considered appropriate business casual attire for a Pampered Chef conference. While our dress code may have been more lenient in the past, we now adhere to a stricter policy in order to maintain a professional and polished appearance at our events.

2. I heard some people saying they plan on wearing capri pants. Is it really not allowed?

While it may be tempting to follow the fashion choices of others, we ask that all conference attendees adhere to our dress code policy. This includes avoiding capri pants and instead opting for appropriate business casual attire such as slacks, skirts, or dresses.

3. I called HO and they told me capri pants were not allowed, but a week ago they said it was okay. Can you clarify?

We apologize for any confusion or conflicting information you may have received. Our dress code policy is strictly enforced and capri pants are not considered appropriate business casual attire. We appreciate your understanding and adherence to our guidelines.

4. What exactly is considered "business casual" attire for Pampered Chef conferences?

Business casual attire for our conferences typically includes slacks or skirts, collared shirts, blouses, and dresses. We encourage attendees to dress professionally and comfortably, while still maintaining a polished and put-together appearance.

5. I don't have any other suitable options besides my capri pants. Can I still wear them?

We understand that wardrobe limitations can be challenging, but we ask that all attendees adhere to our dress code policy. If you are unable to find suitable alternatives, we suggest reaching out to a fellow consultant or contacting HO for further assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amya
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jessica_momof6
  • otisbg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates