• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Capri Pants Ok for Conference?

In summary, people say that capri pants are not "business casual". A week ago, when I called, HO said that they were ok. However, now they say that they are not. I am taking my capris and long walking shorts to wear to the conference. I think that 60-75% of the women at the conference will be wearing capris. It is up to HO to decide what is "business casual" for their conference, but I think that most people will be wearing them. There may be dress code police, but I think that they will not be refusing admission based on pants length.
dns2202
I here people here say they are going to wear capri pants. I called HO and they told me that capri pants were not 'business casual'. A week ago when I called, they said it was ok. HELP!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm wearing them.

I think short of HO sending out a list of "people will not be allowed to enter if they're wearing the following...", there will be people there in Capris. I would guess that easily 60-75% of the women at conference wear Capris there.

I'm not going to conference but I have several dressy capris. I would think they would be ok as long as they weren't jean material. like khaki or i have an outfit top that go with orange capris. something like that.

I have capris and long (I mean, past my knees) walking shorts that I am taking to wear!

I know I wore them last year!! It's the middle of July and HOT!! Plus, there is a ton of walking, so the good shoe thing is a must!!! It makes dressing a little trickier though!

chefann said:
I think short of HO sending out a list of "people will not be allowed to enter if they're wearing the following...", there will be people there in Capris. I would guess that easily 60-75% of the women at conference wear Capris there.

I agree. The problem is that "business casual" is different for each part of the country & heck, probably for different businesses in the same city! My sister works in a business casual place & wears capris & open-toed shoes all the time. But a few years ago, I worked in a business casual place & that was not allowed. So short of them going over every single choice of dress, there's going to be confusion.

Personally, I think if you look nice, then what does it matter? You shouldn't be going in something you wore to a 4th of July picnic, but why need to wear a business suit either??? I'm wearing--don't know what they are called--capris or crop pants or whatever they are. They are a nice pant material & black. I plan on wearing them with nice shirts and open-toed shoes. I wear the same thing to church & look fine.

And are there going to be dress code police? I think not. Wear what makes you comfortable. I don't think they are going to refuse admission if your pants aren't long enough. :eek:

I have always had a problem with "dress codes" they leave so much open for discussion!Of course thats why my kids go to Catholic school, no discussion there!! Of course my DD and I still find things to fight over!

Thank you so much! Capri pants....here I come!

amyv said:
I have always had a problem with "dress codes" they leave so much open for discussion!
Of course thats why my kids go to Catholic school, no discussion there!! Of course my DD and I still find things to fight over!

Sometimes even Catholic school dress codes can be confusing! When I was in high school, I got told by the dean during lunch one day that my navy pants were the "right kind of pant". They were navy pants for goodness sake--how many different kinds are there!

Unless they want to make all of us buy a uniform from them (wouldn't Merrill love that!), then they've got to know that the attire is open to different interpretation.

Capris all the way! That's all I'm packing - way too hot for my long black pants:eek:

I've seen people in shorts and t-shirts. I wouldn't suggest it, but some people do...

I too am wearing capris and open toed shoes!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Sometimes even Catholic school dress codes can be confusing! When I was in high school, I got told by the dean during lunch one day that my navy pants were the "right kind of pant". They were navy pants for goodness sake--how many different kinds are there!

Unless they want to make all of us buy a uniform from them (wouldn't Merrill love that!), then they've got to know that the attire is open to different interpretation.
OMG! did you go to my Catholic HS? We wanted uniforms so badly, because the dress code was so confusing and unevenly enforced. Uniforms would have been so much easier!

I'm wearing Dressy capris or gaouchos all three days with a nice button up top and comfy shoes!

Uniforms are golden when dealing with pre-teens!!! However, how do I keep my 12 yr old from rolling her skirt??? Those of you who went to catholic school know what Im talking about!

BTW I'm all about capris/crops and nice shirt!! Don't forget the jewelry girls, last year Belinda said it was a must!!!Yeah right, I'm lucky if I shower some days!! Like today, already been to the pediatrician for one and scheduled surgery for another, ah the joys of kids!

amyv said:
Uniforms are golden when dealing with pre-teens!!! However, how do I keep my 12 yr old from rolling her skirt??? Those of you who went to catholic school know what Im talking about!

Guilty!

Of course, I got mine when I taught 5th & 6th grade in a Catholic school & had to be the enforcer!

amyv said:
BTW I'm all about capris/crops and nice shirt!! Don't forget the jewelry girls, last year Belinda said it was a must!!!
That's funny. Because I just started making my own jewelry a couple months ago. And I actually am starting with the jewelry I want to wear in Chicago, then planning my outfits from there.

Capris and open toed shoes for me too! Although, I am not sure how comfy my shoes are going to be for a lot of walking, unless I wear my sneakers. Anyone else wear sneakers with their nice outfits for the sole purpose of comfort?

Ann
I checked them out they are beautiful!!I did the same thing, bought 2 necklaces off a friend and am packing around them.

Bren706 said:
Capris and open toed shoes for me too! Although, I am not sure how comfy my shoes are going to be for a lot of walking, unless I wear my sneakers. Anyone else wear sneakers with their nice outfits for the sole purpose of comfort?

I wore leather ked tennis sneakers part of the time, it is a lot of walking! Or maybe that was just the cake mixes I was carrying around, live and learn!!!

amyv said:
I wore leather ked tennis sneakers part of the time, it is a lot of walking! Or maybe that was just the cake mixes I was carrying around, live and learn!!!
I still have those mixes......

so do I!!! I have yet to bake one! I gave some away as gifts, however I did not need the 6,000 I lugged home!!

Hey, Amy...I'm new and haven't tried any of those cake mixes. If they aren't expired (DO they expire?!?!), what kind do you have? I might like to take a couple off your hands if you're willing to part with them.

I'm still not getting the comfy shoe thing. How do you wear comfy shoes with business casual? I either have to walk around like a dork with tennies and slacks or be uncomfortable but still look nice. No happy medium!

they were/are lemon, I don't think they expire, however we don't sell them anymore, you are welcome to one if you want to try it!! I just never get around to it, my kids like brownies better!

Christ Follower said:
I'm still not getting the comfy shoe thing. How do you wear comfy shoes with business casual? I either have to walk around like a dork with tennies and slacks or be uncomfortable but still look nice. No happy medium!

yes and yes!!
I know I saw people with heels on that took them off and walked barefoot. So don't worry about looking dorky at the workshops, wear shoes could walk the mall in! Does that help/make sense?

Unless you're crossing stage, nobody will care about your shoes. We're all in the same boat-trying to be comfortable without getting blisters. :)

chefann said:
Unless you're crossing stage, nobody will care about your shoes. We're all in the same boat-trying to be comfortable without getting blisters. :)

Well said!!!

I'll be wearing heels....got to, I'm only 5 foot tall! I need the extra few inches.

I found some cute shoes to wear! They're DR Shoals (ok, forgot how to spell that!) They're almost Mary Jane-looking with cute straps, kind of a gray color. I'll be gellin':cool:
And I'm all about wearing capris too....it's too darn hot for pants! I'm wearing some one day, and I'm actually bringing 2 skirts to wear the other 2 days. Which is big for me, cause I'm a jeans & t-shirt kinda girl!

dns2202 said:
I here people here say they are going to wear capri pants. I called HO and they told me that capri pants were not 'business casual'. A week ago when I called, they said it was ok. HELP!

When my ED walked in Dallas @ Leadership in January ~ she was wearing capris and looked fab!!!

What are thy going to do? Make us check thema at the door :eek: - now that would not be a pretty sight!!!

I was just trying to decide this very same thing. I recently had to buy a few items for my reduced size. However, I didn't buy a lot since I hope to be smaller next summer. Wasn't thinking about conference at the time. Very nice denim pants, shorts, capris & skirt. The not denim capris are very light weight green and I love them but they are actually less dressy to me since they can wrinkle easily and have the ties at the bottom. I AM wearing sandals b/c that's all I wear. I'm a SAHM and refuse to go shopping just for conference. I plan to wear the denim skirt (all of the denim is very dark btw) and possibly another peachy skirt that kind of fits (though gets a little too low now).I'm wondering if I can get away with a little more casual on the last day (the green pants) for comfy driving.

I just have to say my DH calls capris Pirate Pants but I love them

lacychef said:
I found some cute shoes to wear! They're DR Shoals (ok, forgot how to spell that!) They're almost Mary Jane-looking with cute straps, kind of a gray color. I'll be gellin':cool:
And I'm all about wearing capris too....it's too darn hot for pants! I'm wearing some one day, and I'm actually bringing 2 skirts to wear the other 2 days. Which is big for me, cause I'm a jeans & t-shirt kinda girl!

I've been looking all over for Mary Janes! Where did you find them!?

capris, but they are longish, and not jean material
the day I walk for TPC(day 2) cream dress pants
NED dinner, black dress pants

I'll be in hot slacks all 3 days!!! I'm jealous of you capri wearers! I have several but none that are business casual! Plus I wouldn't have any shoes!

I had this discussion with my director yesterday and we are wearing capris. She also said that you can "dress up" your capri outfits with jewelry and accessories. So, that is what I will be doing.

Christ Follower said:
I'll be in hot slacks all 3 days!!! I'm jealous of you capri wearers! I have several but none that are business casual! Plus I wouldn't have any shoes!

I think there are probably some differences of opinion as to what is "business casual".:rolleyes:
Those of us who are SAHM's and not in an an environment where there is a "dress code", probably think of any capris that aren't jean or sweatshirt type material as "business casual.;)

Having been to several conferences, honestly, I think some who haven't been before are stressing out WAAAAAAYYY to much over their clothes! You are going to see all kinds of and levels of dress, and it's really not going to matter that much.

Amen Becky! Way to much fuss. Bring what you're comfortable in. As long as your nicely put together, then who cares.

I plan on wearing what I would wear to one of my shows. Why is it not acceptable to wear the same clothes to conference that you would wear to a show? Last year I went out of my way to get clothes that I though would be considered "business casual", and felt way to uncomfortable. I am going for the comfort this year. I am also wearing my crocs. (except when I do my shopping spree :) )

I'm bringing all capris, well I do have one pair of pants. I am short though so alot of my capris still come down to my ankles..

etteluap70PC said:
I'm bringing all capris, well I do have one pair of pants. I am short though so alot of my capris still come down to my ankles..
I am short too...maybe that's why my "walking shorts" look more like capris on me and my capris look like flood pants....:eek:

yup right there with ya!

:cool:

Last year I wore Capri's everyday and put on my walking tennis shoes. No one complained about the way I looked. I wouldn't worry about it.

You are right about parts of the country. I think the further west you go the more casual we get. I am wearing capris too!!

I kinda wish they would just let us wear what we would wear to a show. I am all about comfort. I try to always look nice. Sometimes I get in a rut in my "Mommy" uniform. Jeans or jean shorts and some sort of shirt that covers my rolls and dumples. It was about 2 years ago that I finally got out of wearing my husband's large t-shirts for my outerwear. Shameful, I know.

To a show I will wear shorts or capris, depending and a PC shirt. Sometimes in my gym shoes, sandles or mules.

Did you say open-toed shoes????? You sinner...guess I'll be sinning too then.

I am not that short (5'5) but have a tendency to be shorter from the torso down. I buy petite jeans and they are just the right length with no hemming. My capris look more like cropped pants. I might bring them for casual evening but I don't have any good shoes to wear with them other than tennies. My cute wedge sandals won't work because I think they will bother my feet with so much walking and I lost a toe nail from training (half-marathon) and don't want to shoe off my mini-nail. They grow back in but take forever!

<h2>1. Can I wear capri pants to a conference for Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Unfortunately, capri pants are not considered appropriate business casual attire for a Pampered Chef conference. While our dress code may have been more lenient in the past, we now adhere to a stricter policy in order to maintain a professional and polished appearance at our events.</p><h2>2. I heard some people saying they plan on wearing capri pants. Is it really not allowed?</h2><p>While it may be tempting to follow the fashion choices of others, we ask that all conference attendees adhere to our dress code policy. This includes avoiding capri pants and instead opting for appropriate business casual attire such as slacks, skirts, or dresses.</p><h2>3. I called HO and they told me capri pants were not allowed, but a week ago they said it was okay. Can you clarify?</h2><p>We apologize for any confusion or conflicting information you may have received. Our dress code policy is strictly enforced and capri pants are not considered appropriate business casual attire. We appreciate your understanding and adherence to our guidelines.</p><h2>4. What exactly is considered "business casual" attire for Pampered Chef conferences?</h2><p>Business casual attire for our conferences typically includes slacks or skirts, collared shirts, blouses, and dresses. We encourage attendees to dress professionally and comfortably, while still maintaining a polished and put-together appearance.</p><h2>5. I don't have any other suitable options besides my capri pants. Can I still wear them?</h2><p>We understand that wardrobe limitations can be challenging, but we ask that all attendees adhere to our dress code policy. If you are unable to find suitable alternatives, we suggest reaching out to a fellow consultant or contacting HO for further assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.</p>

1. Can I wear capri pants to a conference for Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, capri pants are not considered appropriate business casual attire for a Pampered Chef conference. While our dress code may have been more lenient in the past, we now adhere to a stricter policy in order to maintain a professional and polished appearance at our events.

2. I heard some people saying they plan on wearing capri pants. Is it really not allowed?

While it may be tempting to follow the fashion choices of others, we ask that all conference attendees adhere to our dress code policy. This includes avoiding capri pants and instead opting for appropriate business casual attire such as slacks, skirts, or dresses.

3. I called HO and they told me capri pants were not allowed, but a week ago they said it was okay. Can you clarify?

We apologize for any confusion or conflicting information you may have received. Our dress code policy is strictly enforced and capri pants are not considered appropriate business casual attire. We appreciate your understanding and adherence to our guidelines.

4. What exactly is considered "business casual" attire for Pampered Chef conferences?

Business casual attire for our conferences typically includes slacks or skirts, collared shirts, blouses, and dresses. We encourage attendees to dress professionally and comfortably, while still maintaining a polished and put-together appearance.

5. I don't have any other suitable options besides my capri pants. Can I still wear them?

We understand that wardrobe limitations can be challenging, but we ask that all attendees adhere to our dress code policy. If you are unable to find suitable alternatives, we suggest reaching out to a fellow consultant or contacting HO for further assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amya
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jessica_momof6
  • otisbg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates