• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Bridal Leads Worth the Investment? Personal Experiences and Tips

In summary, someone in my director's upline is offering 65 bridal leads for $28...has anyone purchased leads and did you have success with this? I'm half-way interested since I need new leads...but is it awkward to contact someone who did not personally give me their information?Why is she charging you for them? If she can't/won't use them shouldn't she just pass them on?:confused:I guess she doesn't have time to follow-up and is trying to cover the expense of her booth? My director has also done this a few times.Wow I personally can't imagine paying for them. I mean if I did the booth I'm paying but as you
TwinGirlsMom
Someone in my director's upline is offering 65 bridal leads for $28...has anyone purchased leads and did you have success with this?
I'm half-way interested since I need new leads...but is it awkward to contact someone who did not personally give me their information?

Last edited:
TwinGirlsMom said:
Someone in my director's upline is offering 65 bridal leads for $28...has anyone purchased leads and did you have success with this?
I'm half-way interested since I need new leads...but is it awkward to contact someone who did not personally give me their information?
Why is she charging you for them? If she can't/won't use them shouldn't she just pass them on?:confused:

I guess she doesn't have time to follow-up and is trying to cover the expense of her booth? My director has also done this a few times.

TwinGirlsMom said:
I guess she doesn't have time to follow-up and is trying to cover the expense of her booth? My director has also done this a few times.
Wow I personally can't imagine paying for them. I mean if I did the booth I'm paying but as you said then you would have spoken with them. It's up to you and how badly you want/need the referrals right now. Sorry I can't help more:(

I would never pay for leads like that. Our business is about personal connections. It would be really hard to call them up if you didn't even meet them.

usually the director has to pay a vendor fee (or something like that). I got 20 names for $10 but NOTHING out of it. IMO it's not worth it, maybe hooking up with your local bridal shop would be...

Omgosh...that's just so not cool to charge you for them. No hon, I'd find another way and not pay her.

Bride leadsHi,

I have posted a few times, but looking forward to using this site a lot more. I wanted to put my two sense in. I just signed a contract for a year with David's Bridal, and there are five others that are working with me. We have comitted to do this for a year, but if someone cannot fulfill there agreement it is there responsibilty to find someone to take there month. It is $45.00 a month for our booth, leads, flyers, etc to be distributed. This past month we ended up with over 300 names between us. Personally if I could not fulfill my contract for the month I would find someone else and have them take my spot for the month having them pay the $45.00 and what they do what there leads is up to them.

Just my thoughts!

I think that is disguesting of her to SELL you leads!! That's not how people are here in PC world...she should hand them off to one of her downline if she does not want to follow up with them. That's awful!!
I had a great bridal lead - a registry and shower...but I could not do the shower on the date she needed - I passed the whole thing - registry and all to a FD in my downline...for FREE. If she makes $$ off it, I will make my overrides, great - and if she makes no $ from it, neither do I...but I would never SELL leads to my team!!!

Now that sounds like a director that I know! (not naming names) I would never pay for leads...no matter how desperate I was for bookings. To me, that is petty and shameful especially for her to charge her downline. Not a chance!

PS why would you pay for a "chance"? They are interests not guaranteed bookings. How many of us have had a yes or maybe only to find out that it was really a no way?! Hey, maybe she can auction them off on ebay. What a loser!

Yeah, I don't think I would go after that either. I don't understand why she would feel she would have to SELL them? They are just LEADS... I wouldn't go for it....

I have to say that I have spent my life in sales and marketing. I also understand that direct sales is a personal market where relationships matter. I think however, it is not unseemly to pay for the leads. The fact is that those people are your market and you have to find a way to get to your market. You should do the math. How many shows would it take you to recoop the $28.00. Im quite sure you could do it with one! If you aren't comfortable talking on the phone to strangers, I wouldn't do it but if you are, go for it!
Keep records of who you called and the results. Also, I would ask each name on the list if they knew anyone that might be interested in PC. Be brave!

I'd take the chance. She had to pay for a booth (I'm guessing) in order to gather those leads so I think it's fair that there be some reimbursement for those efforts. $28 for 65 names? If one person books with you, you'll make your money back.

I would pay it too, but think it's wrong for her to sell them to you. She's going to profit if you do.

I don't think it's right for a director or above to ask for money if they are making money off of us (it's different if they don't). However, if you need the leads, this isn't that expensive and THEY probably won't remember who they talked to at the booth anyway. I would be curious what the interest level of the leads are though. If they all marked no for more info, that would be disappointing even though no isn't always concrete. As for the awkwardness, just say "you stopped at the PC booth at...so I wanted to let you know that you won a "free show". Are you interested in having a PC bridal shower? We also have a great wedding registry! Can I tell you more?" or something like that.

It's the PRINCIPLE. Directors get $$ from HO to put towards booths. Directors are supposed to be there to SUPPORT the downline not profit or make up for their losses. Just on principle alone, I would not do it.

BusyMomPmp4u said:
Hi,

I just signed a contract for a year with David's Bridal, and there are five others that are working with me. We have comitted to do this for a year, but if someone cannot fulfill there agreement it is there responsibilty to find someone to take there month. It is $45.00 a month for our booth, leads, flyers, etc to be distributed.

Yes, these leads are from David's Bridal as well. I halfway wonder now if she is just getting rid of all the cards marked 'No'! I doubt that I will take advantage of this 'offer' but my director made it sound like it was a great deal and that we ought to jump on it!

Related to Are Bridal Leads Worth the Investment? Personal Experiences and Tips

1. Are bridal leads worth investing in for my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, bridal leads can be a valuable asset for your Pampered Chef business. These leads are typically couples who are planning their wedding and are in need of kitchen and cooking products. This presents a great opportunity for you to showcase your Pampered Chef products and potentially gain new customers.

2. How do I obtain bridal leads for my Pampered Chef business?

One way to obtain bridal leads is by attending bridal fairs or expos. These events are specifically targeted towards couples planning their wedding and often have vendor booths for businesses like Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to local wedding planners or venues to see if they offer a bridal lead service.

3. What information should I include in my bridal lead follow-up email?

When following up with bridal leads, make sure to introduce yourself and your Pampered Chef business. You can include a brief description of your products and services, as well as any special offers or discounts for newlyweds. It's also helpful to include links to your website or social media pages for them to learn more about your business.

4. How can I stand out from other vendors when interacting with bridal leads?

To stand out from other vendors, consider offering a unique and interactive experience for potential customers. This could include hosting a cooking demonstration at a bridal fair or offering a personalized gift with purchase for bridal lead customers. You can also differentiate yourself by providing excellent customer service and following up promptly with leads.

5. Are there any specific strategies for converting bridal leads into long-term customers?

Yes, there are several strategies you can use to convert bridal leads into long-term customers. One approach is to offer a bridal registry service where engaged couples can register for your products to use in their new home. Additionally, you can offer cooking classes or workshops for newlyweds to learn how to use your products and build a relationship with them. Finally, make sure to follow up with leads after their wedding to offer your continued support and build a lasting connection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• catlwilles
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • Brasil513
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sonalnh
Replies