• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Pampered Chef Consultants Represent Themselves in Media?

In summary, it seems as if you are only able to represent yourself as a Pampered Chef consultant to local media if you have HO's prior written approval.
jbachen
I saw on here a couple of days ago something someone said about not being able to represent themselves as a Pampered Chef consultant to local media, and I am looking for more details on this policy. I have looked through the policies and procedures, and cannot find anything specifically stating this particular restriction.

In my case, what I would like to do is publish an article online at an independent website telling my story and why the Pampered Chef opportunity has been so great for me. I know I cannot link to my website in this article, but I cannot find anything specific in the policies prohibiting the article itself. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I think if you want to talk to or have an article wrote about you in the media, you have to have HO's permission to do so. I would call HO and talk to someone about it.

On page F-20 of your Policies & Procedures Manual, you'll find the following:
Publicity: Newspapers
Consultants and Above

You may submit story ideas and press releases to your local
community newspapers. With prior written approval from
the Corporate Communications Department, you may also
submit a recipe for publication in your local newspapers.

I'm pretty sure the "prior written approval" clause applies to web sites, too.

Definitely pursue permission first since you are talking about an internet site. My guess is they will say no. (Sorry to be a pooper, but the internet policies are pretty black and white. Best to stay out of trouble.)

Ok, and just smack me upside the head if I am being dense here, but I read that policy section as saying that it is allowable for me to send press releases and story ideas to my local paper, BUT if I want to publish a recipe, then for that I need permission. Am I missing something?

jbachen said:
Ok, and just smack me upside the head if I am being dense here, but I read that policy section as saying that it is allowable for me to send press releases and story ideas to my local paper, BUT if I want to publish a recipe, then for that I need permission. Am I missing something?

HO provides us with press releases for things like Help Whip Cancer and Round Up so those are already written by HO staff and approved. Submitting a story idea is not a situation where you would be quoted or anything...it's just the suggestion for a story.

Submitting a PC recipe for publication requires approval since they are considered "property" of PC.

Did that answer your question?

The assumption is that if your local paper does anything with the press release, it will be printed as-is or even shortened. And since it's from HO, all the wording and amount of information (consultant name, etc.) has been pre-approved.

We are NOT allowed, however, to send even press releases to the top 100 newspapers in the US. That's indicated in the online advertising policies:
The Home Office reserves the right to contact the top 100 newspapers in the US on behalf of all of our Consultants. The top 100 newspapers are listed on Consultant’s Corner under Promoting Your Business, Advertising and Publicity Guidelines and Top 100. Please do not contact these top 100 newspapers.

If contacted by a Top 100 newspaper, you must forward the lead to the Corporate Communications Department at [email protected] for a response.​
There's a link to a PDF of the top 100 papers, so you can check if your local paper is on the list.

We cannot say anywhere online that we are PC reps so I'm guessing since it's an online article (whether it's independent or not), that it's a no-go.Why not e-mail Richard Laiche and see what he says. He heads up the online policies. Ann.. can you post his e-mail address? That way you'll know upfront if you'd be violating any policies.

Usually, I subscribe to the theory that it's easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission. This, however, is one of those cases where HO can take their football and go home, leaving you standing there with a puzzled look, wondering what happened. There have been some people up here, left standing with a puzzled look, wondering what happened and blaming it on us instead of themselves.

OK, well thanks for the clarifications, everyone. I would also be interested to know (and I saw this question in another thread, although I don't think it was answered yet) if it is OK to say that I am an independent consultant for a seller of kitchenware? Or even just an independent consultant for a direct sales company?

What is the purpose of "aQuestion About Representation"?

The purpose of "aQuestion About Representation" is to provide a platform for individuals to ask questions and receive answers from a diverse group of people. This allows for a more well-rounded understanding and representation of different perspectives and experiences.

Who can participate in "aQuestion About Representation"?

Anyone can participate in "aQuestion About Representation". It is open to people of all backgrounds, races, genders, and beliefs. The more diverse the participants, the more valuable the discussions and insights will be.

How are questions and answers monitored for accuracy and appropriateness?

Our team at Pampered Chef carefully monitors all questions and answers to ensure they are accurate and appropriate. We also encourage participants to fact-check and provide sources for their answers to ensure the information being shared is reliable.

Can I remain anonymous while participating in "aQuestion About Representation"?

Yes, you can choose to remain anonymous while participating in "aQuestion About Representation". We understand that some individuals may feel more comfortable sharing their thoughts and asking questions anonymously, and we respect their privacy.

What is the benefit of participating in "aQuestion About Representation"?

Participating in "aQuestion About Representation" allows for the exchange of diverse perspectives and promotes understanding and empathy. It also provides a safe and inclusive space for individuals to ask questions and learn from others' experiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Akgirl95
  • General Chat
Replies