1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rant Aggrivated by consultants............

1. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have to first say that I am one of those people who is a stickler for following rules. The company says don't link to your website - I don't link to my website. The company says don't list Pampered Chef anywhere in your Facebook or MySpace pages - I don't list Pampered Chef. It's that simple as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't mean I don't think some of these rules should be revisited, just that I don't do what I know is wrong. I do say things like, frustrated with a hostess or closed another show. But I never say Pampered Chef or PC. So I get really, really aggrivated when other consultants do - especially if they have been with the company for a while and know that this is against policy. I don't turn people in to HO (unless I were to find something very out there against policy) but it's still frustrating to me. How would you handle it if you knew someone who was doing this and you've already mentioned it to them and they don't stop?

Apr 5, 2009
  2. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

As frustrating as it may be, I suggest letting it go. I'm not minimizing what you feel...intentional violations irk a lot of us. I'm just saying don't let the icky-ness of someone else's poor judgement interfere with the enjoyment you get from your business.

Apr 5, 2009
  3. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

4. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I also suggest letting it go. I let this drive me nuts for 2 years. It affected my biz. now if I run into something I just forward it on to HO and move on. I does amaze me though how many people even those who are definetly rule followers do not even know the online policy.

Apr 5, 2009
  5. rennea

rennea Legacy Member Gold Member

I'm on the letting it go bandwagon as well. There are so many people who go on and on about Internet violations but still list it in their blogs. I just let it go, it really isn't worth your time getting your undies in a knot. :)

Apr 5, 2009
  6. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

Why does it matter to you that others are breaking the rules - is it hurting you in any way? I am definitely all for following the rules, and if others choose to break them, well everything evens out in the end.

Have faith that your good work will be rewarded.

Apr 5, 2009
  7. pclinskie

pclinskie Member Silver Member

This happens in every aspect of my life. My girls go to a small private school with uniforms. The skirts should be only one inch above the knee. My girls are some of the FEW that abide. Now they are considered matronly.
    We ALWAYS follow every rule and so many people don't.
    You can make yourself crazy!

Apr 5, 2009
  8. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Okay, I'm letting it go. I think my real problem is that it's a director. I just feel that someone who is supposed to be helping others with their business should be leading by doing the right thing.

Sorry I brought it up.

Apr 5, 2009
  9. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I agree with you 100%. Its not right. It'll catch up to them someday, or atleast you can hope! :)

Apr 5, 2009
Have something to add?