• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Approaching Strangers....sorta....

In summary, the conversation discusses various ideas for approaching other moms at sports practices and games to promote the PC business. Suggestions include wearing PC clothing and carrying a PC bag, offering snacks or recipes in PC products, and being honest and making small talk about the business. Other ideas include being sneaky and pretending to be on a call while talking about the benefits of PC, and having a "traveling office" with catalogs and other materials in the car.
hoosierchef
My son plays a sport about every season. I've held off contacting other moms at the practices and games, because I'm just not sure how to approach them about it.

If you don't mind, could you please share ideas how to approach them, what supplies I should keep with me and how to break the ice? I'm fortunate enough that I don't have a problem of speaking to strangers, it's just that I'm not sure where to start without offending or turning them off.....

Thanks!!:confused:

Always wear something PC or have a PC bag with you. Maybe take some Mommy munchies in a Chillzanne piece or just a yummy PC recipe. Ask the coach if fundraising is needed and offer to do it. And, ALWAYS keep catalogs, host packets, and recruiting packets with you.If you want to be sneaky, "answer" your phone and pretend to be talking to a host - or really do it - during a practice. Make sure you talk about the benefits and mention PC as much as possible. You could also do this with a potential recruit, although, faking it might be best. That way you could talk about things that you want to - like setting your schedule, good money, trips, staying at home, etc.Another idea would be to talk to the ladies about whatever and ask them what they do, what they do for fun, what groups they are in, if they know of a Bunko group, etc. When they send up flags, you are there to ask the correct questions. Make sure you have your 30 second commercial memorized in case they ask you what you do.HTH

My first thought was same as Kate's--wear PC clothes, carry a PC bag. Or just sit at the game and pretend to read the catalog. :)

PcI think it's a great idea to wear PC clothing, and take your PC bag with you along with many catalogs.
Be honest and make small talk. Some of my homeschool group mothers are surprised when they find out I am a PC consultant. They tell me they have been looking for one and are happy they can order things from me now.
I try not to mention it at each event but I do carry catalogs in the car, business cards in my purse and bring snacks in my PC items. I am always quick to volunteer a PC recipe for a snack for any upcoming events.

Ask the ladies if they ever need a PC item or if they don't have their own consultant that you would be happy to help them. Pass out your business card and tell them that you would be happy to help them if the need ever arises. I don't think that's pushy. I think that it's letting others know about your home business and services.

Tell them
"Hello my name is XXXX and I have a home business that I just wanted to share with you. I sell PC products. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask me. I would be happy to offer my services."
And give out your card.

Debbie :D

I tend to be a bit of a walking billboard. When someone asks, I tell them that, yes, I'm a consultant. If they don't start talking about it right away, I'll ask if they're familiar with TPC. Depending on their answer I will ask if they've had a show, are interested in the business, etc. Let their responses guide you.As to what to keep with you, I have a "traveling office" in my van. It's just a plastic container with the following:Several catalogs
A couple of host kits for both kitchen shows and catalog shows
Info on wedding showers and registries
A couple of copies of Empowering WomenI also carry mini catalgs in my purse. I hand those out instead of business cards in most circumstances.Hope this helps.

cmdtrgd said:
If you want to be sneaky, "answer" your phone and pretend to be talking to a host - or really do it - during a practice. Make sure you talk about the benefits and mention PC as much as possible. You could also do this with a potential recruit, although, faking it might be best. That way you could talk about things that you want to - like setting your schedule, good money, trips, staying at home, etc
HTH

I was just reading this and had to laugh cause I think what if she's pretending and the phone rings while she is "on a call":D That is something that would soooo happen to me!

Rebeccascabinet said:
I was just reading this and had to laugh cause I think what if she's pretending and the phone rings while she is "on a call":D That is something that would soooo happen to me!
I would turn my phone off before I started pretending.

cbord said:
I would turn my phone off before I started pretending.

Very good idea--I can see that happening too!:p

I carry my catalog tote with me with a few catalogs, a host packet , mini brochures, wedding registry and fundraiser info and of course my business cards. I made a few contacts while I was doing paperwork where I was closing a show yesterday as people were curious what I was doing and someone was talking near me about home parties and I mentioned that I am with PC and she asked for information. Hope to hear from her real soon!

Related to Approaching Strangers....sorta....

What is "Approaching Strangers....sorta...."?

"Approaching Strangers....sorta...." is a technique used by Pampered Chef consultants to connect with potential customers and introduce them to our products. It involves approaching strangers in a non-intrusive and friendly manner to start a conversation about cooking and food.

Is it effective in generating sales?

Yes, "Approaching Strangers....sorta...." has been proven to be an effective way to introduce new customers to Pampered Chef products and generate sales. It allows consultants to build relationships with potential customers and showcase the quality and usefulness of our products.

How do I approach strangers without being pushy?

The key to "Approaching Strangers....sorta...." is to be friendly and genuine. Start by complimenting something about the person, such as their outfit or the food they are carrying. Then, ask a question related to cooking or food, such as "Have you tried any new recipes lately?" This approach is non-intrusive and allows for a natural conversation to flow.

What if the person is not interested?

It's important to remember that not everyone will be interested in Pampered Chef products. If the person politely declines your offer, thank them for their time and move on. Do not push or pressure them, as this can make them feel uncomfortable and may harm the reputation of Pampered Chef.

Are there any tips for successful "Approaching Strangers....sorta...."?

Yes, here are a few tips for a successful approach: 1) Be confident and friendly. Smile and make eye contact. 2) Have a genuine interest in the person and their cooking habits. 3) Be prepared with a few product recommendations or a cooking tip to share. 4) Respect boundaries and do not push or pressure the person. 5) Always have business cards or contact information ready to give to interested customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
batterbowl
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • cla519
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
I Have the Tools