1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Apple peeler/corer/slicer help

1. mbh06

mbh06 Member Silver Member

I have this and everytime I use it I tear the apple up and it looks horrid :(

What are the tricks to getting this thing to work? I love making apple pies and got this in hopes of it making things go quicker...

May 26, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I have this happen when the variety of apple has very soft flesh (like delicious). Some things I try- I put the bottom of the apple facing towards the blade- so it is the first to get cut. Sometimes if I start at the larger end (top), it will do like you said and just tear into.

Another thing I try is sometimes on that kind of apple- I'll hold the blade back a bit until the apple approaches and starts, then I just gently release the blade onto the apple and it starts cutting. That usually works too, especially if the fatter end of the apple is what is coming first.

May 26, 2009
  3. mbh06

mbh06 Member Silver Member

This makes sense, I will have to try again. And yes, I gave up on soft apples. I knew that was part of the problem at one point :)

May 26, 2009
Have something to add?