• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer Without Ruining My Apples?

In summary, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is a device used for peeling, coring, and slicing apples and other fruits. To use it, secure the device onto a flat surface using the suction base, place the fruit onto the prongs, and turn the handle. The device can also be used for other fruits, but adjustments may need to be made for different sizes and hardness. To clean the device, disassemble it and wash all parts with warm soapy water. If the suction base is not sticking, make sure the surface is clean and dry, or adjust the lever for greater suction power. The device also allows for adjustable thickness of slices by turning a knob on the blade assembly.
mbh06
Silver Member
I have this and everytime I use it I tear the apple up and it looks horrid :(

What are the tricks to getting this thing to work? I love making apple pies and got this in hopes of it making things go quicker...

I have this happen when the variety of apple has very soft flesh (like delicious). Some things I try- I put the bottom of the apple facing towards the blade- so it is the first to get cut. Sometimes if I start at the larger end (top), it will do like you said and just tear into.Another thing I try is sometimes on that kind of apple- I'll hold the blade back a bit until the apple approaches and starts, then I just gently release the blade onto the apple and it starts cutting. That usually works too, especially if the fatter end of the apple is what is coming first.

This makes sense, I will have to try again. And yes, I gave up on soft apples. I knew that was part of the problem at one point :)

1. How do I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

To use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, first secure the device onto a flat surface using the suction base. Then, place an apple onto the prongs and turn the handle to start peeling, coring, and slicing the apple simultaneously. Make sure to adjust the blades according to the desired thickness of the slices.

2. Can I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer for other fruits?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can be used for other fruits such as pears and even potatoes. However, you may need to adjust the blades and the pressure applied to the handle depending on the hardness and size of the fruit.

3. How do I clean the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer?

To clean the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, first disassemble the device by removing the handle and the blade assembly. Wash all parts with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before reassembling. You can also wash the device in the dishwasher, but hand washing is recommended for better care.

4. My suction base is not sticking, what should I do?

If the suction base is not sticking, make sure the surface is clean and dry before attaching the device. You can also moisten the suction base before attaching it to the surface for better grip. If the problem persists, try adjusting the lever on the suction base to increase the suction power.

5. Can I adjust the thickness of the slices?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer comes with an adjustable blade that allows you to choose the desired thickness of the slices. Simply turn the knob on the side of the blade assembly to adjust the blade position, creating thinner or thicker slices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • lanelly7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Amanda c