• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Appetizer Recipe for a Bbq Party--Help!!

In summary, the party will have both Chillzane Servers (round and rectangle) and no seasoning packets. The party starts at 4pm and goes until late in the evening. There is a going away party for a civillian contractor this weekend and the hostess has asked what we can bring. The three things the expert recommends are the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, the layered Mexican dip, or the seven layer salad squares.
stephanieboyd
Gold Member
Guten Tag Fellow Cheffers!!

My DH has done it again!! He springs these things on me and I just have no idea, so I look to the professionals!! There is a going away party this weekend for a Civillian Contractor who is going back to the States. His boss is throwing a party at her house, and it's a BBQ bash. The weather is getting nicer over here, so lots of people want to be outside entertaining. When asked what we could bring, she answered this way......'Sure if she wants to make an appetizer that goes good with beer that would be great!' :eek:

I am not a beer drinker, so I don't have a clue!! Here's what I have got to work with, I have both Chillzane Servers (the round and the rectangle). I don't have any of the seasoning packets, and no time to order them now! These are great people to rub elbows with as the civillian contractors make twice or three times as much as my enlisted guy!! I want to showcase my business without showing up at someone else's party and making it all about me! :confused:

I have thought about the fruit and strawberry dip that was in a previous thread. Will that go with beer?? Keep in mind that I am in Germany where the beer is at a premium (I guess) :rolleyes: . What do I put on the fruit to make it not look brown and yucky in an hour or two? Or give me some ideas of what will stand the test of time. This party is starting at 4pm and going through late in the evening.

Help me, Cheffers!!! I am looking to you to bail me out and help me look fabulous, again!!! :p

use 7-up or lemon juice on fruit put in chill server and will be great

Do you have the pampered chef beer bread mix? I always make mine with a dark beer it is great. Server it with some garlic butter spread. Yum!

Three thingsThe layered Mexican dip, which is made in the large square SA platter; or the seven layer salad squares, which is made in the large bar pan; or the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, large bar pan.

Clubhouse Chicken SquaresPreheat oven to 375. Preheat oven to 375. Unroll 1 package of crescent rolls across on end of bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat using a second package of crescent roll dough. Seal perforations and press up sides to form crust. Bake 10-12 minutes and remove from oven. Cool Completely. Next, combine 1 package cream cheese, 2 tbs mayo, 1 garlic clove pressed, and 1 tsp dill mix. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Top cream cheese with 1 can chunk white chicken. Top with thinly sliced cucumber, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar, and crumbled bacon. Chill 30 minutes. Cut into squares.

The Pampered Chef ® Layered Mexican Party Dip Recipe
1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
1 packet Fiesta Classic Salsa Seasoning Mix, divided
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 cup sour cream
2 medium ripe avocados
1 lime
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend
3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
Lime Tortilla Chips (optional)

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine refried beans, 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Spread bean mixture evenly over bottom of Simple Additions® Large Square Platter. Spread sour cream over bean mixture using Large Spreader.
2. Using Avocado Peeler, cut avocados in half lengthwise; remove seeds and cut flesh away from skin. Mash avocados in Classic Batter Bowl using Nylon Masher. Juice lime using Juicer to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Add juice to avocados; mix well and spread over sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Dice tomatoes and slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Slice jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise; remove seeds using Cook's Corer® and finely chop using Food Chopper.
4. Combine tomatoes, green onions, olives, cilantro, jalapeño pepper and remaining seasoning mix in small Colander Bowl; spoon over dip using Nylon Slotted Spoon, draining excess juice. Serve immediately with Lime Tortilla Chips, if desired.
Yield: 24 servings
Nutrients per serving: (1/4 cup dip): Calories 90, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 2 g

The Pampered Chef ® Seven Layer Salad Squares Recipe
2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup spoonable salad dressing (see Cook's Tip)
1 garlic clove, pressed
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled, divided
1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided
3 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll one package of crescent dough across one end of Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using Baker's Roller®, roll dough to seal seams and press up sides to form crust. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.
2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, salad dressing and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add half of the bacon and half of the peas; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust using Large Spreader.
3. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes; arrange over cream cheese mixture. Thinly slice lettuce using Chef's Knife. Grate cheddar cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Coarsely chop red onion using Food Chopper. Sprinkle remaining bacon, remaining peas, lettuce, cheddar cheese and onion evenly over tomatoes. Cut into squares using Utility Knife; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 appetizers
Nutrients per serving: (1 square): Calories 160, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 260 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: Spoonable salad dressing is a jarred dressing similar to mayonnaise. If desired, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt can be substituted for the spoonable salad dressing.

To soften cream cheese, microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened.

I know there are other recipes that would work, but these are the three that stand out to me. Hope you can use one of them!

what about a grilled pizza. On a piece of foil Take a boboli like dough... baste some canola basil oil on it... sprinkle with fresh garlic and your choice of cheese... top with roma sliced tomoto... cover with the foil and throw on grill for 5-10 minutes... YUMMY!!! Taste like a margarita pizza....

These are great ideas!! I don't have a beer bread mix either, and I don't have time to order one.

The mexican stuff is great, but I really thought I wanted something cold to carry in the Chillzane stuff. Maybe I will re-think that one.

I don't think I will have access to the kitchen because it sounds like an outdoor party. I don't want to impose on her home, I just want to walk into the backyard and wow them with a grrrreeatttt recipe that everyone will be talking about!!

Keep the ideas coming, Cheffers!! You are all so creative, I know we will come up with something!!

Stephanie, you cannot go wrong with Deviled Eggs. Men love them. You can show off your Chillzanne Rectangle Server, and know that it will keep the
eggs safe for at least two hours, if they last that long. If you need a recipe for deviled eggs, just holler. One dozen, cut in half with your crinkle cutter,
or a plain knife will fill the 24 compartments. It's inexpensive and fast with your Easy Accent Decorator. Don't worry if you don't have one yet, make due. Our Southwestern seasoning is great mixed into the yolks and some mayo. One teaspoon will be plenty or just sprinkle it into your yolks and taste until you are satisfied. Do a test run and see what your husband likes.
I also use 1 tsp. of our dill seasoning for variety. Remember if you are going to garnish with a sprinkle of Paprika, to do it before you put the egg in the
Chillzanne, so you will not STAIN the white surface. Good luck.

Rita,
That is so funny that you say that!! My husband hates deviled eggs, he won't even eat them for holidays!!! He must be from another planet!!

I use the recipe out of the Celebrations Cookbook that has the cream cheese in it!! They are awesome, you should try them sometime!!!

1. What are some easy appetizer recipes for a BBQ party?

Some easy appetizer recipes for a BBQ party include grilled shrimp skewers, bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers, and caprese skewers with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil.

2. Can you recommend any vegetarian appetizers for a BBQ party?

Yes, there are many delicious vegetarian appetizers that are perfect for a BBQ party. Some options include grilled vegetable skewers, stuffed portobello mushrooms, and grilled corn on the cob with herb butter.

3. How far in advance can I make appetizers for a BBQ party?

It is best to make appetizers for a BBQ party no more than 1-2 hours in advance. This will ensure that they are fresh and at their best when served to guests.

4. Are there any make-ahead appetizer recipes for a BBQ party?

Yes, there are several make-ahead appetizer recipes for a BBQ party. Some examples include marinated antipasto skewers, chilled shrimp cocktail, and bruschetta with a variety of toppings.

5. Can you recommend any appetizers that can be prepared on the grill?

Absolutely, there are many appetizer recipes that can be prepared on the grill. Some options include grilled flatbread with toppings, grilled fruit skewers with a honey glaze, and grilled stuffed mushrooms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefannie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JAE
  • rajenkiPC