• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Who's Used the Roasting Pan and Rack Please Help!

In summary, a rack can be used for a roast of beef to elevate the meat and ensure even cooking. The meat lifters are used to transfer the roast from the rack to the carving board. Some people prefer to use the lifters instead of the rack, but it's a matter of personal preference. Don't forget to let the roast rest before carving. Happy cooking!
kcjodih
Gold Member
I know to use the rack with a turkey. But what about with a roast of beef? I don't use one when I normally make it but now I'm not too sure. And if I use the rack for the roast, what on earth do I need the meat lifters for? The rack would get it out of the pan. Am I just use the lifters to lift it FROM the rack to the carving board? Seems like a waste to me. Unless of course no rack for beef, use lifters to remove. Now THAT makes sense!

Please help. Making roast for a house full tomorrow noon! :eek:

kcjodih said:
I know to use the rack with a turkey. But what about with a roast of beef? I don't use one when I normally make it but now I'm not too sure. And if I use the rack for the roast, what on earth do I need the meat lifters for? The rack would get it out of the pan. Am I just use the lifters to lift it FROM the rack to the carving board? Seems like a waste to me. Unless of course no rack for beef, use lifters to remove. Now THAT makes sense!

Please help. Making roast for a house full tomorrow noon! :eek:

Yup - it's easier to carve on a carving board, and sometimes if you moved cooked meats/poultry with big grill forks they fall apart.

Hi there! Yes, you can definitely use a rack for a roast of beef. It helps to elevate the meat and allows for more even cooking and browning. And you're right, the meat lifters would be used to transfer the roast from the rack to the carving board. Some people prefer to use the lifters to remove the roast from the pan instead of using the rack, as it can be easier to handle and transfer to the carving board. But it's really up to personal preference. If you do decide to use the rack, make sure to place it in the roasting pan before adding the roast and any vegetables. And don't forget to let the roast rest for a few minutes before carving! Good luck with your roast and enjoy your meal with your house full of guests!

1. How do I clean the roasting pan and rack?

The roasting pan and rack are both dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. If handwashing, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils on the non-stick coating.

2. Can the roasting pan and rack be used on the stovetop?

No, the roasting pan and rack are not designed to be used on the stovetop. They are meant for use in the oven only.

3. What is the maximum temperature the roasting pan and rack can withstand?

The roasting pan and rack are oven-safe up to 450°F.

4. Can the roasting pan and rack be used for roasting vegetables?

Yes, the roasting pan and rack are great for roasting vegetables. The rack allows for even cooking and prevents sticking to the bottom of the pan.

5. Is it necessary to use the rack when roasting meat?

While it is not necessary, using the rack allows for air circulation around the meat, resulting in more evenly cooked and juicier meat. It also helps with browning and preventing the meat from sticking to the bottom of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • KitchenSmellzSmokey
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Cindy Lightner
  • chefmelody