• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Use Sa (Non-Dots) for Everyday Dishes?

We love the clean and simple look of the SA dishes (non-dots), but they're pretty expensive for everyday dishes. Does anyone else use them this way? hat do you use for cereal bowls? The small bowls are too small, but the medium bowls are way too big!
redsoxgirl
We love the clean and simple look of the SA dishes (non-dots), but they're pretty expensive for everyday dishes.

Does anyone else use them this way? hat do you use for cereal bowls? The small bowls are too small, but the medium bowls are way too big!

We're toying with the idea right now, but I wanted to get some opinions first.

Thanks!

my director uses hers. as far as expensive, I think they are reasonable (we have lenox everyday dishes!)

I use some of the SA in addition to the lenox just for DH and me.

I do. The small plates for everyday and the medium squares for dinners. Use the small bowls for everyday. The small squares and small bowls are not too small for everyday use and really help with portion control.

I wish they sold the small squares with a navy band like the cranberry!

Wonder if they'd make a special batch just for me ;)

I use them every day as well, and use them the same way as does Colleen. We've been using them for over a year and a half now and knock on wood, have never had any of the pieces chip.

I've been wondering about these too. I love all of the SA, and have some pieces, but I do think they are expensive. How do you explain the cost to people when you sell them? I understand they are hand glazed, but you could easily get something similar from Target for way less... I particulaly love square plates, and got a set of 12 white appetizer plates for $20 from crate and barrel - I couldn't justify $60 for the SA ones... And yes, I know they come with a caddy but that's not worth $40 to me! :)

So, how do you sell these?

AnnieBee said:
I've been wondering about these too. I love all of the SA, and have some pieces, but I do think they are expensive. How do you explain the cost to people when you sell them? I understand they are hand glazed, but you could easily get something similar from Target for way less... I particulaly love square plates, and got a set of 12 white appetizer plates for $20 from crate and barrel - I couldn't justify $60 for the SA ones... And yes, I know they come with a caddy but that's not worth $40 to me! :)

So, how do you sell these?

Similar, but not the same. "Okay" dishes are a dime a dozen....those are the ones that chip easy and show the wear and tear. It's the quality difference that affects the price (or so I like to believe!:) )

We use the SA everyday as well. No problems. I love the look of the food on the square plate. If anything, my only complaint is the weight....but that's due in part to the quality.

As for selling, it's the same as with the 'similiar' tools available at the box stores. Customers can buy them cheaper there....again and again and again. With us, it's usually just a single purchase. :)

legacypc46 said:
Similar, but not the same. "Okay" dishes are a dime a dozen....those are the ones that chip easy and show the wear and tear. It's the quality difference that affects the price (or so I like to believe!:) )

We use the SA everyday as well. No problems. I love the look of the food on the square plate. If anything, my only complaint is the weight....but that's due in part to the quality.

As for selling, it's the same as with the 'similiar' tools available at the box stores. Customers can buy them cheaper there....again and again and again. With us, it's usually just a single purchase. :)
Just what I was going to say!

I used the square dishes for every day and company (I do have china too but it's too formal and not DW safe) until the dots. Now I have a serving for 8 of dots and only use the squares if I the dots are all in the DW or as the mood hits me.

I love them and have not had a single chip - DH's only issue is the weight if he's taking it into the TV room - no complaints at the table. HE says that the dots make the food look better.

I know this thread is about the squares... We love them and the price isn't bad if you comparison shop with like quality. I have had Pfaltzgraff which was pricy and it chipped right away. As consultants we have a definite advantage. We can get it for at least 20% off anytime and 40% off in April and even less if we are the host of a show. Our guests can get it at very reduced prices by having a show and using their benefits - can't do that at Crate and Barrel or those other stores.

So what makes these so much higher quality? (I'm trying hard to find words that don't sound argumentative :confused: and I don't doubt you, just want to know what I would say to a customer). I do like mine, but I really haven't had problem with cheaper plates, or for example Pfaltzgraff, which is a good name and alot cheaper. Pretty much every other PC product I can absolutely say that they are better quality, better designed and worth the price, but with the SA I just feel, wow, that's a little pricey. The catalogue just says "high-quality ceramic" and "Hand-painted glaze".

Again, I hope I'm not coming across as rude, I just want to know how to answer these questions and sell these! :) I really do love the SA!! (I've been dying to get the Oval Platter for ages...)

You are not coming across as rude.

They are very high quality in that they are very chip resistant (I have had problems with chipping with every kind of dinnerware I've had before including Pfaltzgraff and even Correlle). They are also contemporary and "stylish".

The other choices out there do not give a full 1 year warranty - if ours chip PC will replace them. The other choices do not give customers the opportunity to get them free and at deep discounts. A host could get a set for much less than others on the market.

Thanks Beth! Thats a good point about the warranty for chips - I hadn't thought of that. I think the way to go is definately trying to use a discount!

I have been getting these to use as everyday plates. I by 2 sets on a show order when they go on sale and a set or 2 on KE.

Wanted to use the square plates for everyday, but they are just too heavy.However, the square bowls for noodles (Japanese DH) is much appreciated. Just the thing for Pho (Viet style noodles) too.

I used the square bowls/plates for everyday for the last 3 years - loved them! I'm switching over to the dots round bowls/plates now, though, because I needed a "change" and I like the look of them for my kitchen. I also prefer round. The bowls seem to work better for cereal, too. JMO - I still have the white square bowls/plates, although I'm selling off about 1/2 of them at a garage sale this spring to make room. Oh, and in the 3 years of heavy use, not ONE chip!

I have all SA for my everyday. On the subject of cereal bowls I agree. We all use either the cups because they are huge! But I did get a set of 6 bowls for cereal also. I mix and match, it works in my house :)

Hm... I might have to make this switch. I have Pfaltzgraff, and they chip TERRIBLY! And the worst part is, once they chip, I cannot put them in the dishwasher anymore, because the chips grow and then they eventually break! Maybe I will get some SA dishes...

good thing it's kit enhancement month, huh? :)

I use mine for everyday use and LOVE them! We even painted our kitchen the cranberry color! It looks beautiful!!

We use all the SA dishes for our regular dishes. Dots, plain, cranberry, etc...

i just started using the cranberry ones for everyday use. i have black square ones that are big. too big for my little portions. so the cranberry ones have been great. my black ones are perfect for whenever i have company over.

thecougchef said:
i just started using the cranberry ones for everyday use. i have black square ones that are big. too big for my little portions. so the cranberry ones have been great. my black ones are perfect for whenever i have company over.
Sounds like the black ones would make nice chargers under the cranberry ones. I picture a very pretty table!

BethCooks4U said:
Sounds like the black ones would make nice chargers under the cranberry ones. I picture a very pretty table!

ooooooooo yeah! that would be pretty! i have a black vase & could put some deep red roses in the vase as a centerpiece.

hmmmmm. now i need to have some company over....

thecougchef said:
ooooooooo yeah! that would be pretty! i have a black vase & could put some deep red roses in the vase as a centerpiece.

hmmmmm. now i need to have some company over....
Or treat yourself like company!:cool:

I use mine as everyday dishes too! The small bowls aren't too small for cereal, in my opinion. But that's a choice left up to you. I also have some tupperware cereal bowls that my hubby eats from, but my kids and I eat cereal from the small bowls. I love the SA white and white with cranberry accent. I'd like to move most of my stuff to white with cranberry, I hope they make more.
I could never go back to regualr plates now!:love: :sing:

I was hesitant at first to buy any because I too thought they were $$$ however I couldn't resist any longer!! I purchased a set of 8 mix and match white/cranb so I mix up my place settings. I just ordered the dots set too! I love, love, love them!! I don't use them every day, but often enough. When I serve a dinner on my med sq, I feel like I'm doing something extra special for my family - it's a fine restaurant look. I can't wait to get the dots and mix in with my squares!! Go for it!! Get them - you won't regret it!

I use mine as everyday dishes too.

I use the small bowls for cereal and DH uses the larger dots bowl for HIS cereal. LOL!

I have been using the SA for about 3 years as my everyday dishes. Bought some cranberry stripe when they came out and switch back and forth between them as the mood hits me :) Fell in love with the SA stripes and went crazy when they were discontinued...bought up a bunch.

I don't like the small bowls for cereal and since my family can go through 6-8 bowls a day for cereal, ice cream, etc so bought some cheap plastic bowls for them and save the SA small bowls for company.

Hated the dots when they first came out and now LOVE the new dots dinnerware set :) Still hate the tiles :yuck:

Have never had one chip and we use them every single day.

As far as the expense....I don't dwell on that when talking about them at a show. Same as any other tool we have that might be out of someone's price range. I talk about how versatile they are, how much I use them, how much I love them. I always mention at some point during my show that if they see something that blows their budget the best way to get it is FREE when they have their own show. :)

I too use SA as my everyday dishes. I LOVE the new dots cups, salads plates and small round bowls!! At first I wasn't excited about the dots but love the size and shape of these. I would still love from them to come out in plain white though. I have the large dots bowl and pasta bowls that I use when we have pasta. I also have all the plain white square SA and stripes:eek: I have 4 square tile bowls and plates but don't use them as much. I have never had a problem with chipping and they always look like they are new.

I also have the appy plaes and caddy that sit on my island and use them through out the day.

I use the dots bowls daily and they are GREAT.

The squares are too heavy and too big for my preference. I would just eat to much if I used them. I use them on occassion and have had several noticable scratches. No chips but unless they have food on them, they look bad. (One is permanent from some sort of knife usage and the other I haven't tried to clean. But really I don't have time to pamper my dishes.)

beepampered said:

The squares are too heavy and too big for my preference. I would just eat to much if I used them. I use them on occassion and have had several noticable scratches. No chips but unless they have food on them, they look bad. (One is permanent from some sort of knife usage and the other I haven't tried to clean. But really I don't have time to pamper my dishes.)

Try using soft scrub on them, it should take the marks off.

Barkeeper's Friend is also great for taking off the grey use lines on dishes. Those lines can appear on any type of plate, and are actually metal from utensils. The Stainless Cleaner will take them off, too.

I love the SA white, however would love the place setting of the rounds in white. I even so much as sent a suggestion to HO to make place settings in simple white which I think really presents food nicely. I do however hand wash them because my dishwasher has been known to leave rust marks :>(
Cathy

I use the large squares for dinner, the small for lunch, the dots bowl for pasta, the small square for cereal and ice cream, and now we have the dots cups. They are heavy! As far as expense goes, I priced them against Macy's and they were comparable. I have had some chips, but there were extenuating circumstances. DS had one on the floor and tossed the other one down onto it. They ONLY chipped. You really have to beat up on them. Something that I mention at my shows to show durability is that they don't shatter and I use that example. I also had one fall from the cabinet and it broke only in half. If you have small children, pets, or ever have your shoes off, this is very important.
Jessica

The small and medium bowls are my favorites and I bought a bunch so that they are regularly used in my house.

I need to get 1 more set of the dots andd when I do they will be used as my regular dishes

beepampered said:

Use our new stainless cleaner - it works GREAT on SA! No more marks!:sing:

I use the small square bowls and the appetizer plates quite often. I am planning to eventually start using the square plates for every day because my Pier 1, red glass plates keep breaking, one by one. :( But, I don't like how the square plates fit - or should I say "don't fit"? - into my dishwasher.

Holy cow! I have used SA for the last 4 years at least, not just for every day dishes, but also for catering gigs (large square platter is the bomb for wedding cakes!) It holds so much better than the cheapy wilton plastic dealies. I've been blessed with two very busy and distructive boys. Not a ding. Not a chip. I've thrown away countless other cheaper plates because they just couldn't take the "heat". My DH uses the medium bowl for his late night obsession with fruity and cocoa pebbles. It's much too much cereal for the rest of humanity I am sure! I am happy with the medium rectangles for serving platters on most dinners and the small squares for plates. It does help with portion control! Plus I feel like I'm at a cushy bistro an it makes the food seem more special. Soup in the Small bowls looks so elegent! Love it!! Cried when they stopped the stripes. But, just painted my kitchen a nice green wall to tie everything together. Had an utter obsession with polk-a-dots before the dots came out and nearly passed out when I saw them for the first time. Choirs of angels... It's all good chickie baby! I'm soooo very happy with the SA line!!

1. Does anyone else use them this way?

Yes, many Pampered Chef customers use the SA (non-dots) dishes for their everyday dishes. They love the clean and simple look, and find that they are durable enough for daily use.

2. What do you use for cereal bowls?

We recommend using the small or medium bowls from the SA (non-dots) collection for cereal. The small bowls may be too small, but the medium bowls should be just the right size for a serving of cereal.

3. The small bowls are too small, but the medium bowls are way too big!

If the small and medium bowls are not the right size for your cereal, you may want to consider using the SA (non-dots) plates instead. The larger surface area can hold a larger amount of cereal without spilling over the edges.

4. We're toying with the idea right now, but I wanted to get some opinions first.

We understand that investing in new dishes can be a big decision. We suggest reaching out to other Pampered Chef customers for their personal experiences and opinions on using the SA (non-dots) dishes for everyday use.

5. Thanks!

You're welcome! We're happy to help with any further questions or concerns you may have about using the SA (non-dots) dishes for your everyday needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Teresa Lynn