• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Recently Done a Bunko Show?

it was a lot of fun! Bunko is a dice game where players buy cards with items on them, such as a spatula, cake decorator, or other small kitchen item. The object of the game is to be the first player to score 100 points. There are many variations of the game, such as auction, where players bid on cards. The game usually lasts around 2 hours. I played bunko for years with a group until I moved. There were 8 of us and we played once a month. During our December game, we would put all the months of the year in a hat and everyone would draw and that would be the month we had it at our house. Whoever wanted to host it two
heat123
Silver Member
I have one friday night. I am premaking the recipes so they can eat as they arrive since they have to play right afterwards.I thought about doing the amazing potato demo. Has anyone done one of these lately? If so how did it go and what did you do at yours?

Bunko ThreadThere are 3 threads already posted regarding Bunko shows. There are tons of great ideas on them. Do a search for Bunko and check them out.

I say those previous posts...Just wondering if any one has done one lately?

BuncoHeat123,

I just spoke with my daughter's Girl Scout Leader and she mentioned wanting to do a Bunco show...I don't even know what it is! But...Good luck to you, and if you could share the wealth (of knowledge) when your very successful show is finished, I would be forever greatful!

Good luck!

Thanks

Okay maybe a dumb.....question here but what exactly is Bunco? I am aware that it is a game of some sort, that is it usually woman who have get togethers with prizes etc but what it it?

definitionBunco is a mindless dice game. Urban legend says it was created in the 80s by a few housewives wanted a "poker" equivilant. It requires sets of four people - usually 12 total. Everyone brings a food to eat and then you put $5 (usually but it could be anything) in the pot and roll away. BEE

I have a friend who is part of a bunco group at her church. how do you think a show could be made out of this game? i've been thinking maybe making a cake decorated like a dice before hand....would it be an express show? or what? TIA

ooh, could they all place an order for a mini spatula or some other smallish item (you would have to have a list to hand for them to choose from so that there were no "duplicates") in with their order. THen have a game of bunco! The winner of the bunko game could get all of those little tools that each person bought!!!

would be a way to increase sales, because if they buy a stone then they would have to buy a little tool for the bunko game as well, thus increasing your average spend!!

smarteez2 said:
question here but what exactly is Bunco? I am aware that it is a game of some sort, that is it usually woman who have get togethers with prizes etc but what it it?
Once again, there are 2-3 other threads regarding Bunko. On one of them, it gives ideas and even the instructions of the game. I hoped this thread would kind of "die", but doesn't look like it will. Having many threads on the same topic makes it difficult to search for stuff. Okay, enough of my ranting. :)
If you do want more info on the Bunko though, check out the other thread by doing a search. There is a wealth of info on it.
Happy selling!

rwesterpchef said:
Once again, there are 2-3 other threads regarding Bunko. On one of them, it gives ideas and even the instructions of the game. I hoped this thread would kind of "die", but doesn't look like it will. Having many threads on the same topic makes it difficult to search for stuff. Okay, enough of my ranting. :)
If you do want more info on the Bunko though, check out the other thread by doing a search. There is a wealth of info on it.
Happy selling!

ok this is just my opinion but it seems to me that no matter what subject gets started you are going to be able to do a search and get the same exact subject there too. some people might have had different experiences or better experiences and i personallyd ont see what the problem of talking about it is going to hurt. i couldve sworn that this is what this whole forum was about? all we are looking for is someone who didnt post before to talk about there experiences. no big deal right?

smarteez2 said:
question here but what exactly is Bunco? I am aware that it is a game of some sort, that is it usually woman who have get togethers with prizes etc but what it it?

I played bunko for years with a group until I moved. There were 8 of us and we played once a month. During our December game, we would put all the months of the year in a hat and everyone would draw and that would be the month we had it at our house. Whoever wanted to host it two months could draw twice. Everyone pitched in $5 and gave it to the host for the next month. She would then take the money and buy the prizes. First prize was worth $20, second $10, third $7, pin $3 and boobie $3. The hostess paid for the boobie prize out of her pocket as well as the snacks. It's kind of hard to explain the exact rules, plus I'm sure everyone may play a little different, but we always had a ton of fun. Wish I could get another one started where I live now.

Thank you for that! I wasn't quite sure what to say!

Thank you....to all who answered my question. As people have stated numerous times (throughout this board) there are many searches we can do, but it is nice to know that people will still take the time to help others, sometimes it's all about instant gratification!! LOL Thanks again all :)

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I have made a flyer invite for anyone who would like to use it. I kept it generic so that I could make tweeks to it as needed.

Attachments

• Bunco Invite.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 485
hey momof4 - Can you please email that flyer to me in a different format, maybe word. Thanks!

[email protected]

1. What is a Bunko show?

A Bunko show is a fun and social gathering where friends get together to play the popular dice game, Bunko. It can also include a presentation from a Pampered Chef consultant showcasing our products and offering special deals and discounts.

2. How long does a Bunko show typically last?

A Bunko show usually lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and the pace of the game. The actual game can take about an hour, and the rest of the time is spent socializing and shopping our products.

3. Do I need to know how to play Bunko to attend a Bunko show?

No, you do not need to know how to play Bunko to attend a Bunko show. Our consultants will provide all the necessary instructions and materials for you to learn and enjoy the game.

4. What are the benefits of hosting a Bunko show?

Hosting a Bunko show is a great way to have a fun night with friends while earning free and discounted Pampered Chef products. You will also have the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking tips from our consultant.

5. Can I customize the menu for my Bunko show?

Yes, our consultants are happy to work with you to create a customized menu for your Bunko show based on your preferences and dietary restrictions. We want to make sure everyone can enjoy the food and have a great time!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
A Pampered Kitchen
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • swtnsssychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
salthechef