1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Anyone recently done a bunko show?

1. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I have one friday night. I am premaking the recipes so they can eat as they arrive since they have to play right afterwards.I thought about doing the amazing potato demo. Has anyone done one of these lately? If so how did it go and what did you do at yours?

Jan 18, 2006
  2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Bunko Thread

There are 3 threads already posted regarding Bunko shows. There are tons of great ideas on them. Do a search for Bunko and check them out.

Jan 18, 2006
  3. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I say those previous posts...

Just wondering if any one has done one lately?

Jan 18, 2006
  4. kitchencop

kitchencop Member Silver Member

Bunco

Heat123,

I just spoke with my daughter's Girl Scout Leader and she mentioned wanting to do a Bunco show...I don't even know what it is! But...Good luck to you, and if you could share the wealth (of knowledge) when your very successful show is finished, I would be forever greatful!

Good luck!

Thanks

Jan 19, 2006
  5. smarteez2

smarteez2 Advanced Member Gold Member

Okay maybe a dumb.....

question here but what exactly is Bunco? I am aware that it is a game of some sort, that is it usually woman who have get togethers with prizes etc but what it it?

Jan 19, 2006
  6. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

definition

Bunco is a mindless dice game. Urban legend says it was created in the 80s by a few housewives wanted a "poker" equivilant. It requires sets of four people - usually 12 total. Everyone brings a food to eat and then you put $5 (usually but it could be anything) in the pot and roll away. BEE

Jan 19, 2006
  7. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

I have a friend who is part of a bunco group at her church. how do you think a show could be made out of this game? i've been thinking maybe making a cake decorated like a dice before hand....would it be an express show? or what? TIA

8. Muppetgal

Muppetgal Member Silver Member

ooh, could they all place an order for a mini spatula or some other smallish item (you would have to have a list to hand for them to choose from so that there were no "duplicates") in with their order. THen have a game of bunco! The winner of the bunko game could get all of those little tools that each person bought!!!

would be a way to increase sales, because if they buy a stone then they would have to buy a little tool for the bunko game as well, thus increasing your average spend!!

Jan 19, 2006
  9. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Once again, there are 2-3 other threads regarding Bunko. On one of them, it gives ideas and even the instructions of the game. I hoped this thread would kind of "die", but doesn't look like it will. Having many threads on the same topic makes it difficult to search for stuff. Okay, enough of my ranting. :)
    If you do want more info on the Bunko though, check out the other thread by doing a search. There is a wealth of info on it.
    Happy selling!

Jan 19, 2006
  10. monica_sweetconsultant

monica_sweetconsultant Advanced Member Silver Member

ok this is just my opinion but it seems to me that no matter what subject gets started you are going to be able to do a search and get the same exact subject there too. some people might have had different experiences or better experiences and i personallyd ont see what the problem of talking about it is going to hurt. i couldve sworn that this is what this whole forum was about? all we are looking for is someone who didnt post before to talk about there experiences. no big deal right?

11. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

I played bunko for years with a group until I moved. There were 8 of us and we played once a month. During our December game, we would put all the months of the year in a hat and everyone would draw and that would be the month we had it at our house. Whoever wanted to host it two months could draw twice. Everyone pitched in $5 and gave it to the host for the next month. She would then take the money and buy the prizes. First prize was worth $20, second $10, third $7, pin $3 and boobie $3. The hostess paid for the boobie prize out of her pocket as well as the snacks. It's kind of hard to explain the exact rules, plus I'm sure everyone may play a little different, but we always had a ton of fun. Wish I could get another one started where I live now.

12. kitchencop

kitchencop Member Silver Member

Thank you for that! I wasn't quite sure what to say!

Jan 19, 2006
  13. smarteez2

smarteez2 Advanced Member Gold Member

Thank you....

to all who answered my question. As people have stated numerous times (throughout this board) there are many searches we can do, but it is nice to know that people will still take the time to help others, sometimes it's all about instant gratification!! LOL Thanks again all :)

Jan 19, 2006
  14. krzymomof4

krzymomof4 Veteran Member Silver Member

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I have made a flyer invite for anyone who would like to use it. I kept it generic so that I could make tweeks to it as needed.

Attached Files:

Jan 19, 2006
  15. lde1403

lde1403 Member

Jan 20, 2006
Have something to add?