• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Anyone Have a Facebook Group for Your Team?

C
CoidgigBese
I have a small team. A couple of my consultants said they would like to be in a team FB group. Is this going to be more effective than e-mailing them? Will I get more responses/feedback/updates? Or is it just going to be one more thing that I have to keep up?

If you have a team FB group, what do you use it for? Does your team use it to communicate with each other and share ideas or is it just you talking down the line?

Becca

Yep, it is a group page per PC's rules, and they post on it all the time, tips, wahoos, etc. I post on it all the time too.

I'm planning to start one. I've been hesitant because it's just one more thing.

I started a private group a while back for my Japan team. It was originally a place where we could share booth opportunities, etc. Now it's also a place where they can brag about accomplishments, ask questions, ask to borrow a specific spice or tool for an upcoming show, etc. It's really helped the local consultants in Okinawa coordinate group trainings, booths, etc. Our NED started one too, so a lot of the questions get posted in both places by the team members now to see where they get the best answer. Of course the NED's page has more people, so more ideas! :D

I have one... so far so good! They communicate with each other on it too and it's nice. :)

Right now we have a private yahoo group that I have used since before most of my team was on facebook. I have thought about switching to facebook though.

We have one and the team is really using it. We do pretty much what the above posters have mentioned. I prefer it and wish the whole team would use FB. I do not send as many emails now and I like seeing the interactions of the team.

We have one (my upline) and its heavily used. Wahoo's, accomplishments, questions, ideas, best practices, dilemma's etc. The only rule is NO negativity. The posts get deleted and the consultant gets a warning. If it happens again, removed from the group page.

I met with one of my new consultants this afternoon. I added her to our FB Team page on Friday after she signed. Mostly it's me posting things on the page... things like congrats if they've had a $1k show, earned the bag, etc. I'll put up a *wahoo* for anything because we KNOW everyone likes to see their names in lights.

Anyway, I posted a little welcome message and others on the team *liked* it and also said Welcome. She was so happy and commented on how nice everyone on the team is and she hasn't even met them in person!!!!!

It's a FREE and EASY way to give recognition!!!!! :party:

I set mine up last week and I'm LOVING it! They are talking to each other and sharing so much! Wish I started it earlier!

have one for my organization! LOVE it!! It is the only feedback I get from some of my directors teams...

For those of you who have a team page, is your group "Closed" or "Secret"? Any advantages to which way you go on this?

pamperedlinda said:
For those of you who have a team page, is your group "Closed" or "Secret"? Any advantages to which way you go on this?

Not sure the difference? I just created a group. I guess it's Closed because that's what it says under the team name. Here's the link but I'm not sure if you can see anything or not...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/111016592326859/

I have the same thing. It's a closed group page and the primary reason is that I believe that's what the company has asked us to do. Another reason is that the team feels comfortable knowing it's closed and feel more free to post questions and make comments. I just created a group page and listed it as private, then sent an invite to the team members.

From what I read in the help section of fb, I understand it to be this way:
Closed groups are searchable and you can ask to join
Secret groups are not searchable and you have to be invited to join

I have one and while it's slow, I really like it. I share quotes and pictures, recognition, etc....my team has slowly started posting questions, etc.It's a lot of fun!

Because it can be private, I think this is a great idea! I can see some of my peeps using it. I finally added a new team member yesterday and I am determined to train her the RIGHT way and to get her off on a great start.:woohoo:

Overall, mine is going well but I have a new team member who is on it 24/7! She really doesn't give others an opportunity to reply and I think they are getting turned off. I need to tone her down without turning her off. Any suggestions?

loreo said:
Overall, mine is going well but I have a new team member who is on it 24/7! She really doesn't give others an opportunity to reply and I think they are getting turned off. I need to tone her down without turning her off. Any suggestions?

How is she performing? And are there "other points of views" that you could go on and give others a total picture instead of just what she says. Something tells me she is not working her business but working FB.:grumpy:

Actually, she is doing well. Still in her 90 days and had the 2nd highest sales last month. She gets out and about bookings all of the time. I've figured out her prime hours so I post on her off times to give others a chance.

Colleen, when I click the link I can see the list of members, but not the wall. :DMy groups are closed. We now technically have 2 pages, the original page was for the Okinawa crowd but they were doing so much chatter that was of no interest to the ones who had already moved away or never lived there that it was becoming weird. So last month I started one for the whole downline & gave the ones not in Okinawa the okay to step out of the other page if they were not interested in reading all about the booths, training events, who's borrowing tools/spices/catalogs, etc. LOL The non-Okinawa crowd has been thanking me for starting a new board without all that clutter that they have to sort through. So I think the new page will work better for the whole group. There's only 47 of the team who's there right now, but all the recruiters are there so I'm hoping their recruits will be there soon too! :D

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Anyone Have a Facebook Group for Your Team? I have a small team. A couple of my consultants said they would like to be in a team FB group. Is this going to be more effective than e-mailing them? Will I get more responses/feedback/updates? Or is it just going to be one more thing that I have to keep up?

The five most frequently asked questions about having a Facebook group for a team are:

1. Is a team Facebook group more effective than emailing team members?
  2. Will I receive more responses, feedback, and updates from my team by using a Facebook group?
  3. Will having a team Facebook group add to my already busy workload?
  4. What are the benefits of having a team Facebook group?
  5. What are the potential drawbacks of having a team Facebook group?

If you have a team FB group, what do you use it for? Does your team use it to communicate with each other and share ideas or is it just you talking down the line?

The use of a team Facebook group varies depending on the team and their needs. Some common uses for a team Facebook group include:

• Communication and collaboration among team members
  • Sharing ideas, resources, and updates
  • Organizing and coordinating team events and meetings
  • Providing support and assistance to team members
  • Sharing team achievements and celebrating successes

The level of engagement and participation in the team Facebook group also varies. Some teams may have active discussions and idea-sharing, while others may primarily use it for updates and announcements from the team leader.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Pampered Chef Rachel
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcsmilez