• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Ever Done a Show for Men?

In summary, the conversation is about the idea of having a show specifically for men, where they can buy gifts for their significant others for holidays like Valentines, Mothers Day, or Christmas. Some consultants have had successful shows with mostly male attendees, and have found that men tend to love cooking and using kitchen tools. The key is to showcase the more technical aspects of the products and let the men try them out. Some suggested recipes for these shows include Touchdown Taco Dip, BBQ Pork in the Deep Covered Baker, and Lava Cake in the Rockcrok. There is also discussion about doing a men's show for Mother's Day, where they can learn to make a special dish for their wives.
pamperedchef88
Gold Member
Has anyone ever done a show for husbands, sons, boyfriends, or men in general that are looking to buy gifts for holidays like Valentines, Mothers Day, or Christmas. I have heard about the idea before from another direct sales consultant but I'm not sure about the logistics. I believe the general idea is getting a wish list from a group of women and then doing a show for men where they can order these gifts for their significant others. I just wonder does this really work? Will guys show up? Or do you do this as a catalog show? all input is appreciated.

Yes I have had shows with men ( they loce PC more than the ladies )
Not only men it was mixed but most of thre time they are the ones that love to cook. A girl in my clucter just said on Monday she had a 1700.00 show with ONLY MEN there she was the only woman . She had a blast .
A Valentines or Gift show is great

I thought I saw a flyer here about a men's show but now I can't find it.

Most of my shows are for men. Over the past 3 months I'd say that it was 95% men over 20 or so shows.

What do you normally demo RMDave at your shows? I have one coming up this month...of course after Superbowl?

I would like to know also RMDave how you do your show's. I am scheduling one for March during March Madness.

Did several Men Only Shows for a male host...they were a ton of fun - I did them as interactive shows, and let all the guys use the knives, UM, chopper, meat tenderizer, etc...they were a ton of fun! I'd still be doing them, except that my host decided to join my team...so now he does his own All Men Parties!

About the only thing I did differently was stress the more technical stuff about the products. The key thing was letting the guys use the products and see how well they work. Men love good tools!

Thanks for the information. What recipe's did you do? I am thinking of the Touchdown Taco Dip and doing BBQ Pork in the DCB.

Shell Northway said:
Thanks for the information. What recipe's did you do? I am thinking of the Touchdown Taco Dip and doing BBQ Pork in the DCB.

One time I did classic mini cheeseburgers - and the pineapple salsa w/ chips, and the pina colada upside down cake.

I've also done Touchdown Taco Dip, and Peanut Butter Dump Cake....and I'm trying to remember what else....

The biggest thing to remember is that these are MEN. They aren't going to be happy if there is just a "taste" of a recipe. They want to EAT! Everything I've ever made for a party of men has been eaten til it's gone. There are no leftovers.

My husband hosts a MEN ONLY Cooking Show twice a year. He actually demonstrates the recipe so the guys can see how easy it is to make a PC recipe.

The last time we did two Pork Tenderloins in the DCB and a lava cake in the RCP.

Guys like quick, delicious and easy (few steps and ingredients).

He always has a show average of around $600.

Never thought of the lava cake. Love that idea. Thanks

ChefBeckyD said:
One time I did classic mini cheeseburgers - and the pineapple salsa w/ chips, and the pina colada upside down cake.

I've also done Touchdown Taco Dip, and Peanut Butter Dump Cake....and I'm trying to remember what else....

The biggest thing to remember is that these are MEN. They aren't going to be happy if there is just a "taste" of a recipe. They want to EAT! Everything I've ever made for a party of men has been eaten til it's gone. There are no leftovers.

Becky can you share the invite you used?

Well its good to know that men's parties can be succesful but has anyone done the gift giving idea?

This is one thing I was thinking about for Mother's Day. I would invite all my friend's husbands and teach them how to make a special dish for their wives for Mother's Day. I think guys "get" tools and would be inclined to purchase the tools to be able to make the meal for their wives. I'd just have to time it a couple of weeks ahead so they would have plenty of time to get their goodies. It's hard to get guys to plan ahead.

Adrian said:
This is one thing I was thinking about for Mother's Day. I would invite all my friend's husbands and teach them how to make a special dish for their wives for Mother's Day. I think guys "get" tools and would be inclined to purchase the tools to be able to make the meal for their wives. I'd just have to time it a couple of weeks ahead so they would have plenty of time to get their goodies. It's hard to get guys to plan ahead.

That is a great idea I will defenitly be borrowing it do you have any idea what kind of invite wording you would use.

Adrian said:

That is a great idea I will defenitly be borrowing it do you have any idea what kind of invite wording you would use.

I'm doing an ALL GUYS show this Saturday coming up. I'm going to bring all my BBQ stuff, and shine up my knives. I think I may have "stations" one for the knives, one for the bbq items, and one for the chopper. Then I plan on getting a whole chicken and putting it in my DCB and put it in the microwave for 30 mins while all the stations are going on.
Any more ideas would be helpful!

pamperedchef88 said:

No, I haven't really thought that far ahead. I'm still trying to get through my first 30 days!

But I think I would send the invites directly to the husbands as I know most of my friend's husbands pretty well. I definitely want to use the post card because likely the wife is going to see it and might put a little pressure on him to show up, because he'll look bad if he isn't willing to come and learn how to cook that Mother's Day dinner.

Thanks!

Adrian

Last Friday night I had a show with "couples" there...I knew with the men there I had to do something a little different! :)

I did the "Amazing Race" show! It was awesome! I got lot's of great information on this site under files then Search: "Amazing Race"
For a show with just "Men" ...this type of show would be great!

I split them into Teams and did x2 types of recipes. I had "Team Three-Cheese Garden Pizza" and "Team Strawberry Amaretto Pastries." Two recipes that are "New Consultant Recipes" so I knew I would have all the products on hand plus they are easy and yummy! Also..they required the same cooking temp which was important when they are racing to use the oven.
I had x20 cards for EACH recipe and just put Step 1, etc on each envelope..they were NOT allowed to open the next envelope until they completed the task in the envelope they just opened. I had "Roadblocks" and "Detours" along the way.

EVERYONE loved it and it was ton's of interaction and the MEN really got into using the products!

BTW: "Team Strawberry Amaretto Pastries" WON the Amazing Race! :thumbup:

1. Can men attend a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, men are absolutely welcome to attend a Pampered Chef party. Our products are not gender-specific and can be enjoyed by anyone.

2. Are there products specifically for men at Pampered Chef?

While our products are not gender-specific, we do have a variety of products that may appeal more to men, such as grilling tools and kitchen gadgets with a more masculine design.

3. Can men host a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, men can definitely host a Pampered Chef party. In fact, we encourage everyone to host a party and share their love for our products with their friends and family.

4. Will a Pampered Chef party for men be different than a party for women?

No, the format and purpose of a Pampered Chef party remains the same regardless of the gender of the attendees. It is a fun and interactive way to learn about and try our products.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for men at Pampered Chef parties?

We have various promotions and discounts available at different times, but they are not specific to any gender. Everyone is eligible to take advantage of these offers at our parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MsJonesClt
  • chefsarab
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies