• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Trying to Conceive?

In summary, Kristen and her husband are not trying for a baby, but are hoping for one. Her son is 5 months old and she plans to have another child in the future.
Well I went to the Dr. a few weeks ago. All my blood work came back good, no clotting disorders, my counts were good. He thinks that my body is not producing enough progesterone because I have lost all 4 @ or before 9 weeks. So next time as soon as I find out we are prego I need to call him so he can give me a supplement for the progesterone.We talked about doing the other tests, but decided against it for now. He doesn't think my insurance will cover it, because of how healthy I am. So if this happens again (I hope it doesn't) I told my dr. that we will do a D&C and test the baby.So he told me we could start trying again after 3 cycles, I said no. He said to wait at least once cycle before trying again. So I have started taking some better prenatels, B6, & tracking my temp.So of course I have been slacking on the PC side. I am back this month. Now I need to recruit, recruit, recruit. Thank you for all your kind words & prayers it means the world to me. I can't wait to share the news w/ you guys when we get pregnant again (which is going to stick).Love you guys!!!

Glad everything came back healthy! Keep hanging in there; when the time is right, it'll happen for you guys.

I am sending good thoughts youR way!

Just to give a little update if anyone cares to know...:)
Last month I was 3 weeks late starting my period and then it came on 2 weeks heavy. I went to the doctor last week and they are pretty confident that I had fertilization (which had never happened before) but the fertilized egg was unable to implant itself on the wall of my uterus. So, I had to go have 6 vials of blood taken for all sorts of tests and they will be putting my on a new kind of medicine that is suppose to help the lining of my uterus to thicken and become sap like. I am sad to hear that it didn't take but super excited that we have been able to come this far. It is still another huge step forward so that is good to hear. One of these months I will be on here exclaiming my good news.....I just know it!

Kattyschack said:
Last month I was 3 weeks late starting my period and then it came on 2 weeks heavy. I went to the doctor last week and they are pretty confident that I had fertilization (which had never happened before) but the fertilized egg was unable to implant itself on the wall of my uterus. So, I had to go have 6 vials of blood taken for all sorts of tests and they will be putting my on a new kind of medicine that is suppose to help the lining of my uterus to thicken and become sap like. I am sad to hear that it didn't take but super excited that we have been able to come this far. It is still another huge step forward so that is good to hear. One of these months I will be on here exclaiming my good news.....I just know it!

I am so sorry for your loss, I am glad that you are a step closer. I know that we will both come here to shout our news. I started taking 100mg extra of vit. B6 to help w/ conception and to help make my uterus lining stronger.

Take care of yourself, and keep us updated.

I didn't know that about B6!!

I (and Mary) am living proof that miracles happen! I am sending good thoughts your way!

AJPratt said:
I (and Mary) am living proof that miracles happen! I am sending good thoughts your way!

That's right!! Anne How are you guys doing? I am so happy that you have your little miracle. It was that coffee.

Rennea~ I have learned so much from talking w/ these ladies who have gone through multiple miscarriages. Knowledge is power! I don't know if I told you i started temping and you body tells you so much just by body temp.

Does anyone know the stats on effectiveness for vasectomy reversal?

Thanks, Amanda! We are doing well. We had our visit to duPont and the Pediatric Hemotologist thinks the anemia was a one-time thing. We will be following up a few times just to be sure.

stefani2 said:
I think its iffy... I know one has better reversal results than the other.

Male reversal has higher percentage than female reversal - is that right?

I think there are a number of factors involved.

stefani2 said:

Well, for my DH and me, I'll but it this way...we've been having unprotected nookie for over 12 years and still not one pregnancy...

:(

Today for some reason is a really hard day for me. It seems I can go months without being sad that I am still not a mother...and other times it seems I often get a case of the gloomies and just want to cry about it. Today is one of those days. That makes this the second or third time in about 6 months that I've gotten sad about this. My longing and desire for a child is so deep... so very deep...

I hope that if a reversal is in your DH's future that it is much more successful than my husbands!

Sorry to hear your having a bad day Kacey :(

Kacey, I really know exactly how you feel... It is SO hard to go through what you are going through.

{{{HUGS}}} Kacey!

I wish there was something I could do to make it better for you, hon!

rennea said:
Sorry to hear your having a bad day Kacey :(

Thanks, Rennea... that means a lot!! Especially since I know you just went through one of the worst days if not thee worst day of your life recently... love ya!!

AJPratt said:
Kacey, I really know exactly how you feel... It is SO hard to go through what you are going through.

Thanks much! How is your little one?

Kattyschack said:

Well, I knew it! I am pregnant!!! We have out first ultrasound today and we couldn't be more excited. Thank you everyone for all of your love and support. It truly has meant a lot to me.

Congratulations!!! How far along are you? That is so exciting and wonderful. We will add you to our list of mammas to be we are praying for!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Debbie :D

Congratulations.

Congrats! That's great news to share for Thanksgiving! And something to be especially thankful for! :D Wow!! Congratulations!

Kattyschack said:
Well, I knew it! I am pregnant!!! We have out first ultrasound today and we couldn't be more excited. Thank you everyone for all of your love and support. It truly has meant a lot to me.

Congrats!!! What a great Holiday present!! Hope you feel great through the Holidays.:D:D:D

My sis had her baby this weekend (very hard for me), I even tried to take her home. Too bad they wouldn't let me. Then poor ds tried to take her home, he kept saying his baby sister, he didn't understand that he is the cousin.

pamperedalf said:
My sis had her baby this weekend (very hard for me), I even tried to take her home. Too bad they wouldn't let me. Then poor ds tried to take her home, he kept saying his baby sister, he didn't understand that he is the cousin.

I'm so sorry! I know that was so hard for you. It's so hard for little ones to understand. You're in my prayers!

nikked said:
Congratulations!!! How far along are you? That is so exciting and wonderful. We will add you to our list of mammas to be we are praying for!!!!!!!

I am 6 1/2 weeks. We had our first ultrasound yesterday and they discovered that it is twins. They could see the heartbeat on one, but not the other. The doctor was actually surprised they even saw it at all so isn't concerned yet about the other one. I go again next Thursday, so I am anxious about it.

Kattyschack said:
I am 6 1/2 weeks. We had our first ultrasound yesterday and they discovered that it is twins. They could see the heartbeat on one, but not the other. The doctor was actually surprised they even saw it at all so isn't concerned yet about the other one. I go again next Thursday, so I am anxious about it.

What a wonderful Thanksgiving present!!! Keep us posted!!

We have been going to the doctor about every 3-4 days since I am such a high risk. We discovered the week before Christmas that one of the twins hearts had stopped beating. What was wonderful was their first reaction was "God saw something wrong with the baby and took it before they could harm the other baby". That really helped us get through it. It is called Disappearing Twins and is actually quite common. I have been learning about so many people in my life who were either part of a disappearing twin themself or had disappearing twins. I began to bleed last night and my doctor had me come in today. The other baby is just fine and we heard the heartbeat. I am just so nervous until I can start to feel the baby moving around. The thing that makes it worse is the new movie that is coming out about the girl who can see her dead twin. That freaks me out and I start to cry. DH has to change the channel every time it comes on.

I am sorry to hear about your twin but I am happy to hear that the other one is still doing well. Good luck with thte rest of your pregnancy. Take care of yourself and the baby

I am so sorry about the baby, I have a friend that lost a twin and delivered a health baby girl. Just take care of yourself and the baby, you are in my prayers.

Kattyschack said:
We have been going to the doctor about every 3-4 days since I am such a high risk. We discovered the week before Christmas that one of the twins hearts had stopped beating. What was wonderful was their first reaction was "God saw something wrong with the baby and took it before they could harm the other baby". That really helped us get through it. It is called Disappearing Twins and is actually quite common. I have been learning about so many people in my life who were either part of a disappearing twin themself or had disappearing twins. I began to bleed last night and my doctor had me come in today. The other baby is just fine and we heard the heartbeat. I am just so nervous until I can start to feel the baby moving around. The thing that makes it worse is the new movie that is coming out about the girl who can see her dead twin. That freaks me out and I start to cry. DH has to change the channel every time it comes on.

I am so sorry to hear about your twin. Losses are hard, please know that we are here for you. My cousin is going through this right now. You have been in my thoughts & prayers every night. Thanks for keeping us updated. Sending big big hugs for you & your little bean.

I forget how far along are you, when's your due date???

I am due July 24th. They said that because I am high risk, I will most likely be going in on the 8th or 9th.

Muppetgal said:
I would love twins too, and my dad is a twin (fraternal). Cookinthehouse, if it's supposed to skip a generation then wouldn't it be YOUR kids who have the chance of having them?

Identical twins aren't genetic either, they are just a fluke of nature. It's fraternal twins that can run in families, because a female may release two eggs at the same time. So, unfortunately it means that it would have to be twins on YOUR side for it to affect your chances, not your husband.

Apparently your chances of twins also increases after age 30, something to do with extra hormones which cause two eggs to be released.

Well the genetic thing probably wouldn't work in my favor either. I really shouldn't have opened this thread, because I knew it would tempt me. I've been thinking I'm ready for #1 but DH may not be and there are other things to consider. I've always wanted twins I don't know why, maybe so I can have 2 and be done with one pregnancy!:). I'll be 30 in feb so maybe it's good i've waited ;). As far as genetics with twins I have no idea how it works. My paternal grandmother was a fraternal twin and my husband has twin nephews on his side so who knows. I'd ideally like a boy/girl twin when the time comes for it to happen.

Kattyschack said:

That's wonderful! I'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins myself (and we are high risk because they are identical with one placenta between them)

How far along are you now?

Kattyschack said:

My deepest sympathy's on your loss. They believe vanishing twin is actually fairly common, but that most people don't have sonograms early enough to ever know.

A friend just delivered her baby just before Christmas and they delivered two fully formed and developed placentas, but only one baby (who was healthy). They can't explain it, but think it might have been a disappearing twin.

My best friend is 34 weeks pregnant with a boy and he had a disappearing twin also.

I haven't seen that movie preview and I quite honestly have no desire to.

I have learned that pregnancy with twins is REALLY hard. Much, much more difficult that my daughter's pregnancy.

Good luck on a healthy and happy delivery of your baby! And I do believe that these things happen for a reason, even if we can't understand it.

kcmckay said:
Muppetgal said:
I would love twins too, and my dad is a twin (fraternal). Cookinthehouse, if it's supposed to skip a generation then wouldn't it be YOUR kids who have the chance of having them?

Identical twins aren't genetic either, they are just a fluke of nature. It's fraternal twins that can run in families, because a female may release two eggs at the same time. So, unfortunately it means that it would have to be twins on YOUR side for it to affect your chances, not your husband.

Apparently your chances of twins also increases after age 30, something to do with extra hormones which cause two eggs to be released.

Well the genetic thing probably wouldn't work in my favor either. I really shouldn't have opened this thread, because I knew it would tempt me. I've been thinking I'm ready for #1 but DH may not be and there are other things to consider. I've always wanted twins I don't know why, maybe so I can have 2 and be done with one pregnancy!:). I'll be 30 in feb so maybe it's good i've waited ;). As far as genetics with twins I have no idea how it works. My paternal grandmother was a fraternal twin and my husband has twin nephews on his side so who knows. I'd ideally like a boy/girl twin when the time comes for it to happen.

They *say* that identical twins is just a genetic fluke -- but they don't really *know* -- there is a theory out there that there is something in either the egg or sperm that suggests that the egg divide again and voila! Identical twins.

They also say that twins can only run through the moms family (because only the mom's body can tell her to shoot out two eggs), however, one of the nurses at my perinatologist's office had the 11th generation of twins in her HUSBAND's family -- all through the male line. (Each woman who bore twins married into the family). That can't be coincidence and does suggest that the male sperm can dictate to the egg when to split (almost all of the twins are identical -- although way back when they couldn't be sure of identicality without blood tests, but they were all same gender pairs.)

Both my husband and I have twins in our families (in both of our cases our grandfather's had siblings that were twins)... I was surprised that out twins are identical, but they definitely are (very thin membrane between them and they share a single placenta).

My perinatologist also said that twins (not conceived through IVF or fertility treatments) are most common among women 35-40 that have already had one singleton pregnancy. Obviously younger and older women have twins and can have them on the first or later pregnancies, but that is the most common range for natural twins.

ivykeep said:
kcmckay said:
They also say that twins can only run through the moms family (because only the mom's body can tell her to shoot out two eggs), however, one of the nurses at my perinatologist's office had the 11th generation of twins in her HUSBAND's family -- all through the male line. (Each woman who bore twins married into the family). That can't be coincidence and does suggest that the male sperm can dictate to the egg when to split (almost all of the twins are identical -- although way back when they couldn't be sure of identicality without blood tests, but they were all same gender pairs.)

My brother has identical twins. To our knowledge and his wife's knowledge, there are not twin in either of their families.

jrstephens said:
My brother has identical twins. To our knowledge and his wife's knowledge, there are not twin in either of their families.

Oh, I definitely think identical twins CAN be just a "fluke" (an extra split of the egg at the right time)... but I think that the proclamations that some geneticists make that there is absolutely NO genetic component to it don't have all the facts (quite honestly anytime anyone says anything in absolutes makes me skeptical -- since our scientific knowledge changes all the time).

Identical twins are rare... much rarer than fraternal twins (the most common twin set is a boy/girl fraternal, then girl/girl fraternal then boy/boy fraternal... then girl/girl identical and the most rare is boy/boy identical). Less than 1/3 of ALL twin pregnancies are identical (I've also seen statistics that show a much lower rate, but couldn't put my fingers on one of those right now)

It is also very possible that twins *could* run in one of the families, but if one of the twins disappeared early in the pregnancy it would never been known. Since they started doing early sonograms (earlier than 9 weeks) they have discovered a startling amount of twin pregnancies that "resolve" into a singleton pregnancy. I'm not suggesting that they DO run in your brother or his wife's family, just that they could and it might never be known :rolleyes:

I had a manager where I worked when I was 16 and he had no known twins in his family and he had 1 set of twin boys a singleton, then a set of boy/girl twins.

My husband and I got the bad news that we lost our baby at 8 weeks last week. This has been a very hard time for us and we are still trying to learn how to cope with this loss. I have been trying to focus my energy on PC and hope to build my new business a bit.
We want to try again soon, but I want us to give this loss time to settle before we get pregnant again. I am so scared that once we do conceive again that we will be scared to death of this happening to us again. Anyone out there that can shed some light for us?

We are not trying to conceive but not taking precautions either. However my husband is going out to sea for 6 months, so Im thinking that could make it tough LoL! We have 3 kids already and hubby wants to wait until I am finished with school and am career bound before we try for another one. He is not that excited to have another one though, I would be happy if I did happen to get pregnant. It took us 13 months to conceive my first, I am sending baby dust to everyone TTC. Have you tried the Clear Plan Easy Fertility Monitor? We used it the 13th month with my son and it worked. My SIL used it the first month and got pregnant with it as well. We have loaned it to friends and they took no longer than 3 months with it, I am keeping it around now just incase we do decide to try for another one. If you decide to get one buy it from ebay, they are very reasonable now (about 100) I paid over 200 for mine back in 2000. Best wishes and lots of baby dust!!!

LeanneB. said:
My husband and I got the bad news that we lost our baby at 8 weeks last week. This has been a very hard time for us and we are still trying to learn how to cope with this loss. I have been trying to focus my energy on PC and hope to build my new business a bit.
We want to try again soon, but I want us to give this loss time to settle before we get pregnant again. I am so scared that once we do conceive again that we will be scared to death of this happening to us again. Anyone out there that can shed some light for us?

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear your news. It is just devestating, and more than anything it just takes a while to "get used to the idea" that the baby you thought would be having is not going to come. I can honestly say that time is a great healer, but right now you will just have to trust me on that one! Remember that your loss is real, and it is OK to cry, cry and cry some more.

As for the question of being scared, all I can say is that yes, it is very scary. I have miscarried twice (not in a row), and both times, during the subsequent pregnancies I was of course worried about it happening again. I think my best advice is to remember that the odds are in your favour. Also, the next time around, you just keep telling yourself, don't get too excited, it might not work out... As much as that might seem negative, it is a way to protect yourself. Even with my first pregnancy, I remember that DH and I kept reminding ourselves that there was no guarantee that we wouldn't miscarry. Of course by 11 weeks we were getting more excited, and thinking we were going to be OK, when we found out that it was not to be. I just remember thinking how much more devestating and shocking it would be if it had not occured to us that there was a chance of miscarriage. So in that sense, if there is a second miscarriage, you are more prepared for it (even though it is still VERY hard).

And just pray, pray, pray...

And, while this may not be a big comfort right now, I can honestly say that while I would *never* say I am glad that I miscarried, now that I have the 3 kids that I have now, I cannot imagine having any kids but them.

I hope this helps at least a little bit. Feel free to ask any more questions...

LeanneB. said:

I'm so sorry for your loss Leanne. I know how hard it is to suffer a miscarriage and the uncertainty you have with another pregnancy. Give yourself a chance to grieve before you begin trying to get pregnant again. Usually your doctor will do an ultrasound earlier when you become pregnant again (at least that's what my doctor did after I miscarried - I became pregnant about a year later and have a wonderful daughter who is now almost 8! - she joined my two older sons and really has made our family complete) Best of luck to you.

LeanneB. said:
Leanne I am so sorry for your loss. I know all too well how you're feeling. For me the thing that has been the best therapy is finding my online support group of ladies who have been through the same thing. All the emotions you are feeling are normal, you need to grieve.I am here if you have any questions, want to talk, a cyber hug. Sending you a big hug.

LeanneB. said:

Hi Leanne, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost a baby at 8 weeks around this same time last year.

Everyone grieves differently and is ready to move on at different points. There is a great organization out there called SHARE. Share - Pregnancy & Infant Loss Support Check them out.

I would talk to your doctor about when to start trying again. You should be medically cleared first. It's okay to take your time to grieve, too.

Thanks for the link, Deb. I was glad to see there is a local support group that I can contact. It is good to have resources available to help in the grieving process. I greatly appreciate everyone's support. This has helped me greatly to know that there are so many people that care and don't give me the "it's for the best" comment.

Leanne I could give you a list of comments that people have said to me over the last 6 months. I was so angry w/ these family & friends who were so hurtful, but I have come to realize that they have no clue what to say. If they haven't been through it themselves, they really don't understand. I know it's so hard, sending you all the hugs I can give. Deb reminded me I didn't put the site where I go for my support. It's She Knows Message boards. http://talk.sheknows.com/ I found this group of ladies by accident, didn't even know it was there 2 days after my loss in August which was at 9 weeks.
I did get to meet one of the girls on the board on Sunday on our way back from Denver, it was so nice to put a face w/ a name who I talk w/ daily.

LeanneB. said:
Thanks for the link, Deb. I was glad to see there is a local support group that I can contact. It is good to have resources available to help in the grieving process. I greatly appreciate everyone's support. This has helped me greatly to know that there are so many people that care and don't give me the "it's for the best" comment.

Is that a "nice" one, I also like "something must have been wrong". Hang in there and like my PM said if you need to chat you know were to find me.

Hi, Leanne...

I look back at when I started this thread and how long it took for us to have our daughter. And, I see how many have posted and hopefully, this has helped ease the pain of what different posters have endured. I know what you are going through and I just hope that sharing these thoughts can ease the pain a bit. 1) There is no right way to greive and 2) there is no prize for whoever gets over the loss the fastest.

pamperedalf said:
Leanne I could give you a list of comments that people have said to me over the last 6 months. I was so angry w/ these family & friends who were so hurtful, but I have come to realize that they have no clue what to say. If they haven't been through it themselves, they really don't understand. I know it's so hard, sending you all the hugs I can give.

Actually, one of the most hurtful comments came from a woman at my church who had a miscarriage herself. She said "you're young, you can try again." Um, I DON'T WANT TO TRY AGAIN--I WANTED THIS BABY!!!!

We kind of cocooned ourselves for about a week before we really talked to anyone about anything. You need to take care of yourself first so you can endure the stupid comments of others later.

DebbieJ said:
Actually, one of the most hurtful comments came from a woman at my church who had a miscarriage herself. She said "you're young, you can try again." Um, I DON'T WANT TO TRY AGAIN--I WANTED THIS BABY!!!!
We kind of cocooned ourselves for about a week before we really talked to anyone about anything. You need to take care of yourself first so you can endure the stupid comments of others later.

Oh yes, that is so absolutely true. I remember saying ALOT (probably mostly to myself and DH!).

I guess the thing to try and remember is that like Amanda (I think) said, people, for the most part, mean well. Cocooning yourself can be a good idea, and being very selective as to who you tell the news to.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rchamelin
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tropicalburstqt2