• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Trying to Conceive?

In summary, Kristen and her husband are not trying for a baby, but are hoping for one. Her son is 5 months old and she plans to have another child in the future.
I have been tracking everything too at fertilityfriend.com, but I am horrible about taking my temp so I can't tell anything just by looking at the temps. I am sure when I ovulated because of the (TMI warning------I'm serious, stop looking if you don't want to know-------okay, I warned you.....) cervical mucus and checking my cervix. So....know I don't know and I am scared to take a test!! I have this fantasy of finding out I'm pregnant when I am already 10 weeks or something cool like that, so I hat testing and being dissapointed. I would much rather see AF than a neg. test because the fact that I am even taking a test gets me excited!!

There's nothing wrong in waiting, the negative test IS the worst. And don't worry about TMI! I haven't done the temp thing yet because I was so off on everything else, but the "signs" you discussed coincide with the dates from the website, so I'm going to start paying attention to that.

I know some people can't stand not knowing, but at this point I would rather wait and see what happens than be dissapointed again. That is the worst feeling in the world when you are waiting the three minutes just to see no line appear. I look so hard sometimes that I see something that isn't there, LOL!

I'm alive! ;) I'm sorry -- I've been super busy and going non-stop. I got AF so it's a neg this time. I've stopped worrying about it. When God's timing is right, it'll be perfect. I'm counting the blessing that I have time to potty train my 2 year old before we have another. And God only knows what He'll have us do as a family in the time to come, so I'm gonna stick with His timing. ;) Good luck with everything Gillian and Anne. You guys have been awesome w/ all your support! Hope you get a + soon!

I am hoping this month will be the one!I also seem to think I have all the signs, I start to notice I am hungrier, more tired, cranky, moody, and then....
Nothing!
It's just me!! I am hoping this will be the month! I didn't start my period last month and hopefully I won't start this week or next. I think my period comes every 45 days at the latest sometimes. So I counted from last time and I probably won't test until the end of the month. I have missed an entire period once and my doctor told me it was just stress!!! :mad:

It is so disappointing seeing that dumb straight line and no + sign. I sit and wait hoping that something will change. :(

Now I am not going to stress out about it. Although I really want to be pregnant again. My youngest is 11 months and it's driving me crazy. I wanted to be pregnant when he was 9 months, but it's up to the Lord.

His timing IS perfect and I will have to be patient. :D

Even though it's driving me nuts!!! :eek: :eek:

I am praying for you all!! Hope these next couple of months we all get pregnant. Wouldn't that be funny!!? Our posts will be very funny and mood swings galore, I'm sure!!

Debbie

Amanda: Glad to hear you're ok!

Debbie: I know what you mean. I am just kinda hanging out to see what happens.

I look for every single little sign and I think I may even be imagining it. So, I'm just letting things go. Because you know what, it'll happen when the time is right. I'm sure I have mentioned this before, but looking back, I am glad it didn't happen last year.

Okay ladies- I broke down and tested on Monday- negative AGAIN! I am getting so frustrated with my cycles being so erratic!! I swear I am going to be pg someday and not find out until I'm six months because my cycles are so weird!!

Stranger things HAVE happened.

Did everyone else abandon us Anne?? It seems like just you and me on here!!

gilliandanielle said:
Okay ladies- I broke down and tested on Monday- negative AGAIN! I am getting so frustrated with my cycles being so erratic!! I swear I am going to be pg someday and not find out until I'm six months because my cycles are so weird!!

That might be easier on you emotionally. Just assume it is your crazy cycle and forget about taking the tests. Have you been tested for thyroid - not just TSH but also T3 and T4? I'm sure you have but if not ask your doctor to do that as a messed up thyroid frequently creates irregular or strange cycles. Treating my thyroid made a differnce in my cycle getting more regular although longer.

Re:twins
Muppetgal said:
I would love twins too, and my dad is a twin (fraternal). Cookinthehouse, if it's supposed to skip a generation then wouldn't it be YOUR kids who have the chance of having them?

Identical twins aren't genetic either, they are just a fluke of nature. It's fraternal twins that can run in families, because a female may release two eggs at the same time. So, unfortunately it means that it would have to be twins on YOUR side for it to affect your chances, not your husband.

Apparently your chances of twins also increases after age 30, something to do with extra hormones which cause two eggs to be released.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Good luck to eveyone who's trying, and as Brooke said sometimes you can try too hard. We didn't try that much this last month as I preferred NOT to have a baby so close to Christmas, but guess what? That was the month it happened. (and have decided it will be a lovely Christmas present and will work out well at any rate as OH will be on holidays from work for two weeks, then get the extra week paternity on top of that!)

My cousin is a retired pediatrician and his father was an identical twin. He has 6 kids and the youngest 4 are two sets of identical twins, the boys are now 45 and the girls will be 43 on 11-04. My cousin, retired Dr. that side of the family is all identical boys except his girls, and one set of boy/girl. He's on my mother's side of the family. On my father's side of the family there were many identical boys. Dr. was told fraternal twins ran in families and he introduced his family to those!!! LOL

I used to want 1 set Identical boys, 1 set identical girls and one set boy-girl. I"ve given up as I'll be 43 in mid nov and not seriously with a guy now :( For the most part I didn't want kids, or wanted a guy who already had kids, but neither worked out. I'm ok. as I've got 2 real brothers ages 39 and 31 and a real sister who's 33 and 3 little half-sisters (after vasectomy reversal) and a baby half brother who will be 2 tomorrow *I have yet to meet him in person, he was born after I re-located to TX. they're in OH>

Re:twins
Muppetgal said:
I would love twins too, and my dad is a twin (fraternal). Cookinthehouse, if it's supposed to skip a generation then wouldn't it be YOUR kids who have the chance of having them?

Identical twins aren't genetic either, they are just a fluke of nature. It's fraternal twins that can run in families, because a female may release two eggs at the same time. So, unfortunately it means that it would have to be twins on YOUR side for it to affect your chances, not your husband.

Apparently your chances of twins also increases after age 30, something to do with extra hormones which cause two eggs to be released.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Good luck to eveyone who's trying, and as Brooke said sometimes you can try too hard. We didn't try that much this last month as I preferred NOT to have a baby so close to Christmas, but guess what? That was the month it happened. (and have decided it will be a lovely Christmas present and will work out well at any rate as OH will be on holidays from work for two weeks, then get the extra week paternity on top of that!)

My cousin is a retired pediatrician and his father was an identical twin. He has 6 kids and the youngest 4 are two sets of identical twins, the boys are now 45 and the girls will be 43 on 11-04. My cousin, retired Dr. that side of the family is all identical boys except his girls, and one set of boy/girl. He's on my mother's side of the family. On my father's side of the family there were many identical boys. Dr. was told fraternal twins ran in families and he introduced his family to those!!! LOL

I used to want 1 set Identical boys, 1 set identical girls and one set boy-girl. I"ve given up as I'll be 43 in mid nov and not seriously with a guy now :( For the most part I didn't want kids, or wanted a guy who already had kids, but neither worked out. I'm ok. as I've got 2 real brothers ages 39 and 31 and a real sister who's 33 and 3 little half-sisters (after vasectomy reversal) and a baby half brother who will be 2 tomorrow *I have yet to meet him in person, he was born after I re-located to TX. they're in OH>

I guess we're not!

Of course as soon as I say that everyone else jumps in, LOL!

Tasha- I haven't been tested, but my Mom had a thyroid condition, and eventually had it taken out due to cancer.

Since this seems like a thread for feminie problems, I will ask a feminine question. Is it normal to go through a box of Super tampons in a day and a half. I think there are 18 in a box. I ask because I just finished my second perod since I got it back in August after having my son in March. They seem heavier now for some reason. I have always had heavier periods it seems like but I don't remember them being this heavy. At least there haven't been cramps with them. Maybe someone else has had thie heavy of a period?

I don't know what the limit is with tampons, but my doctor always tells me that if you soak more than a regular pad in one hour you need to go to the ER. I am assuming you are/were breastfeeding if you just got your period back, so that could be messing with your cycle flow.

I would call your Dr.

What, Dr. Pratt is off duty today??

I'm no expert in the post-birth field. ;-)

Alright, Janel, since Dr. Pratt is a slacker and slept through that day of med school, you should probably call your real doc!!

gilliandanielle said:
Alright, Janel, since Dr. Pratt is a slacker and slept through that day of med school, you should probably call your real doc!!
You're a stinker!

Don't tell anyone that!!

Yes, I have been breastfeeding although I'm about to be done because my son has chosen the bottle over me. I don't feel any different or any "side effects" with my periods. I just bleed alot I guess. And my husband is in the military so talking to a military doctor about these things is almost useless. I figured I would give it a few months and see if they seem to even out.

If it's really heavy - make sure you are taking a good multiple vitamin w/ iron! Especially if you are still nursing at all!

Another Update
nikked said:
Got to see El Baby yesterday! We're almost 13 weeks (will be tomorrow).

It was fun seeing how much she was moving in there. I didn't realize how active they are at this stage.

And, no, we don't know the sex yet. After 3 girls, you kind of just assume!

Well, so much for our "theory" on girls! We found out on Monday that it's a

!!!!BOY!!!!

:D :p :D :eek: :D ;) :D :rolleyes: :D

We are very excited, and a little nervous! We've had nothing but girls in our house for 15 years!!!

Thanks for letting me share...I'm off to JC Penny's...their Duo Maternity Sports Wear is on sale this AM for 50% off until 1 p.m.

congrats on a boy they are fun I only have one but he is great with his 2 sisters

Congrats!! I bet your DH is jumping up and down!!

That's wonderful!

So I have to share this story... Yesterday (and probably still today) was a "fertile day" according to this website I use to track my cycle. So, it was Friday and I was exhausted. My husband and I watched TV for a while and it started to get really late and I started to nod off on the couch. I said, "I'm exhausted and I have to go to bed soon." He says, "Lets just finish this show (10 minutes into an hour show)." I say, "But I'm so tired, I'm falling asleep, and we need to "go upstairs" because its the right time". He says, "Go up without me and I'll be up in a bit." Me: "I am going up now and I am exhausted. My head will hit the pillow and I will be out. I'm ovulating, and we need to do it tonight, and if you're not up there by the time my head hits that damn pillow, you are out of luck until the next time I ovulate. Do you understand me?" Needless to say he high-tailed it upstairs. LOL As I was falling asleep he says, "You know, I'm not a machine." I said, "Well, you seem to think I'm a baby drive thru window, that you can just pull up and place your order and drive away." There was just silence.

I posted this elsewhere, but since I brought it up in this thread, I thought I would update everyone. Just got this email from my brother:

It looks like Little Jimmy decided not to come out naturally so the doctors
is going to have to go in and get him. Heidi has a 11:00am appointment with
the doctor this Friday then we should be proceeding over to Mainland for
the C-section. Which is good. We were always worried that the water was
going to break around 2:00am and Auntie Anne or Uncle Day Day would become the late night babysitter and getting her dressed for school--wouldn't wish that on anyone-- (what should I wear for school?). I guess it still could happen. Just giving everyone a heads up.

Anne- I never read that story about you ovulating and being a baby drive through window...hilarious! When can you test??

AJPratt said:
So I have to share this story... Yesterday (and probably still today) was a "fertile day" according to this website I use to track my cycle. So, it was Friday and I was exhausted. My husband and I watched TV for a while and it started to get really late and I started to nod off on the couch. I said, "I'm exhausted and I have to go to bed soon." He says, "Lets just finish this show (10 minutes into an hour show)." I say, "But I'm so tired, I'm falling asleep, and we need to "go upstairs" because its the right time". He says, "Go up without me and I'll be up in a bit." Me: "I am going up now and I am exhausted. My head will hit the pillow and I will be out. I'm ovulating, and we need to do it tonight, and if you're not up there by the time my head hits that damn pillow, you are out of luck until the next time I ovulate. Do you understand me?" Needless to say he high-tailed it upstairs. LOL As I was falling asleep he says, "You know, I'm not a machine." I said, "Well, you seem to think I'm a baby drive thru window, that you can just pull up and place your order and drive away." There was just silence.

OMG, you CRACK ME UP:D I hope it happens for you soon too, Anne! It will happen when you least expect it I"m sure!

Nice to "see" you Lacy!!!

Well, I'm not due for AF until the 20th. I wond up going to the ER tonight. I was feaked out when I noticed two HUGE lumps behind my ear. So, it turns out that I just have swollen nodes due to some kind of infection. Phew. We had a friend who had cancer right in the same area. SO, while I was there they did what they call a "Preg Test" and it came back negative. But the Doc said if I don't get AF to just wait a week and test again. I am off to bed. Its 2am my time and I'm beat.

Good luck Anne, I will be thinking of you! Was is a blood test or just something with your urine? It is a tiny bit early for anything with urine for most people...

So... I was due on the 19th and still nothing. After 10 days of my husband driving me nuts, begging me to take a test, I broke down and bought one. I just can't bear taking another one and getting the negative response. I just want to give up. The question is: Should I test tonight or wait until the morning? I know they say morning is the best time, but does it really matter?

It can make a difference (I used to do pregancy testing). Wait until morning. Good luck Anne, I hope your dreams come true.

Jeanine

Definitely wait
AJPratt said:
So... I was due on the 19th and still nothing. After 10 days of my husband driving me nuts, begging me to take a test, I broke down and bought one. I just can't bear taking another one and getting the negative response. I just want to give up. The question is: Should I test tonight or wait until the morning? I know they say morning is the best time, but does it really matter?

I would definitely wait. I know it's hard...believe me, I know it's hard!

Your hormone's are more concentrated in the morning, and you have a better chance of a positive if you are pregnant than if you take it during the day.

Please let us know! Praying for you...

Take it in the morning for sure!! Fight the urge to take it today because if you do you will just take another in the morning if it is nagative today, so just wait! I will be thinking of you and e-mail/callling your house frantically if you don't post the results tomorrow!!

Nervous!!!ANNE I am going to take a prego test tomorrow morning too!! I haven't started either and I am anxious to find out if I am prego again!! WE want seven and we have four so I have three more to go. Maybe they will be triplets and I will be done!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

(Puts down her chocolate donut)

Ok that was the sugar talking!! I am back to reality!! But really I am taking a test tomorrow morning too. I am so nervous! I hate seeing that negative sign also. Anne I will be praying for you! Pray for me everyone!!! I would love to be pregnant right now in the fall and winter!! I have a ten year old son, a nine year old daughter, a two year old daughter, and my youngest son will be one next month and it will be perfect timing.

Debbie :D

Gord Lord, Gillian!

Could I test negative tonight and positive tomorrow?

Absolutely you could! It depends on the sensitivity of the tests. This website lists the brands and the sensitivity. The lower the number, the sooner you'll know!

http://www.pinelandpress.com/faq/hpt.html

I hope that helps you guys!

I took a test with my DS in the afternoon and it was negative, but positive in the morning. That was a digital though, which aren't nearly as strong as the regular kind. Buy the regular line ones and for God's sake find one with more than one in a box!! This pregnancy I confirmed with a three pack of EPT's for $16!

Debbie and Anne...... are you going to post the pictures of your pee sticks like Gillian did?:D :D :D lol!!!

Good luck to you both!

Anne-
Did you test yet? I prayed for you last night and I'm waiting to hear your results!

I hope you ladies got the results you were looking for!I have a 4 yr old daughter that is a 'strong willed child' to say the least..lol. She is such a handful but lately I have been having the baby bluse overtime. It seems like all my friends are on their 2 or 3rd and just popping those babies out all around me. Of course DH says it's not the right time..blah blah blah

What Happened???? Don't Make Me Call Your House!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rchamelin
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tropicalburstqt2