• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Pampered Chefers Live in Chicago Area??

In summary, the conversation revolved around the relocation of a couple to Chicago from Pennsylvania due to the husband's new job in the city. They were seeking recommendations for nice suburbs with good schools and reasonable commute times. Some suggested areas were Naperville, Wheaton, Lombard, and the Northwest suburbs. There was also discussion about the lack of competition in the area despite the high number of PC consultants. Overall, the conversation was positive and welcoming, with offers for hospitality and support from other consultants.
PartiesbyJamie
Silver Member
My husband just took a new job & we are relocating to Chicago from PA. He'll be working in the city so train commute is important. Does anyone have recommendations for nice suburbs / great schools & reasonable commute for us to check out?
Also how do you find the PC competition is with headquarters right there? I'm about to go inactive (too much going on here preparing to move) & haven't decided whether to hang it up for good or not.

I live ~45 mins from HO and I meet people REGULARLY who have NEVER heard of PC. Competition is NOT a problem. We have an NED, an SED, and an ED around here, not to mention plenty of other Seniors, Advanceds, and Directors in Chicagoland. We are all running successful businesses without stepping on each other's toes.Chicago has a great commuter train system. There are tons of places you could live. Do you have a housing price in mind? That may help your decision. You can live north, west, or south of the city. I was born and raised in the south suburbs and live down here now. I love it and could recommend several places to live down here. In the west, Naperville is very popular but is also more expensive.

I, too, was going to suggest Naperville ... we lived in Wheaton on the train line, and my IL's live in West Chicago, and are a mile from the train. They are all very nice towns.

Hi - thanks so much for responding to my plea!! We have heard that Naperville is nice & are going to look there first. I'm afraid it's going to be very $$ but might compare to where I live now. We'll be in the $500-600K price range most likely for housing. What else is nearby Naperville & still nice but maybe slightly less $ (but still with good schools) - i know it's a big request!

I lived in Lombard (in fact, still own a home there, if you are looking to buy LOL) and it is much more reasonable to live there than Naperville, and still easy for commuters. Lombard is in the western Suburbs, just North of Downer's Grove, East of Wheaton & Glen Ellyn, just south of Addison (where HO is) Expressways 88 and 355 intersect right there and the commuter train has a station there.

Welcome to Chicagoland! Debbie is right, there are a lot of PCers here but very little competition.

The Northwest suburbs are also quite nice, decent schools, and close to the city and train lines. I invite you to explore Schaumburg, Palatine, St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, and South Elgin.

I am originally from Philly and Havertown and I would not go back. Chicago is a world-class city, and people here are very nice.

Happy hunting!

Welcome from another fellow Illinoisan - I live in Geneva (great town) and grew up in Batavia (another great town next door to Geneva) - we are less than 5 minutes from the train station which is great when needing to get downtown. We have wonderful schools here as well and a nice hometown feel as well - not a huge town but plenty of things to do and places to go - close to grocery stores, movie theatres - etc. Good luck in your search!

OK so here's a great example of no competition. Gina lives about 20 minutes away from me and I have never heard of her before, even though I have done about a half-dozen shows in Geneva and St. Charles.

Good luck with your move. There are lots of people in this area and although there are many consultants - there is more than enough business to go around. Just think there are over 3 million people in the Chicago metro area. All of them are potential customers and that doesn't even count all the outlying suburbs...

I live in Wheaton and we have great public schools if that is important - my husband works downtown and he walks to the train every day. We are directly west of the city and the train ride isn't too long. With the way the housing market has been - I'm sure you could find a nice home in your price range.

If you need hospitality - my director is an ED (soon to be SED when the new plan kicks in) and she always provides awesome training. If you end up in Wheaton, or close to it - you are welcome to come to check out our cluster meetings.

Again, good luck!

susanr613 said:
OK so here's a great example of no competition. Gina lives about 20 minutes away from me and I have never heard of her before, even though I have done about a half-dozen shows in Geneva and St. Charles.

My director (pamperedbecky) lives in the same town as I do - and we both do just fine!

pamperedval said:
if you need hospitality - my director is an ed (soon to be sed when the new plan kicks in)
i am so excited for her!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow - you gals are all so wonderful & helpful!!! it's great to know that there are so many PCers out there - I already have something in common with lots of great folks in Chicago area!! I'm going to check out all the recommended towns. We won't make our first search visit until probably April but it doesn't hurt to narrow down the field ahead of time.
Is there much in the way of new construction or newer homes (under 5 yrs)?

send me the link for your listing!! you just never know.

mrssyvo said:
I lived in Lombard (in fact, still own a home there, if you are looking to buy LOL) and it is much more reasonable to live there than Naperville, and still easy for commuters.

sorry meant to include this!! send me the mls info.

I have an aunt who has lived in Palatine for about 25 years. Her kids all went to school there K to 12 and she still loves it. I love visiting. I also have relatives in Des Plaines, Park Ridge and Niles. All very nice. No matter, you will have a ball exploring the city. Wonderful restaurants, museums, Navy Pier, Grant Park, The Magnificent Mile and OPRAH! There are so many quaint little neighborhoods with their own personalities and some of the best restaurants are the ones without flashy billboards or astronomical prices. You will love it no matter what. and yeah, with three million people, I think you would be hard pressed NOT to find business. Best wishes on the move and the rebirth or your business!

Wow John, you need to come back and work for the tourist bureau!

Of course, you did leave out the ex-gov in jail and the other gov that became ex today <wink>

OT your right Susan we do have a steamy political past and present.

IL--the state where our governors make our license plates. :)

Sadly enough that true!

pampered1224 said:
I have an aunt who has lived in Palatine for about 25 years. Her kids all went to school there K to 12 and she still loves it. I love visiting. I also have relatives in Des Plaines, Park Ridge and Niles. All very nice. No matter, you will have a ball exploring the city. Wonderful restaurants, museums, Navy Pier, Grant Park, The Magnificent Mile and OPRAH! There are so many quaint little neighborhoods with their own personalities and some of the best restaurants are the ones without flashy billboards or astronomical prices. You will love it no matter what. and yeah, with three million people, I think you would be hard pressed NOT to find business. Best wishes on the move and the rebirth or your business!
Thanks again for all the great advice ...I'm going to have to take all your contact info with me so i have some "friends" in my new state!!
i've only been to Chic once (NC 2007) & fell in love with it! so when my husband was offered this oppty, we jumped! my kids are mixed - one will be 5 & the other 12 so there will be some adjustment. I'm pushing the magnificient mile & Oprah on the 12 yr old!! Sure hope to run into her someplace (where does she hang out???)

Oprah lives in CA most of the year. I have lived here almost all my life and have never just "run into" her.

Hey John, where in Palatine does your aunt live? I grew up in Hoffman Estates and went to school in Palatine. I agree...I love the burbs and Chicago proper. I wish I could move back there!

I'm about an hour from Chicago, up north in Woodstock. We're less than a mile from the train station, but it would be a long train ride. But it's a great little town! Good luck with your move!

An no worries about enough business....like the others have said, plenty to go around! I've been in the business 4yrs now with no problem.

Related to Any Pampered Chefers Live in Chicago Area??

1. Can you recommend any Pampered Chef consultants in the Chicago area?

Yes, we have a database of active Pampered Chef consultants in the Chicago area. Please provide your location and we will be happy to provide you with a list of consultants near you.

2. Are there any upcoming Pampered Chef events or parties in Chicago?

Yes, our consultants regularly host events and parties in the Chicago area. Please check our website or contact a consultant near you for upcoming events.

3. Can I book a cooking demonstration or party with a Pampered Chef consultant in Chicago?

Absolutely! Our consultants are happy to host cooking demonstrations or parties for you and your friends. Please contact a consultant near you to book a date and time.

4. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant in Chicago?

We are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team of consultants. Please visit our website or contact a consultant near you for more information on becoming a Pampered Chef consultant in Chicago.

5. Are there any exclusive deals or discounts for Pampered Chef products in the Chicago area?

Yes, our consultants often offer exclusive deals and discounts for Pampered Chef products at their events and parties in the Chicago area. Please contact a consultant near you for more information on current promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yummybytes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DMB75
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns