• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Members of Bni International?

R
RachelNguyen
I have a friend who is a member of BNI international, a networking organization. She pays about $300 per year and gets to attend meetings and talk about her business with people. I wondered if any of you have done this, and if so, what is the result? I would consider such a thing if it brought bookings.

I did a booth today and got invited to a lunch next week where I get to do my 3 second commercial and hand out business cards. It is about $10 and I get lunch out of it, too! I'm looking into it! Our Chamber is SO expensive that I haven't done it yet. And they wanted me to be an ambassador and I didn't feel like I could say no.

RachelNguyen said:
I have a friend who is a member of BNI international, a networking organization. She pays about $300 per year and gets to attend meetings and talk about her business with people. I wondered if any of you have done this, and if so, what is the result? I would consider such a thing if it brought bookings.

I joined a chapter last October. I hate getting up at 5:45 am to be there at 6:45 but I like the people. I have done a small fundraiser, and am currently in the process of doing a mystery host show, which closed on Feb 28. Have sold a bunch of individual orders. I get the opportunity every week to do a 45 sec commercial, and then we take turns doing a 10 min presentation (each week a different person). I need to sit down and figure out how much money it has generated for my business.

I would suggest you visit one of more chapters. Each has a different personality. Ours is very warm, humorous, and people genuinely care about each other. From what I have heard, not all are like that. Plus we are very active in recruiting new members, and have over 40 members.

PamperChefCarol said:
Plus we are very active in recruiting new members, and have over 40 members.

Do you get anything for recruiting new members?

cmdtrgd said:
Do you get anything for recruiting new members?

Nothing for recruiting. BNI is a referral based business. The more you give, the more you get kind of thing. I understand not all groups function as well as ours does, but we genuinely try to help each other. I think of it as having 39 people out and about who are all looking for business for me. And I for them.

I think this is the one I just joined. So far I haven't had any interest in their members wanting my products, but I'm wanting lots of bartering credit to get my pool liner replaced (about $3500!) As well as the flooring companies. The one I'm in does give me bartering credit for bringing in new referrals. I think it's about $12 per month. I was wondering if there was a way to count this as a promotional expense and be reimbursed from PC...

I don't belong but I know someone who does. She just told me about a meeting they had this week. It is very "by the books". The meetings start at 7:15 but you are required to be there at 7 for the "mixer" part of it. One lady was written up because 2 meetings she arrived at 7:12 (just before meeting time) YOU MUST MAKE IT TO EVERY MEETING (or have someone there to represent you). Too stiff in the collar and in the pocket book for me!

I belonged to a BNI group for several yrs. when I was working as a Personal Chef. It was absolutely beneficial to my business, and one of the main ways I built my business. It is all "word-of-mouth" advertising. You recommend and use the other businesses in your group, and in turn they do the same for you. This eliminates cold calling, because, every "lead" you receive at the meetings are warm and hot leads - as in, someone has said to the real estate person in the group "wow, I could sure use some new pots and pans for my new kitchen", and the real estate person says "wow, I know someone who can help you with that - I'll have her call you".....and then brings you the name and phone # of the person.In BNI - there is no "bartering credit" - (so Paige - I think you must have joined something different), but as yummy4tummy stated - it is very rigid in times etc.....all of the ones I have known have met early morning (7 at the latest), and you MUST attend meetings, or have someone attend in your place. Mine was pretty pricey - I think $300 to join for the year, but then we also had $45 monthly dues (to pay for the meeting space and other expenses).
It was worth the price when I was running my Personal Chef business,(cheaper than running newspaper ads!) but I tried it for a few months as a Pampered Chef, and it really didn't pay off - and there is no recruiting allowed, so it really cut in half my reason for wanting to be there. I could promote the product, but I felt that If I couldn't present the opportunity, I was only doing half my job!
So that is my experience with BNI - hope this info helps!

1. What exactly is BNI International?

BNI International is a business networking organization that helps its members build relationships and exchange business referrals. It stands for Business Network International and has over 9,000 chapters worldwide.

2. How much does it cost to be a member of BNI International?

The annual membership fee for BNI International is around $300, but it may vary depending on the location and chapter. There may also be additional fees for attending events or trainings.

3. What are the benefits of being a member of BNI International?

As a member of BNI International, you get access to a network of professionals from various industries that can refer business to you. You also have the opportunity to promote your business and build relationships with other members. BNI also offers training and resources to help you improve your networking skills and grow your business.

4. What is the result of joining BNI International?

The result of joining BNI International may vary for each member. Some may see an increase in business referrals and revenue, while others may benefit from the networking and training opportunities. It ultimately depends on how active and engaged a member is within their chapter.

5. Is it worth it to join BNI International?

Whether or not BNI International is worth it for you depends on your individual goals and needs. If you are looking to expand your network and potentially receive business referrals, then it may be worth the investment. However, if you are not able to commit the time and effort to actively participate in the organization, it may not be as beneficial for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyjonesPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • DanielleQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies