• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Ideas for a Ground Hog Day Show?

In summary, the Groundhog Day show host asked if I had any ideas, and I replied with a list of possible themes. Linda came up with a good one- the new Power Cooking theme- and Ann suggested a contest to see who can do the woodchuck tongue twister the fastest.
sddmom2
I have a host who wants to do a show on Ground Hog Day- she asks if I have any ideas for something with that theme-LOL
Soooo~ I'm asking. TIA

I dont even know what to say! You'll have to be quite creative.

Maybe you can figure out something with the trifle bowl, or even a calzone.

Good luck on this one!

Pigs in a blanket? lol Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

You could have two different recipes in mind - one a spring recipe and one a winter recipe. By the time of the show you should know if the groundhog saw his shadow or not and that's what you'll demo. When the guests rsvp have the host ask them if the groundhog will see his shadow or not. Write down their answers, put all the correct answers in a drawing.

I don't know!

RebelChef said:
Pigs in a blanket? lol Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

It took me a second to figure that one out. That's pretty funny!

Sorry, no ideas on a theme. That is a tough one! I like Linda's idea...

How about the new Power Cooking theme? Because you cook it once, and eat it several times (like the movie, Groundhog Day). It's a stretch, but you could make it work.

Just do your whole spiel then start over and repeat it...Oh wait, that was the movie... ;)

Oops - Ann beat me to the movie joke...

pamperedlinda said:
You could have two different recipes in mind - one a spring recipe and one a winter recipe. By the time of the show you should know if the groundhog saw his shadow or not and that's what you'll demo. When the guests rsvp have the host ask them if the groundhog will see his shadow or not. Write down their answers, put all the correct answers in a drawing.

I don't know!
That's a cute idea!

janetupnorth said:
Just do your whole spiel then start over and repeat it...

Oh wait, that was the movie... ;)
That's funny too!

You guys are too funny! Thanks for the ideas-even the pigs in the blanket! I love all the ideas- my husband said this morning that I could make something in the shape of a ground hog- but I can't help but think of Steel Magnolias "armadillo cake" sp?

Hey, if you decide to actually serve groundhog, I've got a recipe for you.Seriously.

raebates said:
Hey, if you decide to actually serve groundhog, I've got a recipe for you.

Seriously.

Do you really? :eek:

Maybe that's a new Theme Show?!

Yeah, The Furry Guy served groundhog at his family gathering in June. He brined it for 24 hours with my pork brine (it's groundhog, right?) and spit-roasted it in the yard.A bit of fun information to share: the groundhog is also known as a woodchuck and a whistlepig. It makes a high-pitched whistling sound when scared.You could always have a contest to see who can do the woodchuck tongue twister the fastest.

Playing off Rae...10 minute pork (HOG) tenderloin in the DCB. Other than that I like the pigs in a blanket.

I like what Linda said so how about this? Do both. Pigs in a blanket if he sees his shadow because it'll still be winter. BBQ Pork Salad if he doesn't, because spring is near and bbq and salad are a spring/summer thing. You could have the host do the pigs in a blanket ahead and just have them ready to throw in the oven. Too cutesy/silly? lol

You may be asking the wrong crowd if it's too cutesy/silly. ;)

What are some ideas for a Ground Hog Day themed cooking show?

One idea could be to make a groundhog-shaped cake or cookies using a special cookie cutter. Another idea could be to create a menu featuring traditional dishes from Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, the home of the famous groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil. You could also incorporate a game or activity where guests have to guess the shadow prediction for the day.

Can you suggest recipes that use groundhog as an ingredient?

We do not recommend using groundhog as an ingredient in recipes. Instead, you could use other ground meats such as ground beef, turkey, or chicken in your recipes. You could also consider using groundhog-shaped cookie cutters or food molds to create fun and festive dishes.

What kitchen tools or products can I use to create a Ground Hog Day themed dish?

You can use a variety of kitchen tools and products to create a Ground Hog Day themed dish. Some suggestions include a groundhog-shaped cookie cutter or food mold, a bundt pan to make a groundhog-shaped cake, or themed kitchen towels or aprons to add to the ambiance of the show.

Are there any traditional Ground Hog Day recipes I can make?

While there are no specific traditional Ground Hog Day recipes, you could incorporate dishes that are popular in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, such as pot roast, meat and potato stew, or hot dogs and sauerkraut. You can also add a creative twist to these dishes to make them more festive for the occasion.

Can you provide any tips for hosting a successful Ground Hog Day cooking show?

Some tips for hosting a successful Ground Hog Day cooking show include planning out your menu and recipes ahead of time, incorporating fun and interactive elements such as games or activities, and promoting the event to attract a larger audience. You could also consider offering special discounts or promotions on themed products to make the show even more enticing for attendees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• twilcox
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tiara Smith
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
  • AshleyAllison