• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Advice for a Large Scale Fundraiser

In summary, Misty Lambert is worried that her 900-child fundraiser will not be a success because she does not have enough catalogs to send home to parents. Shannon Lambert says that if the fundraiser is a success, the school will more than recoup their money on catalogs.
woslambert
HELPP!!! I just booked a large scale fundraiser for about 900 kids for a middle school and I don't have enough catalogs. We are sending home a letter on Monday to ask who will be participating so I can at least anticipate how many to order but Im really scared this might fall through and I'll be stuck with a ton of catalogs and more expenses than its worth. I also thought about gift certificates too but I dont know that those will do as well as someone actually seeing the products in the book. :confused:

any responses are needed urgently! thanks
Misty Lambert #378217
[email protected]
HELP

Do you have a personal website that you can direct people to, instead of sending out all those catalogs? It might be worth the expense to invest in one, even if for only a 6-month subscription.

fundraiserI would ask the school to foot the bill for the catalogs. You are just an independent consultant and that is a big financial responsiblity for 1 person to take on. Besides, if the fundraiser is a success, then the school will more than recoup their money on catalogs. Based on my experience with fundraisers (not PC) only about 1/2 of the students ever get home with the information.

Here is what I would suggest. . . Can you set up at basketball/football any type of sporting event?? Choir concerts, school plays??? ANYTHING that is happening at the school, I would be there with a small table set up and few items out. That way, you can talk to the "adults" that are coming in and out of the event - they are going to be the main sellers.

You also have to get the kids excited about the fundraiser. Are there prizes?? Can the homeroom teachers remind them about selling??

I helped out the band at my son's school with Poinsettia sales. We could have sold alot more if I had personally been at events where I could push the items and the band director would have been a little more enthusiastic. Some of the parents never even new we sold them until the Christmas concert - and there were only 100 band members.

Good luck - it will be alot of work, but it will be worth it.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon

Q: How do I choose a good location for a large scale fundraiser?

A: When choosing a location for a large scale fundraiser, consider the size of the venue, accessibility for attendees, and any potential permit or rental fees. It's also beneficial to choose a location that aligns with the cause or theme of the fundraiser.

Q: What are some effective ways to promote a large scale fundraiser?

A: Utilize social media, email marketing, and word of mouth to promote the fundraiser. Collaborate with local businesses or media outlets to spread the word. Additionally, create eye-catching flyers or posters to display in high-traffic areas.

Q: How can I ensure a successful turnout for a large scale fundraiser?

A: Offer incentives such as early bird ticket prices or exclusive perks for attendees. Utilize a ticketing system to track RSVPs and plan accordingly. Additionally, reach out to potential sponsors or partners to increase visibility and attract more attendees.

Q: What are some creative fundraising ideas for a large scale event?

A: Consider hosting a silent auction, raffle, or live auction with donated items or experiences. Another idea is to offer a VIP experience with exclusive access or perks. You could also incorporate fun activities such as a photo booth or game stations to engage attendees and raise more funds.

Q: How can I keep track of donations and expenses during a large scale fundraiser?

A: Utilize a spreadsheet or fundraising software to keep track of donations and expenses. Assign a designated person or team to manage the finances throughout the event. It's also important to have a system in place for handling cash and credit card transactions securely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AliiciaS
  • chef131doreen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SUSANDISCOCAIAFA
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI