• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Toy Recall Including Thomas the Train....

In summary, RC2 Corporation is recalling a variety of products because they may contain lead. There are also a few American-made toys that are cute but may have lead. Parents should check for recalls and remove any toys that may be affected.
I was just reading about this. And theres more too!!

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerelsep07.html

I was just reading about this. And theres more too!!

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prerelsep07.html

Stacey~

That link isn't working...any way you can check it and post it again?

hmmm odd!!

You can just go to www.cpsc.gov click on product and safety recalls and then on the september recalls. Should get you there!!

Its really slow to load, guess its being bombarded since this was announced this morning.

Last edited:
all these recalls make me scared to death to buy my any non american made toys, unfortunately, most of his toys are non american.

There are some cute hand-crafted, American-made toys at etsy.com. That's an online marketplace for crafters to sell their wares.

Here's the place I went to maybe it is not as busy RC2 Corporation

I am getting TIRED of seeing something every week. We have slide by so far. Mostly, Luke has the magnet TakeALong ones. A friend bought him bunches the wooden stuff at a yard sale recenty, but so far none of it has been recalled. And I dread when one is recalled and I have to take it away from him. He knows everyone he has and there will be no fooling or pleasing him that it is gone! :D

Give the kids microcookers and bamboo spoons. Also the shipping boxes. My one year old finds these very amusing and no lead.

My daughter LOVES the micro cooker!! Makes the best drum on Sunday morning when daddy has a hang over :p

I have gotten to the point that I don't want to buy ANYTHING without checking where it was made! And unfortunately most toys are made overseas... Boy Christmas shopping will be fun this year :(

PCwithStay-C said:
My daughter LOVES the micro cooker!! Makes the best drum on Sunday morning when daddy has a hang over :p

I can't help myself!! LOL!! LOL!! ROFLOL!!!

Don't EVEN get me started on how much this just pi$$es me off! (sorry for the blunt language, I'm really mad about these 'recalls')

do all these recalls make you guys wonder if the toys our kids curretly are playing with have lead in them?? I am talking about the ones we bought 2-4 yrs ago?? I really wonder if my kids toys do.

Jennie4PC said:
do all these recalls make you guys wonder if the toys our kids curretly are playing with have lead in them?? I am talking about the ones we bought 2-4 yrs ago?? I really wonder if my kids toys do.
Yeah, I wonder how long it will take for those recalls to go into effect. I'm just thankful that my son was never one to put his toys into his mouth and chew on them.

my 1 dd loves to put things in her mouth we tell her all the time not to do it but it happens.

not to highjack but did anyone hear that they also recalled those Mel's Braclets (for breast cancer) ? same thing -lead paint.

My ds has an elmo singing toy with the microphone. I called Matel because that was one of the toys on the recalled list. They said his was made before the lead paint ones were made. I just wonder if they are just saying this to keep from having a massive recall. I don't see how they can just all of a sudden change to lead after not using lead paint. Very sketchy to me, but they assured me that the one that he has is safe.

Thanks for posting this... DH called earlier and said that he heard about it on CNN, but he was half asleep so he couldn't remember which ones they said. My kids have tons of Thomas toys, but luckily, they don't have the ones listed in the recall.

Related to Another Toy Recall Including Thomas the Train....

What is the reason behind the toy recall for Thomas the Train?

The toy recall for Thomas the Train is due to the presence of lead paint on the surface of the toys.

What should I do if I have purchased a Thomas the Train toy that is included in the recall?

If you have purchased a Thomas the Train toy that is included in the recall, you should stop using the toy immediately and contact the manufacturer for further instructions.

Are all Thomas the Train toys affected by this recall?

No, not all Thomas the Train toys are affected by this recall. The recall only applies to certain models that have been found to contain lead paint.

Is the recalled Thomas the Train toy still safe to use if my child has not put it in their mouth?

Even if your child has not put the toy in their mouth, it is still important to stop using the toy and contact the manufacturer. Lead paint can still be harmful if it is in contact with skin or is inhaled.

What safety measures is the manufacturer taking to prevent future recalls?

The manufacturer of Thomas the Train toys is implementing stricter quality control measures to ensure that all toys are free of lead paint. They are also conducting thorough testing on all toys before they are released to the market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth