• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anne Asks: Did IE Take Over My Firefox?

In summary, "IE Take Over My Firefox" is a common issue that occurs when Internet Explorer becomes the default browser on your computer. You can tell if IE has taken over your Firefox by checking your browser settings and links from other applications may also open in IE instead of Firefox. To fix this issue, you can change your default browser back to Firefox or reset your default browser settings. This will not cause you to lose any saved information or bookmarks. To prevent this issue from happening again, regularly check your browser settings and disable automatic updates for Internet Explorer.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay... I was really loving Firefox and the tabs etc and now the tabs are not there and I can't get them... did IE take over from me and I just don't know it? Help Anne or anyone .... :)

Well... I ran install again and it's working... sigh... I'm sure it was something that I did... but I sure don't know what! :)

That's weird. I think you can deactivate/reactivate tabs in the preferences. Maybe something got FUBARed in your preference file.

Under options ... and tabs... it was not checked to "always show tab bar" so I've checked that now... hopefully it doesn't happen again... I am loving lots of the features so I'm glad you all encouraged me to try it.

Diane, they've been making some upgrades and I've noticed some weird things of late, too. Usually, just killing Firefox and restarting it fixes the funky stuff.One of the things about Firefox that I really like is that when it crashes, it restarts right where it was. That's nice if you happened to be viewing a website you found in a search and don't have bookmarked. (In other words, you don't remember the URL.)

Related to Anne Asks: Did IE Take Over My Firefox?

1. What is "IE Take Over My Firefox"?

"IE Take Over My Firefox" is a common issue that occurs when Internet Explorer becomes the default browser on your computer, even if you have previously set Firefox as your default browser. This can happen after updates or changes to your computer's settings.

2. How do I know if IE has taken over my Firefox?

You can tell if IE has taken over your Firefox by checking your browser settings. If Internet Explorer is set as the default browser, then IE has taken over Firefox. You may also notice that links from other applications are automatically opening in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox.

3. How do I fix this issue?

The easiest way to fix this issue is to change your default browser back to Firefox. You can do this by opening Firefox, going to the "Options" menu, and selecting "Make Default" under the "General" tab. If this does not work, you may need to reset your default browser settings using your computer's control panel.

4. Will I lose any of my bookmarks or saved information if I fix this issue?

No, fixing this issue will not cause you to lose any of your saved information or bookmarks in Firefox. However, it is always a good idea to regularly back up your bookmarks and important data to avoid any potential loss.

5. How can I prevent this issue from happening again in the future?

To prevent this issue from happening again, you can regularly check your browser settings to ensure that Firefox is still set as your default browser. You can also disable automatic updates for Internet Explorer to prevent it from becoming the default browser in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
NooraK