• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I Being a Pest? Struggles with PC and Hosting a Show

In summary, Silvana feels like she is constantly bothering people, and lately it seems like people have been avoiding her because they do not want her to bring up PC or hosting a show. She just feels dissapointed that from her 100 contact list she really hasn't been able to get 1/2 of those people to book and help her out, and she remembers reading somewhere that one phone call can turn everything around. However, she has been successful in the past by doing craft fairs, and she is optimistic that she can continue to do so in the future.
SILV1234
I feel like I am constantly bothering people and lately it seems like people have been avoidint me becasue they do not want me to bring up PC or hosting a show. I just feel dissapointed that from my 100 contact list I really haven't been able to get 1/2 of those people to book and help me out!!!:(

Don't get discouraged - if you got half of your list of 100 to book you're doing waaayyyy better than me!! Just keep at it. I remember reading somewhere that one phone call can turn everything around, and I really believe that. Of course if I didn't I would give up too! And yes I feel like a pest quite often. But, this IS my job.

When I begin to feel like a pest I go through my shows and call people that I have not called in w ahile. That way I am not always calling on the same people. I find that people from old shows seem surprised and pleased to have me check on them when I have not talked to them since out of th ebox calls.

I never even finished making my list of 100 out! So, if you have made the complete list out and got half to do something - you are way ahead of me! :D

I work full time and have a family to tend to when I get home so do not make lots of phone calls. I send emails, post cards fliers and trult get no feedback from that. I hardly get any bookings from all that and usually only get bookings at parties and from co workers. I thought email would give me lots of bookings and interest but so far nothing!!

Yes, I feel like a pest. I sent out my monthly email newsletter, and I emailed a HWC promotion (havent sent may newsletter yet) and then I do follow up calls, especially with past hosts from last year, and they either a) say they will call back but never do b) send me an email saying they want to do something, but never answer the phone when I call to confirm or when I email them back to set things up.I plan on going to conference, and I am just struggling now to say afloat and active. I want to do two parties for June and July to get the incentives, but I think if conference doesn't do much for me, I will end up not being a consultant in six months. My bookings now are: catalog show for May
June: 1 cooking show, 1 catalog show
July: 1 cooking show
September: 1 cooking show
November: 1 cooking show

Thank You. I love selling just wish more people would offer without me having to pull teeth. Many times they say they will have a show then don't want to pick a date... very frustrating

I can't get people to commit that far ahead and if they do they end up changing the date 5 times or canceling completely.

Email (and flyers, postcards, etc.) usually do not work without follow up calls. Think about it: how often have YOU called someone to book a party? That really isn't the norm. So, I wouldn't feel discouraged...just try to make a goal to contact 3 people a day. You sound just as busy as me- just try and set aside time in 5-15 minute blocks so you don't get overwhelmed and decide to just not make any calls! (Um, I may be speaking from experience here!! LOL)

Silvana,
Don't be discouraged--my list of 100 was not supportive either. What has helped me is doing craft fairs. If no one you know is interested in Pampered Chef then ask someone who is. I do better asking strangers also because it does sort of hurt my feelings when my closest & dearest friends & family won't help me. I understand & try not to take it personal but we are human. I found that people at craft fairs are great because you meet people interested in the product already and at their shows you meet more people interested-it is more productive than having people who are there as a "favor". Ask your upline to hook you up with some craft fairs or expos they are doing so you learn from them. Cheer up we're here to help the best we can.

Yes, I feel like a pest. I don't know why, but I do. People do not like to be bothered by "salespeople" and "telemarketers" at home, and I feel like sometimes I'm in the same category with those dreaded people! But i still make calls...and get rejected often. At least I try!!

Thanks so much. My goal is going to be to start making calls and see how that turns out. Do you guys get people who cancel after you have sent out the host packet with all the catalogs, invites and order forms? Do you ask for that stuff back?? I never do!

I definitely ask for my business supplies back. It reinforces the point that this is a business.

I try to get a definite answer out of folks. So, if they cancel or move the date - AGAIN, I just ask them what they are thinking. "You sound really busy right now. I'd love to do a show for you but I don't want you to feel obligated. I will not at all be upset with you if you want to push this off a few more months although I would love to help you earn some free proucts if you'd like." Usually, people sound relieved that they don't HAVE to do a show. I then do not say a word to them (these are usually personal acquantainces) about PC until I say I will.

Thanks so much for all the great feed back!!

1. What is "Do You Feel Like a Pest?"

"Do You Feel Like a Pest?" is a popular cookbook by Pampered Chef that focuses on quick and easy recipes for busy individuals.

2. Are the recipes in "Do You Feel Like a Pest?" suitable for beginners?

Yes, the recipes in "Do You Feel Like a Pest?" are designed for all skill levels, including beginners. The cookbook includes step-by-step instructions and tips for success.

3. Are there any dietary restrictions or allergies taken into consideration in "Do You Feel Like a Pest?"

Yes, "Do You Feel Like a Pest?" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions and allergies. The cookbook includes recipes for vegetarians, gluten-free options, and more.

4. Can I purchase "Do You Feel Like a Pest?" online?

Yes, "Do You Feel Like a Pest?" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website, as well as other online retailers. You can also purchase the cookbook through a Pampered Chef consultant.

5. Are there any reviews or testimonials for "Do You Feel Like a Pest?"

Yes, there are many positive reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers who have tried the recipes in "Do You Feel Like a Pest?" They praise the cookbook for its simplicity, delicious recipes, and time-saving tips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• evvy
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CGutwein
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
kraber
  • PChefRenee