• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which ALL IN ONE Printer is the Best for Small Businesses?

it's been great! I didn't think I would like it because I'm used to Canon printers but I've been really pleased with it. I've only used it for printing so I can't speak to the fax or copier features, but so far so good!I have an HP Officejet 5510 All-in-One - it's been great. I've only used it for printing and copying so I can't speak to the fax or copier features, but so far it's been great!I have the HP Officejet 5510 All-in-One and I'm really happy with it. It's been really great for printing and copying. I haven't used it for faxing yet, but I'm sure it
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Has anyone purchased an ALL IN ONE Printer/Fax/Copier? And if you have... could you share which one and if you are pleased ect? I need to streamline and update even though I live my printer... my fax is old and I have no copier and for both my businesses, I am leaning toward the Canon 530.
SO... since there is so much wisdom on this group about everything else... I am eagerly awaiting what your opinions are about this. I'm going to get one soon... might as well have the dedution this year!

I have an older Lexmark X75 and I hate it. It drinks the ink.

I was recently shopping for an all in one and was very wary about ink consumption. Plus, my old HP did a terrible job with photos. (They would fade in a matter of weeks.)

So I wound up buying a Brother MFC 420cn. It was very inexpensive, has separate color inks, and has done a great job so far. I printed a photo and hung it on my wall a few months ago and it still looks great. Plus it is fairly fast and easy to use. And the ink is cheap and comes in nice big tanks so you don't have to change it all the time. (Note, the unit comes with mini inks, so the first time around you change it pretty quick, but I think I am still on my original colored inks and it has been months now!)

All in all, I am very happy with the machine. The copies come out GREAT and the scanner seems fine. Haven't faxed with it, but I can't imagine it would be a problem.

Oh, and the model I got can accept a whole bunch of photo cards so you can print from the card directly. Cool.

I have the HP OfficeJet 5510 and am quite happy with it

I have one!!I have the HP Officejet Series 700 and it works great!! I actually haven't even used it for fax purposes but maybe in the future when my business is expanding, I will. The printer, scanner and copier work great. I have only had it for about a month. I bought it used from someone on craigslist. It was a great deal for only $25.

Debbie :D

I LOVE my HP Deskjet All-in-One (I think I have the 1210?? ) I have had it for probably 2-3 years now and it is going strong!! And I only paid about $100 for it...HTH :)

I have a lexmark x6170 and i like it. had for over a year now. lately i've had some problems w/ink cart's, but when i get a new one (free exch fr offc dep) its worked great.???? weird!

I bought the HP laser 3055 last month and it's great. I still have my ink jet for when I need to do color copies.

My Lexmark went bonkers the first time I tried a generic toner cartridge. Now it says "replace cartridge" all the time - even after I put in a new one. Still prints though! If I had to replace it, I'd go with an HP or a Canon.

I have a HP 6110 All-in one. Works great but a real ink drinker. I hate having to buy new expensive cartridges when 1 color goes out. I have an ink refill kit but DH is afraid to try it because should it leak, the machine can be ruined.

I have three two for the office and one for the firehousethe one in the office is a lexmark x7170. I love it. Very quick and great picture quality. The other is an HP psc 750 not as good in quality and doesnt fax. Thats why I upgraded.

the one in the firehouse is a dell, the one sucks the ink down bigtime I cant seem to keep the ink in it...........

Flora

I have a Lexmark X5150 and so far it has been good to me. I have had it for several years, but have just recently tried to use it to fax. Somehow I can't seem to get it set up (if anyone knows how to do this and can help me I would love you forever!). It's hard to compare the ink usage, since there is no way to know how much you are exactly printing, but I feel this printer uses ink fairly efficiently.

I have a HP officejet also, drinks ink. my favorite are the ones that have separate ink cartridges, they tend to use the least amount of ink. The Epson copiers take ink that does not run when it gets wet, those are my favorite.

I have a Lexmark X5150 and so far it has been good to me. I have had it for several years, but have just recently tried to use it to fax. Somehow I can't seem to get it set up (if anyone knows how to do this and can help me I would love you forever!).

Rebecca I found this for you...don't know if you have already been this route or not but I thought I would throw it your way. Hope it is of some help.

You can submit email inquiries online through Lexmark’s website at www.lexmark.com or call 1-800-332-4120 in the United States.
Lexmark customer service representatives are available by phone from 8am to 11pm Monday through Friday and 12pm to 6pm Saturday. These times are all EST.
Lexmark tech support also has online live chat that is available from 12pm to 9pm Monday to Friday and 12 pm to 6pm Saturday.
Lexmark support is available in many countries around the world. Lexmark’s website has a scroll down menu with all the countries they operate in so you can get the best customer support for your area.

Lexmark does not offer phone support for all its products. Some products are too old to be covered by phone support, so you will have to submit an online inquiry if you have questions about an older Lexmark model. When you enter your model number in the website, it will tell you what tech support is available for that product and model.

Valky

yummy4tummy said:
I have a HP 6110 All-in one. Works great but a real ink drinker. I hate having to buy new expensive cartridges when 1 color goes out. I have an ink refill kit but DH is afraid to try it because should it leak, the machine can be ruined.
I have a Lexmark X1150 , my little brother got it for me refurbished, and I love the all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax, but I hate the ink drinking part of it. I used a refill once on my black and the second time I tried to refill it it went all haywire and started leaking I guess, did the same the first time I tried to refill the colors, so I'm stuck buying their outrageously priced cartridges when 1 friggin color starts going out, sometimes I just ride it out and use colored paper so it doesn't show up as bad, lol. I would LOVE to have seperate colors.

Oh, and I forgot to add that when i changed from dial-up to DSL I now need to get some extra cord or something to be able to fax again, ughh.

I have an HP PSC 2510 with the automatic duplexer attached (prints both sides without me having to mess with it -- great for OOFs). I use the fax daily and the only thing I don't like about the fax is that it does not have an automatic feeder -- you have to feed the pages one at a time on the copier/scanner part. I use a laser for most of my printing (Brother HL5280DW which I LOVE -- also wireless and auto duplexing), but my HP right now is printing out a bunch of tags for the small batter bowl mixes (doing a holiday bazaar today) and it does print pretty quickly.

I think you also have to pay attention to the different print qualities offered by the printers. Most of them default to "normal" or "high quality" because it uses the most ink. But you can downgrade it to what HP calls "Fastdraft" or "fast normal", both of which use less ink and give a fine printout. When I print out anything for my flip chart for my shows I use the better quality and use photo paper, but anything else the "fast normal" works fine.

The model I have has since been upgraded by HP, and my sister has one and she loves it -- and I think hers does have the automatic fax feeder.

jdavis said:
Oh, and I forgot to add that when i changed from dial-up to DSL I now need to get some extra cord or something to be able to fax again, ughh.

Jennifer, you just need the line filter -- you should have gotten a couple with your DSL modem

yummy4tummy said:
Rebecca I found this for you...don't know if you have already been this route or not but I thought I would throw it your way. Hope it is of some help.

You can submit email inquiries online through Lexmark’s website at www.lexmark.com or call 1-800-332-4120 in the United States.
Lexmark customer service representatives are available by phone from 8am to 11pm Monday through Friday and 12pm to 6pm Saturday. These times are all EST.
Lexmark tech support also has online live chat that is available from 12pm to 9pm Monday to Friday and 12 pm to 6pm Saturday.
Lexmark support is available in many countries around the world. Lexmark’s website has a scroll down menu with all the countries they operate in so you can get the best customer support for your area.

Lexmark does not offer phone support for all its products. Some products are too old to be covered by phone support, so you will have to submit an online inquiry if you have questions about an older Lexmark model. When you enter your model number in the website, it will tell you what tech support is available for that product and model.

Valky

Thanks Valky...I tried calling, but the wait was long and the website said that they might charge me $15 for the call. I'll try submitting an online inquiry!

I have an all in one but I wish I didn't. I had issues with it a while back - some error code for the printer - so then I couldn't use the fax or the copier part until that bit was fixed!

I have a brother 3220 and it drinks ink and will not print ANYTHING if any one of the cartridges is empty....ie, say I have an all black text doc, well, my dear printer will not print it if the yellow cartridge is empty.....grrrrrrr......makes no sense at all...

I would recommend individual pieces if the budget will stretch.

JMT

Misty

RachelNguyen said:
I was recently shopping for an all in one and was very wary about ink consumption. Plus, my old HP did a terrible job with photos. (They would fade in a matter of weeks.)

So I wound up buying a Brother MFC 420cn. It was very inexpensive, has separate color inks, and has done a great job so far. I printed a photo and hung it on my wall a few months ago and it still looks great. Plus it is fairly fast and easy to use. And the ink is cheap and comes in nice big tanks so you don't have to change it all the time. (Note, the unit comes with mini inks, so the first time around you change it pretty quick, but I think I am still on my original colored inks and it has been months now!)

All in all, I am very happy with the machine. The copies come out GREAT and the scanner seems fine. Haven't faxed with it, but I can't imagine it would be a problem.

Oh, and the model I got can accept a whole bunch of photo cards so you can print from the card directly. Cool.

Seems I have a similar machine to yours. I have the Brother MFC 210C and I absolutely love it! it also has the individual colour cartridges, but they last a good while. I also like the fact that the cartridges are not as expensive as other brands out there. I haven't used my fax feature yet, but I'm sure in time I will look into it.

Cheers

HP's...any with mult cartridges, if in color
quiverfull7 said:
Has anyone purchased an ALL IN ONE Printer/Fax/Copier? And if you have... could you share which one and if you are pleased ect? I need to streamline and update even though I live my printer... my fax is old and I have no copier and for both my businesses, I am leaning toward the Canon 530.
SO... since there is so much wisdom on this group about everything else... I am eagerly awaiting what your opinions are about this. I'm going to get one soon... might as well have the dedution this year!

I personally like the HP's, however Lexmark are good too. Just if you get a color printer make sure you have more than 1 cartridge or you'll always be replacing ink. I personally only use the name brank ink for refills, but my Mom teaches and assists others in purchasing computers and some have found the cheapy refill inks work fine, I can't afford to risk it so I stick with brand of printer for ink as well. Right now Walmart has a nice HP all in one for around 60.00. I got lucky and got my current all in one at Target last yr. for $40.00
and it usually sells for 70-99. Nothing wrong with mine, just caught a GREAT sale. My current all in one takes many different cards too, like Sony card, other camera cards, so you can print right from the card. The memory / storage cards.

My very first inkjet was a Cannon and it costs $ 600.00. I loved it but took too much ink and something else went wrong and never went with a Cannon again, I"ve loved all my HP printers and Computers too.

I love office depot for laptop purchases, but for printer's they're pretty steep.

I also have a HP all in one out in my garage, I think the printer is shot, but the fax still works, however since I have a cable modem and my cell phones work in the house I don't use the fax. I either go to my mothers and fax or elsewhere.

I'd be more than happy to send the all in one, but if the printer is shot, the copier to the printer wouldn't work. I"d only ask that shipping be paid and that could be pretty costly :(

As stated above, my mother teaches computers and assists others in purchasing and she hates the all in ones as if one thing goes you're out of all of them. I usually don't have problems so I like the all in ones :) Personal preferences!!!

HTH;

Liz

Last edited:

1. How do I set up my all-in-one printer?

To set up your all-in-one printer, you will need to follow the instructions provided in the user manual. Typically, you will need to connect the printer to a power source and your computer using a USB cable. Then, you will need to install the necessary software and drivers for the printer to work properly.

2. Can I print wirelessly from my all-in-one printer?

Yes, most all-in-one printers have wireless capabilities, allowing you to print from your computer, smartphone, or tablet without the need for any cables. However, you will need to make sure that your printer is connected to your Wi-Fi network and that the device you want to print from is also connected to the same network.

3. What types of documents can I print with my all-in-one printer?

You can print a variety of documents with your all-in-one printer, including text documents, photos, and even envelopes. However, the type of documents you can print may depend on the specific model of your printer. Some all-in-one printers may also have additional features such as scanning and copying capabilities.

4. How do I replace the ink cartridges in my all-in-one printer?

To replace the ink cartridges in your all-in-one printer, you will need to open the printer's cartridge access door. Then, carefully remove the old cartridges and replace them with new ones. Make sure to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and handle the cartridges with care to avoid any leaks or spills.

5. How do I troubleshoot common issues with my all-in-one printer?

If you encounter any issues with your all-in-one printer, such as poor print quality or connectivity problems, you can try troubleshooting the issue by checking for any error messages, making sure the printer is properly connected, and updating the printer's software and drivers. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lterman
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • jenniferknapp
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
hoosierchef
  • MomToEli