• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Color Printer Recommendations - Cost-effective and Reliable Options

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a new printer and recommendations for a good one. The recommendation is to find a printer that uses ink tanks instead of cartridges to save money. The conversation also mentions the importance of checking if the printer has attached print heads and suggests doing research and reading reviews to find the best fit.
MomToEli
Note: I think I'll try putting this in the right place now ... :rolleyes: -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My poor HP 6110 (All-In-One) is just about to die. It has served me well and will be missed.

As I look forward, does anyone have any recommendations on printers? Anyone figure out their cost/copy? I need color. Don't really need fax, though I would like to be able to scan. I could get a flatbed scanner if I had to have a separate unit.

Of you are getting a color printer be sure to find one that uses ink tanks rather than ink cartriges - It will save you money. We have a seperate copier/scanner I don't think they still make the Canon that we have. I use my old printer for making labels only.

That's true. We used to have a Canon that had separate units for each color. It was nice because you could replace just one.Check if the units have attached print heads. These can be good or bad depending on your printing habits. If you print frequently and use a lot of ink, then the heads on the cartridges get expensive. If you print infrequently and the head is part of the printer (not on the cartridges), then it will become completely clogged, rendering the printer useless. And it's an expensive enough replacement that it's a wash compared to buying a new printer.

Sounds like you have a similar Canon printer - WIth the head in the tank you need to make sure it does not go empty or it will damage the head. I can print a lot in draft mode with the tanks I have a old Lexmark that I use for making labels for recipe cards and catalogs and such

Hi there! Sorry to hear about your printer troubles. I know how frustrating it can be when a trusty appliance starts to give out. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I often use my printer for printing out recipes and labels for my products. I personally use the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978, which has been a reliable and versatile choice for me. It has color printing, scanning, and copying capabilities, and the cost per copy is quite reasonable. However, there are definitely other great options out there as well. I would recommend doing some research and reading reviews to find the best fit for your needs and budget. Best of luck!

What factors should I consider when choosing a printer?

There are several factors to consider when choosing a printer, including print quality, speed, cost, connectivity options, and additional features such as scanning and copying capabilities.

What is the best type of printer for home use?

The best type of printer for home use will depend on your specific needs. Inkjet printers are generally more affordable and better for printing photos, while laser printers are faster and better for text documents. All-in-one printers, which can print, scan, and copy, are also a popular option for home use.

What is the average cost of a printer?

The average cost of a printer can vary greatly depending on the type and features. Basic inkjet printers can cost around $50, while high-end laser printers can cost upwards of $500. All-in-one printers typically fall somewhere in between. Keep in mind that the cost of replacement ink or toner should also be factored in when considering the overall cost of a printer.

What are the top printer brands on the market?

Some of the top printer brands on the market include HP, Canon, Epson, Brother, and Samsung. It's important to do research on the specific models from these brands to determine which one will best suit your needs and budget.

How do I know which printer is compatible with my computer?

Before purchasing a printer, make sure to check the compatibility with your computer's operating system. Most printers will list the compatible operating systems on their product page. Additionally, you can also check for driver downloads on the manufacturer's website to ensure compatibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
elizabethby
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefbecky
Replies