• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

All Circuit City Stores Are Closing!!

In summary, all stores are going to liquidate soon, so you might be able to get some good deals. But the prices often go up before they go down, and the sale prices may vary from store to store.
WLMcCoy
If you have a gift card, you need to use it soon!! && all stores are going to liquidate, so you can maybe get some good deals!!

Circuit City

There's another thread about this... It's only the US stores for now. And liquidation sales are rarely good deals. The prices go up before they go down. I did snag some Wii stuff at 10% off though

Really? I didnt notice that. They kept all their advertised sale prices and discounted off of that. And our store was making deals on TVs beyond 10%. Floor models were up to 30% off

If they were honoring sale prices you got lucky. There was a tag on the shelf for an item I was buying that was on sale and they gave me a hard time and had me wait 15 minutes to get approval on a $5 discount! my local store had 10%, 20% and 30% off depending on what you were buying. I tend to get DVD's and CD at Target and they're a lot cheaper. Video game stuff is generally the same price everywhere so I figured I might as well get it there.

Mwalker said:
Really? I didnt notice that. They kept all their advertised sale prices and discounted off of that. And our store was making deals on TVs beyond 10%. Floor models were up to 30% off

I did pretty good there, too.. Hopefully in a few more months we can get some even better deals. I stocked up on DVDs for my video camera!

I went in on Saturday and the "sale" prices were higher than the prices were at Christmas, on televisions anyway.

I'm sure the sale prices may vary from state to state.

My husband is there checking to see if they've lowered prices since Saturday as we speak. I'll let you guys know if there's been a significant price drop.

Related to All Circuit City Stores Are Closing!!

1. What is the reason behind all Circuit City stores closing?

The company filed for bankruptcy in 2008 due to declining sales and increasing competition from online retailers. This led to the liquidation of all their stores.

2. Will all Circuit City stores be closing at the same time?

Yes, all remaining stores will be closing simultaneously in order to liquidate the remaining inventory.

3. What will happen to the employees of Circuit City?

Unfortunately, all employees will be laid off as a result of the store closures. However, they will receive severance pay and assistance with finding new job opportunities.

4. Can I still use my Circuit City gift cards or store credit?

Unfortunately, all gift cards and store credit will no longer be accepted as the stores will be permanently closed.

5. Will there be any sales or discounts before the stores close?

Yes, there will be liquidation sales and discounts offered on remaining inventory before the stores officially close. However, all sales will be final and no returns or exchanges will be accepted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
Replies
Views
gingertannery