• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot- Use Your Gift Cards From . . .

In summary, all the companies listed above have filed for bankruptcy protection. This means that they will not have to repay their debt (which they had a lot of). They will probably close some stores and scale back and "redirect" their company, but will probably not close altogether.
Kitchen2u
With the economy is such bad shape...we're going to be seeing a LOT more of these companies fold.

The following companies just filed for Bankruptcy:
Hollywood Video
Levitz
Sharper Image
Performance Team Freight
Linens n Things
Circuit City

If you have gift cards from the above list use them ASAP, they will not be valid for much longer...if not already.

PASS THE WORD.

Linens N Things filed for Chapter 11, which is bankruptcy protection. It allows them to not have to repay their debt (which they had a lot of). They will probably close some stores and scale back and "redirect" their company, but will probably not close altogether.

Circuit City has been watched for bankruptcy for awhile and I believe filed a few months ago already. They refused some buyout offers early in 2007.

Sometimes its not just the economy, its the management of money. Yes, even major companies aren't always good with budgeting and managing their money. :)

Wow, I'm suprised that Hollywood Video did. They are very popular around here. I hope they don't close.

From what I heard, Sharper Image is already not taking gift cards.

cathyskitchen said:
Linens N Things filed for Chapter 11, which is bankruptcy protection. It allows them to not have to repay their debt (which they had a lot of). They will probably close some stores and scale back and "redirect" their company, but will probably not close altogether.
But as far as gift cards go, chapter 11 is why Sharper Image wasn't honoring gift cards. They are considered small, unsecured loans to the company (or something like that). I had never heard this until Sharper Image filed and their gift cards were suddenly worthless (although they did, at least for a period, say that you could use the gift cards but it could be for no more than half the purchase price and had to be completely used in one shopping trip, and may have had a reduced value, too).

There were some places that you could use your gift card but you had to spend double the amount. IE: you have a 25.00 card then you need to spend 50.00 in order to use it.

Hollywood Video already closed here in my part of town.

I saw that Ryan's and Pizza Hut are in horrible shape too.

cathyskitchen said:

Tonight's news said they're closing 120 stores . . . the 3 closing stores in our area (Natomas, Tracy and Modesto) said close-out sales will begin in about August.

This news was on the internet in Feb 2008, please quit repeating email noise here....

I think it's worth repeating.
I definitely can't read every piece of news that is thrown at me through Yahoo, etc. If it's here I'm more likely to get the info.

I don't think I've ever shopped there, but I was surprised to the Sharper Image by me with going out of biz sales last week.

The only one that will effect me at all is Linen's and Things.:( I like that place.... but I only shop there like 2 times a year. If that's what everyone else was doing, no wonder they are going under!

cathyskitchen said:

It wouldn't be the first time they did that. All the Linen's-N-Things closed back in MN about 15 years ago, and it wasn't until recently, like 6 or 7 years ago that they started to come back. I used to work for them back in the day.

kspry said:
This news was on the internet in Feb 2008, please quit repeating email noise here....
Do you ever stop? :thumbdown: You are ridiculous! How about you quit posting if you can't ever be nice? Ughh... you make me ill with all your gloom and doom!:mad:
Kacey is not repeating email noise... she's only concerned and I, for one, appreciate her and her caring ways. Even if it's old news, it's appreciated. Not all of us go around harping on negative stuff, so maybe not all of us know this. So get off Kacey's back! At least I don't cringe when I see her name and post! Why, oh why, do you have to be so dang negative?:grumpy: Whatever, I'm done, I'm off to put you BACK on my ignore list:thumbup:

Wow- how truly sad. I pity you Kay.
kspry said:

Well, for those of us that don't sit glued to our internet news sources, this information was helpful. I seriously don't understand why you feel the need to be so rude and petty in almost 99.9% of your posts. I don't get it. If you are so miserable, and so filled with anger and bitterness keep your mouth closed.

I have sat by long enough and watched you attack people and spew your insensitive drivel and quite frankly I rebuke the spirit of strife and offense that you are trying to impart on this board in the Name of Jesus.

ADditionally, if it was news on the internet (like you stated above in your post) she was not repeating email noise. Email and internet are two different things. Your strife, desire to offend and rile people up is not appreciated and uncalled for- so take it elsewhere.

There is enough hatred, anger, beligerance and cruelty in the world without your adding to it. If you are hurting- get help-don't attack.

I'm sure we would all willingly quit repeating email noise and bow to your royal demands if you'd grow up and stop being such a Twit!

I find it sad and pathetic that instead of using the brain and gifts that God gave you to help, inspire and bless people that you've wasted your days trying to find ways to anger, hurt and offend people. Shame on you!:thumbdown:

I will be keeping you in my prayers and asking God to bless you and melt your heart and heal your pain, because no one with a modicum of compassion and courtesy for their fellow man would be as heartless as you like to portray yourself unless they themselves were seriously hurting inside.

MissChef said:
Do you ever stop? :thumbdown: You are ridiculous! How about you quit posting if you can't ever be nice? Ughh... you make me ill with all your gloom and doom!:mad:
Kacey is not repeating email noise... she's only concerned and I, for one, appreciate her and her caring ways. Even if it's old news, it's appreciated. Not all of us go around harping on negative stuff, so maybe not all of us know this. So get off Kacey's back! At least I don't cringe when I see her name and post! Why, oh why, do you have to be so dang negative?:grumpy: Whatever, I'm done, I'm off to put you BACK on my ignore list:thumbup:

Thanks for coming to my rescue, but it was Ginny that posted the info about using your gift cards. :)

Kacey,

I love you more today than yesterday! (sing it with me....) You rock girlfriend!

Also, thanks to Ginny. I appreciated hearing abut these as I do not keep-up with the news as well as I should and I wasn't aware of these filings.

However, Kayspry you may want to send your venom on over to the Atlanta Journal (ajc.com) for some odd reason they have also nbeen repeating this same internet email noise the past few days.

I always spend my gift cards right away,m but I can't say I've ever received one for any of these stores.

And PIZZA HUT is doing poorly? I better support that buisness. Pan pizza, here I come!

pamperedlinda said:
Kacey,

I love you more today than yesterday! (sing it with me....) You rock girlfriend!

Also, thanks to Ginny. I appreciated hearing abut these as I do not keep-up with the news as well as I should and I wasn't aware of these filings.

However, Kayspry you may want to send your venom on over to the Atlanta Journal (ajc.com) for some odd reason they have also nbeen repeating this same internet email noise the past few days.

Wow, I guess I never felt so ATTACKED than ever...I didn't know how to respond. Just goes to show you I don't read all the posts...my first experience with Kayspry...I definitely consider myself LUCKY I missed all the negative posts.

Thanks to all of you who said exactly how/why I posted. I was concerned that maybe "some" of you had cards from these places...that's all.

Ginny - just ignore her! I'm convinced it is just for attention! You're in a long line of great Cheffers that she has made a dig on so DO NOT take it personally! :)

Don't worry about it Ginny. We appreciate you. Many of us have experience her venom already and we now know not to take it personally - we still feel the need to stick-up for our fellow cheffer though.

I had no clue that these businesses were going under mainly cause I dont have one within 300 miles of me. My DH really likes hollywood video so he might be sad when they go. Do you think Hollywood is going because they have netflix now? Thanks Ginny for the info.

My mom just called to complain about a Milwaukee area Home Depot closing and the Linen 'n Things in Racine.Such is the cycle of business.I guess some big business closing doesn't bother me as much (even though it means people losing jobs) as does the small mom 'n' pop shops having to close.

pamperedlinda said:
Kacey,

Awww, stop, you are making me blush! :blushing:

Jennie4PC said:
My DH really likes hollywood video so he might be sad when they go. Do you think Hollywood is going because they have netflix now? Thanks Ginny for the info.

I know I stopped going to Hollywood once netflix started coming to my door. I do like Hollywood way better than blockbuster though.

Related to Ot- Use Your Gift Cards From . . .

1. How can I use my gift cards from Pampered Chef?

There are two ways to use your gift cards from Pampered Chef. You can either redeem them online at our website or use them to make purchases at any of our in-person events or parties.

2. Can I use my gift cards for online purchases?

Yes, you can use your gift cards for online purchases. Simply enter the gift card code during the checkout process to apply the balance towards your purchase.

3. Do I have to use the full amount of my gift card at once?

No, you do not have to use the full amount of your gift card at once. Any remaining balance will stay on the gift card and can be used for future purchases.

4. Are there any restrictions on what I can purchase with my gift cards?

No, there are no restrictions on what you can purchase with your gift cards. You can use them to buy any of our products, including those on sale or clearance.

5. What happens if I lose my gift card?

If you lose your gift card, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We may be able to issue you a new gift card with the remaining balance from your lost card.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • cajunchelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cajunchelle
  • chefann