• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Cleaning Tips for Sticky Stone Pans | Expert Advice from Lisa

In summary, some people recommend putting the pan in the oven on the self-clean cycle and others recommend using baking soda paste. Pam is not recommended because it will leave silicone residue on the pan.
ldynred7
I was out of town for a while and my large bar pan went in the dishwasher twice.. it now has a sticky funk on it. I tried baking soda paste and cressant rolls and still not clean, do you have any ideas on what to do next?

thanks.
Lisa

I have heard that if you put it in the oven on cleaning cycle it will come out brand new. Of course, I have never tried it but I have customers that clean their stoneware that way.
Dora

Not sure what to recommend. It going through the dishwasher voids the guarantee, as does putting it through the cleaning cycle of the oven. If it's unusable as is, and the guarantee is already voided, you could try the cleaning cycle of the oven and see if it works. I'd be too chicken to try that though. I'd really be afraid of it cracking. But if it already withstood the hot temps and pressure of the dishwasher, maybe it would be okay? Usually we all recommend doing what you already did. I'd let it soak overnight with a baking soda paste on it. Maybe take a brillo pad to it or take soap to it and scrub. If you soak it in soap, and it's a well seasoned stone, then cook crescent rolls on it again and throw them away.

Um, how would you put it in the cleaning cycle in your oven? You're not even supposed to have the metal racks in the oven when you put it on self-clean.

HO doesn't not recommend putting it through the self cleaning cycle, yes people do it but if something happens to it, it voids the warranty.

magentablue said:
Um, how would you put it in the cleaning cycle in your oven? You're not even supposed to have the metal racks in the oven when you put it on self-clean.

Exactly. Use the baking soda paste, probably several times. Use soap. Just don't let it soak in soapy water but then the DW already exposed it to soap soaking. Hopefully you'll get the stickyness off and it won't have a hairline crack from the DW experience.

The oven cleaning not only gets rid of the seasoning, it also makes the stone prone to having a hairline crack from thermal shock.

Yep, your warranty is voided.

The other thing to ask here is if you used Pam on it? Pam without the flour will leave silicone, the main ingredient, on the stone in a residue that builds up and gets a sticky and yellowish color. I use Bakers Secret with flour. Works wonderfully and never get a build up. The heat from the drying cycle and the spray lifted it off the stone just enough to make it noticeable. I have yet to find anything that takes it off. I have been trying for 10 years on my original bar pan. You need to use the sprays with flour as they contain very little if any silicone. Also, the stones are meant to withstand up to 400 degrees of heat. The cleaning cycle in an oven is much hotter. It does void the warranty and even if it does not crack, it has been proven to change the stone to make it more brittle and more porous. This can cause more problems later.

, thank you for reaching out for help with your sticky stone pan. I understand how frustrating it can be when a beloved kitchen tool gets a stubborn build-up. I have a few tips that might help you get your pan back to its original non-stick state. First, try using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water to soak the pan for a few hours. Then, scrub with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. If that doesn't do the trick, you can also try using a mixture of lemon juice and salt as a natural abrasive. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing and rinsing. If those methods don't work, you can also try using a commercial stone cleaner specifically designed for stone pans. Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully. I hope one of these tips helps you get your pan back to its shiny, non-stick self! Happy cooking!

1. How do I clean my stoneware after use?

After using your stoneware, allow it to cool completely before cleaning. Then, use warm water and a mild soap to gently scrub off any food residue. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stone. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel or let it air dry.

2. Can I put my stoneware in the dishwasher?

No, stoneware should not be put in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can cause the stone to crack or break. It is best to hand wash your stoneware with warm water and mild soap.

3. How can I remove stains from my stoneware?

If your stoneware has stains, try creating a paste with baking soda and water and gently scrubbing the affected area. You can also try using a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar. Let the solution sit on the stain for a few minutes before scrubbing and rinsing off. For stubborn stains, you can also try using a nylon scrub brush.

4. Can I use metal utensils on my stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware. The metal can scratch and damage the stone. Instead, use silicone, nylon, or wooden utensils to protect the surface of your stoneware.

5. How do I store my stoneware?

When storing your stoneware, make sure it is completely dry and clean. Store it in a cool, dry place away from extreme temperatures. You can also stack your stoneware, but make sure to place a layer of paper towels or a tea towel between each piece to prevent them from rubbing against each other and potentially causing damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • bridgetbakes
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • jodistrauss