• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice Please, (Not Pampered Chef Related)

In summary, the conversation is about a person who listed an iPod system for sale on Craigslist and received an email from someone claiming to be buying it as a wedding gift for their partner who is currently abroad. The email offers to pay $450 for the item and $250 for shipping through PayPal. The seller is suspicious of the offer and believes it is a scam, based on previous experiences. Other people in the conversation agree that it is a scam and advise the seller not to reply. The seller also mentions receiving similar offers in the past for other items on Craigslist.
tabnat80
Gold Member
Ok, so this has nothing to do with Pampered chef but I know you ladies would have some info for my question. Anyways, I listed an ipod system that plays your ipod over a docking station, on craigslist for $350 dollars. I haven't heard a thing from anyone until today. (it's been on there about 4 weeks). DH got this thing from work when his named was drawn out of a hat for a door prize. It's very nice and retails for about 400 dollars on radio shack's website. So, I get this email today asking if it is new and for me to get back with them asap. Here is the email below that I just got. I'm confussed.

"Thanks for you prompt mail,well am buying this for my partner who was currently transfer abroad as a Wedding gift and i will like to know the condition of the item,cause i bought something like this before and it was nt working perfect,please i will also like to know the model and the time you have been using it..so kindly get back to me with all this details so that i can be able to proceed with this transaction.
I will be paying you $450 for the item and $250 to cover up the shipping cost via the usps(Ems global express mail) but i will not be able to make a cash payment,so i will be paying you via my paypal email account,so kindly get back to me with your paypal id as well..thanka and i hope to hear back from you ASAP..

Regards.."

Ok. First off, this person had several typos and secondly. I don't know how to send anything abroad. Thirdly, this person offered me 100 dollars over asking price plus 250 for shipping. Is this illegal to sell to someone to ship overseas? I dont' see how it could be if it's a wedding gift for her partner. I'm just really confussed. Her/his language made it sound like they weren't from around here. I just need some advise. pLeaSE:)

This is a scam from like, Nigeria or something. They get email addresses from craigslist, recycler.com, etc... This is the same scam they use when saying they want someone from the US to cash out a check they received from abroad...they say they will pay you big money to do this for them...It's all a scam. Do not reply to it. Hope that helps!
Take care!

i may just be a pessimist, but, i think it sounds too good to be true... you may be braver than i. if they gave you a shipping address you could try looking up what it would cost to ship and see if it jives up... could they be confused on the possible exchange rates? i sounds hinky to me, so if i were in your spot i might thank them for the offer, but tell them it isn't availible or that i am uncomfortable shipping outside of the US. just my 2 cents...

nightowlnancy said:
This is a scam from like, Nigeria or something. They get email addresses from craigslist, recycler.com, etc... This is the same scam they use when saying they want someone from the US to cash out a check they received from abroad...they say they will pay you big money to do this for them...It's all a scam. Do not reply to it. Hope that helps!
Take care!

see that is what i was thinking too... i've only heard of the ones asking you to cash this huge check, and take 1/4 of it and send me the rest....

It is a scam - the same thing happened to my friend - she was selling something on Craigslist and the person "paid " extra for a shipping company to come and take it - ended up with a cashier check or money order from some bank in Tenn. (we are in NY) and it was fraudlent -

Follow your instinct - if its been on the list for 4 weeks with no bite and NOW someone wants to offer more - run!

Sure smells like a scam. IF something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I had the same thing happen to me from an ad I placed in our local paper to sell our lab puppies.

I received two phone calls via relay (for those with a hearing disability). The first one left a message and the other call was at 11:00 pm on Friday evening. They said they were calling from NJ (that is 2:00 am when they called). The first email was full of typo's and grammar mistakes. The second was better in the grammar and typo area, however, it was the same exact story as the first one.

Both DH and I said scam.

Have u tried putting it on Ebay? You could always use Buy It Now if you do not want to do the bidding thing.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

What are some good tips for meal planning?

1. Make a list of your favorite meals and plan which ones to make for each day of the week. This will save you time and avoid decision-making during a busy week. 2. Take inventory of what ingredients you already have and plan meals around them to minimize waste. 3. Consider incorporating a theme night, such as Meatless Mondays or Taco Tuesdays, to add variety to your meals. 4. Utilize a slow cooker or prepare meals in bulk to save time and have leftovers for busy days. 5. Don't be afraid to try new recipes or switch up old favorites to keep things interesting.

How can I save money on groceries?

1. Plan meals ahead of time and make a list before going to the store to avoid impulse purchases. 2. Use coupons and take advantage of sales and discounts. 3. Buy in bulk for items that you use frequently. 4. Check for cheaper alternatives, such as store brand products. 5. Consider buying produce in season and freezing it for later use.

What are some healthy snack options?

1. Fresh fruits and vegetables with hummus or nut butter. 2. Greek yogurt with berries and granola. 3. Homemade trail mix with nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. 4. Whole grain crackers with cheese and sliced turkey. 5. Avocado toast with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper.

How do I make meal prep easier?

1. Plan meals ahead of time and make a grocery list before going to the store. 2. Utilize kitchen tools and appliances, such as a slow cooker or food processor. 3. Prep ingredients in bulk, such as chopping vegetables or cooking grains, to save time during the week. 4. Cook and freeze meals for later use. 5. Involve family members in meal prep to make it a fun and efficient activity.

What are some time-saving cooking tips?

1. Use pre-cut or frozen vegetables to save time on chopping. 2. Cook multiple dishes at once by utilizing different burners on the stove or different racks in the oven. 3. Utilize kitchen gadgets, such as a garlic press or vegetable peeler, to save time and effort. 4. Clean as you go to minimize post-meal cleanup. 5. Plan meals that require minimal prep and cooking time, such as sheet pan dinners or one pot meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Brenda.the.chef