• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice on Reaching the Next Level With Limited Funds

In summary, the conversation is about attending a leadership conference for a direct sales company. The main concerns are the cost and timing of the conference, as well as the potential benefits for the consultant's business. Some have had positive experiences and recommend attending, while others have reservations and suggest waiting until the following year. Overall, the consensus is that the conference can be valuable for networking, learning, and promoting one's business, but it ultimately depends on individual circumstances and priorities.
micocina
Gold Member
Hmm. How many think it's worth going?:rolleyes: What I mean is... if money is really (really, really) low, what do you all think will be gained besides a lot of hoo rah, rah and more cc debt?::confused:

I am one away from being Director and reaching the next level is my goal for 2007, but there is no way dh will allow me to charge Leadership expenses.

Those that HAVE gone in the past, please give me some advice ;)

I'm probably going to be the lone turkey that feels this way, but if it's going to cause a riff with you & DH, wait until next yr. To me, nothing is worth that...I have cut back my biz b/c DH was getting mad that it took too much "us" time away. Don't get me wrong, he is generally supportive of my outside interests, just doesn't want NO time for us either.

Just my $.02. On the other hand, I have not been and I'm sure those on here who have can give you great feedback and the other side of the argument :D

I am attending Leadership for the first time this year. However, I would have attended sooner had I had the recruits to do so.

I heard wonderful things about Leadership. As long as you implement what you learn as soon as you get home, your attendance will help your business. Do you have shows on the schedule for January?

Lisa

I have never been to Leadership - I know that statistics show that it can really benefit your business to go - but the timing and location is just really crappy for me! Just after Christmas, when money is short, and always in the South (I understand why) I hate to fly - and flying out of MI in Jan is always iffy anyway.....my director has told me more than once that going to Leadership would give me the extra umphhh I need to promote to director - but I stubbornly hold fast to the premise that I can do it w/o going! I never miss Nat. Conf. though - maybe because that's only a 3 hr drive from home!

Why Leadership?From someone who finally went to Leadership last year - I tried the year before, but couldnt find a decent flight, was pregnant and didnt really want to travel by myself, it was awesome! Of course I got to drive to Atlanta because it was so close - it is kind of a mini national conference, only better - not so many women, everyone has the same goal of training their downline and promoting, and I found it more cozy. I even got to have lunch with my National Executive Director which was great because you dont really get to talk to them at National Conference because it is so busy. The classes are about recruiting, promoting and training your downline, meetings ideas - I cannot even think about missing it again.Noelle Williams
Sales Director (Promoted the month after Leadership last year)
Alabama

When I first started with PC I thought that it was way too much money for our company to charge us to attend their conference. I thought it should be free.

I started in May and did not go to national conference that July. I did go the following year and have not missed a National conference or leadership since. Both are awesome and are well worth the cost. Sales and recruiting are always much easier and higher in the months after a conference and you really do get much more for your money than you pay. Other companies charge much more for much less when they do their conferences (not just talking about direct sales) - ours is a great deal!

That being said, I am not going to leadership this year. Why? I needed to cut back to one conference for financial reasons and besides my day job is not liking me taking off for 2 conferences, an incentive trip and family vacation, etc. I hate that though - I WANT to be there!

I decided if I could only do one I would rather be at National Conference. I would have a better chance to see more of my non cluster friends at leadership because everyone goes together but there is something awesome about the conference with ALL levels of consultants. Oh, and besides, some of my adult kids and my grandkids live in WI and I use the Chicago conference as an excuse to spend a few extra days with them!

If your DH is against you going find out his true reasons. Tell him why you feel the need to go - what it will give you and your family. Once you both understand your motivations make a decision you can both live with.

Get into conference club! You get the money back if you don't go but you don't have to worry about that expense if you do!

I have never missed a conference and I really believe the education that we get is amazing. It can be expensive, and I almost did not go two years ago. I am so glad I did. My husband loves the changes in me and realises that the professional quality of training that Pampered Chef offers is actually very inexpensive compared to other training seminars.

Sadly, I have seen other directors choose not to go (for the same reasons you all listed above) and they lost their momentum. Some are still active but their drive for sales, recruiting and promoting is gone. I am not saying that if you don't go you will lose it all. It's just that leadership keeps me going strong and gives me the boost I need to rev up my team.

If you really want more but can't go then maybe take some teleclasses and listen to PC CD's. Try to make it three days that you are going to keep learning.

Good luck!

Having 4 recruits myself I have contemplated leadership. I think it would be incredible to be there but it just won't work for me this year. (money and child care) I hope to be a Director in 2007 at that point I feel it would be my duty to go for my team. So I am already trying to plan ahead so I at least won't have to worry so much about the expense part. definitely going to do conference club!

pchefjennoy said:
I hope to be a Director in 2007 at that point I feel it would be my duty to go for my team. So I am already trying to plan ahead so I at least won't have to worry so much about the expense part. definitely going to do conference club!

I am right there with you!!! I have a few potential recruits so I signed up for conference club for National conference in July knowing I will do that. Then if I am a Director, I will plan to go in 2008!

I loved your line though - "duty for my team" Awesome!!

Joanne

Here's my 2 cents worth. Money was even lower than we are right now and I went to Nationals, however I won a shopping spree, and gained lots of great info. It was a reguvinator (SP) for me. I came back and really got my but in gear and had 3 high months for me. It gave me that extra push that I needed. I did so well that I didn't even question buying my Dallas ticket.Well then you know when it rains it pours, and I am in a slump again. I know that watching new directors walk across stage, finding out the new trip, new spring products, and connecting w/ fellow consultants is everything I am going to need to get my butt in gear.I guess what I am saying that the money will come back to you if you go home and work the biz, and use the new tips that you have learned. Yes I stressed during nationals when I had to look at how much I was spending on food, and just window shopping down the magnificant mile, but next year that won't be the case.

Amanda - you can still walk in Dallas if you get all 5 qualified! I'm not sure what the cut off date is, but it would make sense to have it be Jan 1.

Well it's not realistic, because 2 were kit nappers, I have 2 active @ the moment, my first is trying to get enogh to reactivate. With the month I just had my energy is sucked dry. It's okay, I know I will do it by National's! Thanks Kate for the boost!

We are going on a cruise on Jan 14th. My husband is already groaning about the thought of me wanting to go to leadership. Then again, with the way my timing is, I could be way too pregnant to go to conf. in Juy. I guess I'll just wait to see what happens.

Anne- I forgot to tell you that I had a crazy vivid pregnancy dream last night that you were pregnant and I was mad at you because you didn't tell me! I hope it is true....

YeeHah...January marks my 1st anniversary with PC. What better way to celebrate it than being able to go to Leadership in Dallas. Everyone that I have talked to who has been to ANY conference, tells me it is so worth your $$$ and time.

I just signed recruit #6 last night - 3 are qualified and I still have a shot at the other two qualifying by months end. What a celebration it would be to ALSO be able to walk as a DIRECTOR in Dallas ~BONUS~:D

I love my personal PC business and wish my day job would stop getting in the way of it:rolleyes: ...

I hope to meet some of you there.... LOOK for me on the mechanical bull at the stalk yards - YEE - HAW!!! LOL!!!:eek:

gilliandanielle said:
Anne- I forgot to tell you that I had a crazy vivid pregnancy dream last night that you were pregnant and I was mad at you because you didn't tell me! I hope it is true....
That would be great! I would love to have you "mad" at me for that reason!

Well, I decided to go! I am leaving from LAX Sunday the 7th at 6:30am. Anyone else going from the Los Angeles area?

Related to Advice on Reaching the Next Level With Limited Funds

1. How can I reach the next level with limited funds in my Pampered Chef business?

One of the best ways to reach the next level with limited funds is to focus on building relationships with your customers and hostesses. Utilize social media, email marketing, and word of mouth to promote your business and offer special incentives for referrals or repeat customers. You can also consider teaming up with other consultants to co-host parties or events to expand your reach without spending a lot of money.

2. Is it possible to grow my Pampered Chef business without a large budget?

Yes, it is absolutely possible to grow your business without a large budget. Focus on low-cost or free marketing strategies such as social media, email marketing, and networking. You can also make the most of your existing resources by offering virtual parties or utilizing your personal network to host parties or events. It's all about being creative and finding ways to reach potential customers without spending a lot of money.

3. How can I make the most of my limited funds to invest in my business?

Prioritize your spending by identifying the areas of your business that will have the greatest impact on your growth. This could include investing in new product samples, attending training events, or upgrading your online presence. You can also consider reaching out to your upline or other successful consultants for advice on where to allocate your funds for maximum return on investment.

4. Are there any free resources available to help me reach the next level in my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, there are many free resources available to help you grow your business. Pampered Chef offers training materials, webinars, and a community of consultants who are always willing to share their knowledge and tips for success. You can also utilize social media groups and online forums to connect with other consultants and learn from their experiences.

5. How can I stay motivated and focused on reaching the next level with limited funds?

Set achievable goals for yourself and celebrate your successes, no matter how small. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, whether it's your fellow consultants or your friends and family. Take breaks and practice self-care to avoid burnout. And remember, success in Pampered Chef is not just about sales numbers, but also about building relationships and making a positive impact on others' lives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • KellyTheChef