• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adding an Order to a Host's Show

In summary, you can order a gift for someone as a guest on a show. However, you must pay for it up front.
pchefinski
Can we add an order to a host's show? If so, do we order as a guest with a past host discount (I have one), or do we order as a consultant? And if we order as consultant, do we get our 20% off? Also, the total that counts for show sales is that of the first subtotal--without sales tax, shipping or host discount--right?

Last edited:
We can't order as a consultant on a host's show. If we do a personal order, it must be entered as a personal order on PP. Occasionally if I have a family member or close friend wanting a product, I may add it to a show under their name, but I'd pay for it. Then the receipt would be in her name incase she needed to return anything. And it helps the host out because she may get to the next level.

another ethics question?I was thinking about this the other day b/c I know my brother wants the citrus press and a couple of other items. I was wondering if I should add it to an existing show and give it to him for Christmas....

But after reading another thread about getting the sweetheart towels and the question on ethics, I wasn't sure if I should do it.

Sure, it will help the host and it really is for my brother....but, I am actually paying for it and it will also help me too w/ the commission.

What are people's thoughts on this?

MSmith said:
I was thinking about this the other day b/c I know my brother wants the citrus press and a couple of other items. I was wondering if I should add it to an existing show and give it to him for Christmas....

But after reading another thread about getting the sweetheart towels and the question on ethics, I wasn't sure if I should do it.

Sure, it will help the host and it really is for my brother....but, I am actually paying for it and it will also help me too w/ the commission.

What are people's thoughts on this?
You absolutely CAN order a gift for someone as a guest on a show. I always have a list of things I want to get family members as gifts. I keep track of them and if I am working toward a promotion or need just a little more to get to the next commission level I will put an order in the person I'm giving it to's name and I put it on a show - hopefully also helping a host get to the next level too.

If I don't need to place the orders earlier and need to get the gifts (like Christmas is coming...) I will put together a catalog show. For that I just order what each person is getting and then add any stray orders that I get called in. Another "rule" I have for myself is that I don't spend more than I would have if I bought something besides PC.

This is all perfectly ethical. We can't order that way for ourselves but we certainly can order gifts for others - doing it that way gives them a receipt, helps our career sales, gives us commissionable sales for promotions and pay check raises and we actually spend about the same amount (eg. 20% discount vs 20% commission).

thanks for your thoughts, Beth.
I also have sent an email to HO requesting clarification on the topic, but hadn't heard back,yet.
I hope that you are correct, but I'm thinking that the term "personal order" isn't limited to stuff that we purchase for ourselves....
I'll post the response when I get it!
thanks,
maria

I have a show to submit tomorrow that is going to put me just under the next commission level for the month. I was going to add an order to that show under my husband's name to get me over that hump. I would of course be paying full price for it up front. I see nothing wrong with it.

(Turns out DH's aunt called and wanted a few things for Christmas, so now I don't need to place that order myself!)

1. How do I add an order to a host's show?

To add an order to a host's show, log into your Pampered Chef account and click on "My Show." Find the host's show in the list and click on "Add Order" next to their name. From there, you can enter the order details and submit it to be added to the show.

2. Is there a deadline for adding orders to a host's show?

Yes, there is a deadline for adding orders to a host's show. This deadline is typically set by the host and can be found on the show information page. It is important to submit orders before the deadline to ensure they are included in the show.

3. Can I add multiple orders to a host's show at once?

Yes, you can add multiple orders to a host's show at once. Simply click on "Add Order" next to the host's name and then enter the details for each order. When you click submit, all of the orders will be added to the show at once.

4. What if I need to make changes to an order I already added to a host's show?

If you need to make changes to an order that has already been added to a host's show, you can do so by clicking on "Edit Order" next to the host's name on the show information page. You can then make any necessary changes and submit them to be updated in the show.

5. Can I cancel or remove an order from a host's show?

Yes, you can cancel or remove an order from a host's show. To do so, click on "Edit Order" next to the host's name on the show information page. From there, you can click on "Cancel Order" to remove the order from the show. Please note, this action cannot be undone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
grgann
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayPT
Replies
Views
Admin Greg