• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Achievements in Education: My Friend and Sister-in-Law at 57 and 55!

turned out the way it did. I know you were only trying to help, and I appreciate it. Thanks for your kind words!
chefmeg said:
you know, it sounds like we have our own Jersy/Florida mafia Momma's right here between Carolyn and Morfia! I would not want to piss you guys off!

You got me in that mix as well!! I'm on it! :grumpy: That's my mean face!! :grumpy:

I just asked Greg to lock that thread. Someone just went on and said I sounded snooty to her too. GOD! :cry: I really only wanted to give her a reality check that HO may not approve it. My words always have to so totally analyzed. I know how Obama must feel.

I really just want it stopped. I don't want her chastized anymore - she was totally out of line with that language but the reaction has been duly noted. I don't want to be attacked anymore about it either. I hope Greg gets my pm soon and that he thinks it's a valid request.

I agree Beth. Here's to hoping it gets locked!!!

pampmomof3 said:
I agree Beth. Here's to hoping it gets locked!!!

Well it doesn't look like it is. Greg just read it and he feels with Kelly's latest post it's back on track. Whatever.

my stomach churns each time I see the post come back up again....I did notice that the perp hasn't posted her results from HO....hmmmm

chefmeg said:
my stomach churns each time I see the post come back up again....I did notice that the perp hasn't posted her results from HO....hmmmm

Ooooooohhhhhhh.. make me So want to post and ask her what ended up happening! :devil:

me, too Colleen! I just can't do it though for all of the other things that would just automatically come out of my typing little fingers!

finley1991 said:
Ooooooohhhhhhh.. make me So want to post and ask her what ended up happening! :devil:

I did ask but NOTHING......

I loved the story you told her Kristi....that must have been heartbreaking for you!

Well, I must put my $4.02 cents in.
(Just like gas,food and everything else my opinion has gone up in price. Price increases are due to speculation, too much demand for my opionion and crop failure.):bugeye::eek:

What's her face has deleted her post with her nasty name calling. This tells me that possibly she feels her post might make her look bad...and it does. She has now earned the honor of being put on my ignore list on CS. Not only did her insulting words earn her that distinction, but I did go back and look on her last 20 or so posts. There is nothing helpful that she contributes. Fortunately, she does not go postal crazy on her other posts, but there is no reason to attack anyone like that.

What you posted Beth was just stating a fact. She may have reacted to the rain on your parade phrase, but it certainly was not intended to insult her. Not sure if you all have read the rules to the July 21-25 booking prize thingy, but now added to that is many things that pertain to computer malfunctions, etc. In other words...if it isn't in on time, it isn't in PERIOD!!!!

I can understand her utter frustration of not just missing out on her June goal but having a computer crash, but there was no reason WHAT SO EVER for her to use that kind of language and that tone. There was no question what her tone and intent were. With Beth's post...it was all on your perspective but there was not one shred of a reason to go off on her and call her swear names.

Beth, just take the upper road with this. You know your intensions and how she reacted is her responsibility and not a burden to be put on you. Again, as I have posted in an earlier post, you contribute, give and support. What what's her face typed back was totally unprofessional.

Let the thread die and let her have her panick attacks. I have had panic attacks what she was having was a business glitch, not a panic attack. Neither are funny but neither should drive you to post obsenities directed at a fellow CS or DS'er.

There! And because the stock market is now is in a "bear" mode, my opinion has just risen to $4.22...sorry, but it just costs more to think this stuff up!

WOW! Gas didn't even go up that fast.:eek:

Thanks for your comments. Looking back I am sure it was the raining on your parade that did me in - I honestly was trying to be light there - "ooops... might have a problem here, don't want your hopes up too high" - everyone was telling her that HO was going to allow it and I didn't want her to have the crash if they were wrong. My family always tells me that I fail miserably at comedy - I should listen. Although I was not trying to be funny there - it was serious and she was stressed, I knew that. Personally, I want that thread to die too.

Kristi, thank you too for posting your story from last year - it gave a lot of perspective. I remember how upset you were but you didn't blame anyone else, reluctantly understood the policies are policies thing, picked yourslef up and now look where you are.:chef: I was so upset for you.

Beth, we know your kind heart and I am one of many that value your opinions and all of the help that you provide so many. And your support is never ending.

I am just so floored that some one would react that way and say such rotten things. If someone really felt that way and really felt they had to let someone know, why wouldn't they PM for goodness sake.

Must be us snotty "Jersey Girls" have some manners!!! Where's that pink nail polish?:D

bethcooks4u said:
Kristi, thank you too for posting your story from last year - it gave a lot of perspective. I remember how upset you were but you didn't blame anyone else, reluctantly understood the policies are policies thing, picked yourslef up and now look where you are.:chef: I was so upset for you.

Thank you Beth!! You are right, I was SO upset last year. But believe it or not, I've been a director for a year now! I LOVE IT!:D

<h2>1. How did your friend and sister-in-law decide to pursue higher education at a later age?</h2><p>Both my friend and sister-in-law had always been interested in furthering their education, but life circumstances and responsibilities prevented them from doing so earlier. They finally made the decision to go back to school when they felt ready and had the time and resources to do so.</p><h2>2. What challenges did they face while pursuing their degrees at an older age?</h2><p>One of the biggest challenges they faced was balancing their studies with other responsibilities such as work and family. They also had to adjust to the new learning environment and technology, which may have been different from when they last attended school.</p><h2>3. Did they receive any support from their family and friends?</h2><p>Yes, both my friend and sister-in-law received a lot of support from their loved ones. Their families and friends were proud of their decision to pursue higher education and were there to offer encouragement, help with studying, and provide a supportive network.</p><h2>4. How do they feel about their academic achievements at this stage in their lives?</h2><p>They both feel incredibly proud and accomplished. They have worked hard to achieve their degrees and are excited to see where their new knowledge and skills will take them. They also feel a sense of fulfillment and personal growth from the experience.</p><h2>5. What advice do they have for others who are considering going back to school at an older age?</h2><p>They would encourage others to follow their dreams and not let age or any other factors hold them back. It's never too late to pursue education and it can lead to personal and professional growth. They also suggest finding a support system and staying organized to manage the challenges of juggling school with other responsibilities.</p>

1. How did your friend and sister-in-law decide to pursue higher education at a later age?

Both my friend and sister-in-law had always been interested in furthering their education, but life circumstances and responsibilities prevented them from doing so earlier. They finally made the decision to go back to school when they felt ready and had the time and resources to do so.

2. What challenges did they face while pursuing their degrees at an older age?

One of the biggest challenges they faced was balancing their studies with other responsibilities such as work and family. They also had to adjust to the new learning environment and technology, which may have been different from when they last attended school.

3. Did they receive any support from their family and friends?

Yes, both my friend and sister-in-law received a lot of support from their loved ones. Their families and friends were proud of their decision to pursue higher education and were there to offer encouragement, help with studying, and provide a supportive network.

4. How do they feel about their academic achievements at this stage in their lives?

They both feel incredibly proud and accomplished. They have worked hard to achieve their degrees and are excited to see where their new knowledge and skills will take them. They also feel a sense of fulfillment and personal growth from the experience.

5. What advice do they have for others who are considering going back to school at an older age?

They would encourage others to follow their dreams and not let age or any other factors hold them back. It's never too late to pursue education and it can lead to personal and professional growth. They also suggest finding a support system and staying organized to manage the challenges of juggling school with other responsibilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • PCJen
  • General Chat
Replies