• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Achievements in Education: My Friend and Sister-in-Law at 57 and 55!

turned out the way it did. I know you were only trying to help, and I appreciate it. Thanks for your kind words!
DebPC
Staff member
A friend of mine is getting her doctorate this spring at 57. I'm very impressed!
And my sister in law just went back 2 years ago.

I'm 26 and FINALLY graduating with my Bachelor's May 23!! YAY!

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Was trying to helpWell, I just deleted the thread on CS that referred to punctuation. I got tired of being beaten up for asking people to try to make their posts more readable. It was getting too negative and that's not what that forum should be. I do not desire to contribute to negativity no matter what others may think of me.

I do find it interesting that they all attacked me even though a lot of other people made comments about spelling and other things that I hadn't even addressed.

I am aware that no matter how I word things or how often I explain what I mean, I will be the target. That's how it's always been. lol I know how Obama must feel.

Right now, I don't think I'll waste my time over there. My opinion has no value there anyway.

First of all ... your opinion IS valuable and if others can't see the value, it's not your fault. I've stayed off of CS for a while now for the exact same reason... I like to stay here where I am appreciated! ;)Please don't take it personally... some people have no class.

Don't let the minority get to you....and please don't stop posting there.
I have a new consultant on CS and I was telling her today that if she sees a post by you, she could consider it accurate.:angel:

Beth, you don't pull any punches. That isn't a bad thing. Please don't let those who can't handle that run you away!

And FWIW, I respect your accurate straightforwardness!!! You truly are a wealth of knowledge.

Beth,Although I didn't read a single word in that thread, I'm sure how negative it could've turned. I'm sorry but you are such a wealth of knowledge and shouldn't have to defend yourself to anyone. When someone has a question and you are the one that answers it, I know I'm getting the right answer so THANK YOU!!:D

my dear friend Beth....when I read your post this morning on CS, I was SO worried that it was going to go the negative route even though I knew you were trying for it to be helpful. I am sorry it did go wrong, but it isn't you! There is no accounting for crazy, spiteful people that just can't take a post for what it is worth. Please don't let this get you down....I do however, recommend that you don't visit CS for awhile, just to give yourself a break! I go once a day to check the Paige thread and only again if I need to find a file. It really has been better for my blood pressure!

You are one of the people whose opinion I value on these 2 forums, so stay over here where you KNOW you have a home! LOVE YOU!!!!!

Beth, dear, you have nothing to worry about. You don't know how often I want to correct spelling and grammar on that board (and others). Actually, bad spelling and grammar was one reason I cancelled my 123 By Request newsletter subscription! I want to present myself professionally! I'm sorry people couldn't see that in you as well.

Thanks for your kind words. You guys are great friends. I know I do have friends over there too but sometimes...

I haven't read that thread in a while so I haven't seen what it's turned into, but it's really a shame. Beth I know you were only trying to help, so it's too bad people are turning this into something else. I value your input and suggestions, so definitely don't stop posting!

:DHey, Beth -- feelin the love over here?? You are appreciated!

Beth, I didn't read the thread on CS, but I'm sorry that it wasn't well-received. I know that you were only trying to help. Spelling, grammar and punctuation are so important in making ourselves appear more professional, so it's really unfortunate that it was not taken in the spirit in which it was intended. Hugs to you!!

Mary

Beth, as others have said so wonderfully here, your input IS valued and appreciated on both sites. I have not read the thread where you were put down.(I have barely been on either site lately)

People don't take the time to realize that the written word has to be evaluated for intent and not "reacted" to. It is difficult enough in the "unwritten" world to stop to "act" instead of "react". An example that comes to mind is one of my customers that initially communicated through e-mail stated how she felt my use of the exclaimation point was intended as yelling or mad. She seemed quite upset but I explained to her that using that puncuation was my way of showing excitement. (The lady later stiffed me out of $216 from her party...whole other Oprah show!)

I should send her an e-mail that looks like this :)D):
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you!!!

With texting and instant messaging, the knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. has gone from bad to worse.

Beth, I look up to you for advise, knowledge, humor and friendship. As KG would say...
dont lit tha terkies git u dow n :D:D

I do appreciate all the good thoughts coming my way. I started this thread to let you guys know why I deleted the thread ...and I was licking my wounds. I knew you guys wouldn't jump down my throat. I so appreciate that we can share and even disagree without being personal on this site.

I'm over it and am moving on. Just got another May show today! A past host called about an adjustment and when I suggested another show she said YES!

Life is good.

Great news on your booking, Beth!! And so glad that you are not letting all of that get you down. Sometimes I wonder where people are coming from and what was so bad in their life to make them so miserable and want to bring others down.

I am so darn worried.:bugeye: I have NO May shows. No tentative dates, even. Plus I have not had time to get on the phone. I am getting home at 7 pm, by the time I get settled in, it's almost 9 and then it is bedtime.:cry:

Gotta run to get my work done and get home to get on that phone. Say a little Pampered prayer for me!!!:pray:

i am 22, will be 23 this aug. i take comm college courses for my AA right now. I have 2 wonderful children and am looking forward to finishing. best decision i ever made

Hey Ann, I am so feeling your pain about the May bookings! I have ONE show on my books right now and time is at a premium with baseball season in full swing:))) My plan is to get on the phone tonight and tomorrow night and I have a show tomorrow where I plan to push bookings BIG TIME!

Wanna challenge each other? I'll start another thread for that!

I've already posted here before that I'm in school but I just have to shareI just finished my FINAL paper!! and I graduate in a day and half!!! after nine years!

that is so awsome. Isnt it great when you can say I am done with school. Do you plan on getting your masters? When my baby is in school full time I totally plan on going back to get my nursing degree.

Jo-la-la said:
I've already posted here before that I'm in school but I just have to share

I just finished my FINAL paper!! and I graduate in a day and half!!! after nine years!

Congrats!:cheerleader:

Beth, I'm so sorry that AGAIN someone is so rude to you. Of course I stuck up for you but give me a break. I really can't believe she came out and called you a name like that.

Hold your head high girl! We love you here!

pampmomof3 said:
Beth, I'm so sorry that AGAIN someone is so rude to you. Of course I stuck up for you but give me a break. I really can't believe she came out and called you a name like that.

Hold your head high girl! We love you here!

Amen sistah!!!
We love ya Beth!
Oh, and Leggy - your reply was SO good!!!!!

Yes Leggy it really was!! LOVED IT! FOr some reason, i can't write my feelings down like that. I just turn to instant bitch mode. I think thats why I went the speechless route!

pampmomof3 said:
Yes Leggy it really was!! LOVED IT! FOr some reason, i can't write my feelings down like that. I just turn to instant bitch mode. I think thats why I went the speechless route!

I teased my hair up big, sharpened my hot pink fingernails, put on my spandex, and went all Jersey Bitch on her. I get like that when someone attacks my friends ;) Class and dignity goes out the window and I just get ugly...

Ahhh, once again I am in the dark -- can someone please turn the light on for me??:eek:

Oh, nevermind -- found it. So sorry Beth, I know you were just there to help (as you always do such a great job of!!). Blow it off, I am sure it was out of frustration. She deleted the original post, and the thread is probably best left as a closed subject.

We love ya!

The original poster just posted a sorta-kinda apology. And now she's taking her toys and going home...oy.

Good GOD! I just went and read that and goodness! Sorry Beth.And honestly, what happened to you is most of the reason I don't post much on CS any more. It's way too negative over there. People just want to bitch and moan and not be proactive about their problems.Over here, on the other hand, we do air our frustrations and once that is done, we move on to make the outcome more constructive. That's why I love it here. We have the best of both worlds.A lot of people over on CS are just bent on being miserable and are looking for anyone to justify their position.I hope this doesn't come off as harsh because it's really not my intent.

I really do try to watch my wording, I really do - I seem to be the one they love to jump on. I read my replies and read them again before I hit submit. But obviously, no matter how hard I try to help, if I am not giving the answer they want to hear, I am misunderstood and attacked. Many others can say much harsher things than I ever do and it doesn't become a big deal.

I am really tired of it all. I stayed away for a while but gradually went back. I thought I was being helpful again but then...

I just want to cry. Oh well, time to focus my energies where they will help me and be productive.

You guys are awesome! I love you all!

Don't let it get to you Beth. I thought I remembered her as being one of the people who posts infrequently but usually it's a lot of negativity so I reread some of her old stuff to be sure. I don't think she's a happy person in life.
And, if she really does decide to sever ties with PC - it isn't over just this, this incident only gives her the excuse she's been looking for to quit.

Seriously - that whiney, spoiled brat behavior gets on my last nerve.
I never, ever get involved with that drama, but it took a lot of self control this time. Beth - you are awesome and should not let self absorbed BRATS get the best of you!!!

Okay I missed it. Someone tell me the name of the thread.

:)Beth, to me you have been nothing but helpful! So don't let someone like that get you down. Look at everyone who is supporting you. Your Awesome! even if we haven't met in person (yet).LOL Blow it off and have a GREAT DAY!! :love0010:

Heh....love that you quoted her nasty post since she changed or deleted it. If you hadn't quoted it, she would have looked sort of like a victim. What a horrible way to respond! And what really sucks is that other directors are the ones who are sticking up for you while non-directors are not sticking up nearly as much. I didn't post anything because I don't want them to feel like it is an us vs. them thing.

Dear Lord.....
that's all I can say...imagine, Meg speechless!?!?!?

I love you Beth!!!

you know how I feel.
she was shameful.

missed it---But I would have had your back--

you know, it sounds like we have our own Jersy/Florida mafia Momma's right here between Carolyn and Morfia! I would not want to piss you guys off!

chefmeg said:
you know, it sounds like we have our own Jersy/Florida mafia Momma's right here between Carolyn and Morfia! I would not want to piss you guys off!

Oh my no! They'd probably put out some bizarre hit involving forged cutlery or the meat tenderizer. :eek:

that meat tenderizer is a serious weapon!

chefmeg said:

That's right yo!!
Youz tawkin tuh my Beth?? I'monna f*ck youz up...youz and yo posse.
(now pass me my curling iron, my Stiff Stuff hair spray, and my teasing comb...oh, and don't forget my electric blue eyeliner)

I feel like the frail little sister here - needing my big sisters to defend me.

I have always been "innocent" - you know: don't get it, naive... My kids are always rolling their eyes when I (honestly) learn something new that everyone knows or when they swear something happened years ago and I don't have a clue that it did (I think they make it up). I guess I don't focus on certain things. :rolleyes:

I always say we can only have so much in our heads so something has to move out to make room.

...and yes, I'm blonde.

bethcooks4u said:
I feel like the frail little sister here - needing my big sisters to defend me.

I have always been "innocent" - you know: don't get it, naive... My kids are always rolling their eyes when I (honestly) learn something new that everyone knows or when they swear something happened years ago and I don't have a clue that it did (I think they make it up). I guess I don't focus on certain things. :rolleyes:

I always say we can only have so much in our heads so something has to move out to make room.

...and yes, I'm blonde.

I'm the same way Beth...my family teases me constantly! I just never see the bad in people until they have rolled over me a few times! BUT, once you are on my list, you don't get off of it!

and I 'm NOT blonde, so what is my excuse???

chefmeg said:
I'm the same way Beth...my family teases me constantly! I just never see the bad in people until they have rolled over me a few times! BUT, once you are on my list, you don't get off of it!

and I 'm NOT blonde, so what is my excuse???

Oh, believe me, you don't get off my list easily either.:devil:

Maybe your roots (you know the ones under the skull) are blonde.:p

Beth, you're not alone... I was trying to figure out last Saturday how to meet up with a friend of mine... I asked her how I would know where she would be at the time I could meet her and her response was, "Ever hear of a cell phone? Why don't you just call me?" Um... yeah...I like to think that I'm "all that" but sometimes I'm not!!! ;)

finley1991 said:
Beth, you're not alone... I was trying to figure out last Saturday how to meet up with a friend of mine... I asked her how I would know where she would be at the time I could meet her and her response was, "Ever hear of a cell phone? Why don't you just call me?" Um... yeah...

I like to think that I'm "all that" but sometimes I'm not!!! ;)
How did we survive before cell phones?

I remember the luxury of being able to rent a pager when we were expecting our son so I could get in touch with dh from anywhere. That prompted us to buy one (until dh got one for work) so when we went out for the evening the sitter could let us know to call instead of trying the restaurant or our friends' house...

<h2>1. How did your friend and sister-in-law decide to pursue higher education at a later age?</h2><p>Both my friend and sister-in-law had always been interested in furthering their education, but life circumstances and responsibilities prevented them from doing so earlier. They finally made the decision to go back to school when they felt ready and had the time and resources to do so.</p><h2>2. What challenges did they face while pursuing their degrees at an older age?</h2><p>One of the biggest challenges they faced was balancing their studies with other responsibilities such as work and family. They also had to adjust to the new learning environment and technology, which may have been different from when they last attended school.</p><h2>3. Did they receive any support from their family and friends?</h2><p>Yes, both my friend and sister-in-law received a lot of support from their loved ones. Their families and friends were proud of their decision to pursue higher education and were there to offer encouragement, help with studying, and provide a supportive network.</p><h2>4. How do they feel about their academic achievements at this stage in their lives?</h2><p>They both feel incredibly proud and accomplished. They have worked hard to achieve their degrees and are excited to see where their new knowledge and skills will take them. They also feel a sense of fulfillment and personal growth from the experience.</p><h2>5. What advice do they have for others who are considering going back to school at an older age?</h2><p>They would encourage others to follow their dreams and not let age or any other factors hold them back. It's never too late to pursue education and it can lead to personal and professional growth. They also suggest finding a support system and staying organized to manage the challenges of juggling school with other responsibilities.</p>

1. How did your friend and sister-in-law decide to pursue higher education at a later age?

Both my friend and sister-in-law had always been interested in furthering their education, but life circumstances and responsibilities prevented them from doing so earlier. They finally made the decision to go back to school when they felt ready and had the time and resources to do so.

2. What challenges did they face while pursuing their degrees at an older age?

One of the biggest challenges they faced was balancing their studies with other responsibilities such as work and family. They also had to adjust to the new learning environment and technology, which may have been different from when they last attended school.

3. Did they receive any support from their family and friends?

Yes, both my friend and sister-in-law received a lot of support from their loved ones. Their families and friends were proud of their decision to pursue higher education and were there to offer encouragement, help with studying, and provide a supportive network.

4. How do they feel about their academic achievements at this stage in their lives?

They both feel incredibly proud and accomplished. They have worked hard to achieve their degrees and are excited to see where their new knowledge and skills will take them. They also feel a sense of fulfillment and personal growth from the experience.

5. What advice do they have for others who are considering going back to school at an older age?

They would encourage others to follow their dreams and not let age or any other factors hold them back. It's never too late to pursue education and it can lead to personal and professional growth. They also suggest finding a support system and staying organized to manage the challenges of juggling school with other responsibilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • PCJen
  • General Chat
Replies