• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure

In summary, a group of church ladies booked off a neighbor of mine and the show went great. However, one of the ladies had a seizure and fell out of her chair, and another guest ordered $315 worth of food. The boy was fine, but one of the Dad's from the son's soccer team showed up and started talking to the host.
susans_kitchen
So I think I've got one for the books, folks. Last night I had a show for my new recruit to get her off and going. She just had her mom and a couple of neighbors there. They all brought their kids by to play with her kids. Well, about 5 minutes into a 10 min cake, we hear the kids screaming in the backyard and all go running. One of their Akitias has one of the boys on the ground and is biting him. Her husband dove in and pulled the dog off and we rushed him in the house, and I called a friend of mine who's a nurse that lives right behind her to help. Luckly the puncture woounds weren't too bad, but bad enough that my friend thought he ought to go to urgent care. Of course, at this point I figure the show is done and I'm starting to clean up a bit. Just after they leave, another neighbor who we knew was going to be late showed up. So we decided, well, might as well forge ahead. Believe it or not, the show is at about $650 and that late neighbor? Ordered $315 herself since her high school age daughter is a foodie. She still thinks she may have other orders coming in. The boy is fine thankfully, he was over first thing to play this morning, so must not have scared him too bad.

:p OH my goodness! You know whats great though, you'll be laughing over this party very soon! I think it's going to be hard to top that as your craziest show!;)

Geez! That IS one for the books!!
I had one last year...a group of church ladies...about 45 minutes away from me - they booked off a neighbor of mine. Demo goes great...just about to serve up the food when one of the ladies goes into seizures & passes out...falling OUT of her chair toward tile flooring...I drop the food and run to get a hand under her head so she doesn't hit the tile. Paramedics arrive and in walks one of the Dad's from my son's soccer team (he's the paramedic) and starts making chit-chat with me. Oy... What a night.

My very first show.......someone had an allergic reaction to artichoke in a dip that another guest brought. Then.....a bit of background first....we lived in Japan in a high rise apartment building-9 stories, 8 apartments on each floor...kinda of like a huge plus sign. So.....one of the guests comes up to the show and mentions that she saw a 2 year old in the lobby just wandering around. My host goes down to help find the childs family...the police show up, they finally find the family and the child was reunited.

It all worked out since it was a $650 show on my first time out of the gates!

WOW!! You've got a great story when someone says "I'm afriad my show won't be perfect." My one consultant said to me, "I'm afraid I'll be embarrassed." My question, "Oh, has your bra ever come undone at a show?"

Have you finally learned how to keep them 'puppies' in Anne? LOL.

Nope... Those girls are trying to break away and run around to hide in back!

AJPratt said:
Nope... Those girls are trying to break away and run around to hide in back!
Hide in back?!?!?! :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: Maybe they need obedience school, lol. Maybe DH needs to find a good trainer ;)

I had to laugh when at my kickoff the directors were talking about embarrassing things that happen at a show and well, of course they mentioned my bra thing. Its a good thing I'm not shy!

Wow. These stories put my "my knife got stuck in the holder" story to shame!

I know a Consultant who was bit by a dog during her show. Then, when she was in the bathroom checking out the bite (trying to stop the bleeding), the Host opened the door to check on her. . .as she was standing there in her underwear for the Host and Guests to see. She finished the show. :0

chefjeanine said:
I know a Consultant who was bit by a dog during her show. Then, when she was in the bathroom checking out the bite (trying to stop the bleeding), the Host opened the door to check on her. . .as she was standing there in her underwear for the Host and Guests to see. She finished the show. :0
OK... THAT's THE WINNER!!!!

:eek: L O L !!!!!!! :D

Thanks for making my night!

1. What is "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure" all about?

"A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef that showcases the versatility and quality of our products through live cooking demonstrations and interactive activities.

2. How can I attend "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure"?

To attend "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure", you can purchase tickets through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also host your own virtual or in-person show to earn free tickets as a host reward.

3. What can I expect from "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure"?

At "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure", you can expect to see our top chefs in action, demonstrating the use of our products in creative and delicious recipes. There will also be opportunities for audience participation and chances to win prizes.

4. Can I bring guests to "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure"?

Yes, you are welcome to bring guests to "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure". However, please note that tickets are required for each attendee, including children. We recommend purchasing tickets in advance as space may be limited.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts available at "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure"?

Yes, there will be exclusive promotions and discounts available at "A Show to Remember: Last Night's Akita Adventure". These may include discounted products, limited edition items, or special bundles. Be sure to attend to take advantage of these great deals!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bentleymommy
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies