• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

(A Giggle for All)Cherry Almond Roll

In summary, the conversation is about trying a new recipe for a cherry almond roll cake. The speaker goes to the store to get ingredients but is missing almond extract. They decide to use rum and vanilla instead and end up not liking the outcome. They learn a lesson and suggest using alcohol as a substitute for extract. The conversation ends with a humorous anecdote about the speaker's husband's reaction to the failed recipe.
Kelley Sells
Okay, so I get the large bar pan :D Can't wait to try it....look through my new ALL THE BEST and choose the Cherry Almond roll.....I go to the store, get all my ingredients EXCEPT they didn't have the Almond Extract....okay....:rolleyes:
I get home it's Sunday, hubby is working, teenager is out w/friends and I'm HOME ALONE with doggie.....so off to work I go making this wonderfully looking Roll Cake....
I mixed it all up, got it in the oven, did the filling and thought "HEY, I'll use the imitation RUM extract....oh and why not put some VANILLA in there too?"

Hours go by.....I roll it, cool it, fill it, roll it and put it in the fridge, I trimmed it it looked GREAT....so I was testing it as DH was walking in the door, good thing I ate it first.....

Lesson? Rum and Vanilla with Almonds and Cherry IIICCCKKKK!!!!
But it LOOKED good.....:p :( ;)

Yikes! Some things you just gotta learn the hard way. Glad you tested it before you husband did. Had it been me I never would have heard the end of it! :D

I would have only used either the rum OR the vanilla

Don would have NEVER let me hear the end either.

Live & learn.
Sha

(p.s.

Yeah Yeah Yeah....I know....either or neither.....but NOT both....ick ick ick...it is still in my fridge though....LMAO......:eek:

Oh all that work!We've all made mistkes when it comes to testing a new recipe. If you ever run out of extract or can't find it, remember alcohol works too!

If you dont' have almond extract, check your liquor cabinet for Almaretto or a flavored liquor.

Don't forget to keep a record of what you've tried and what works for you. That way when your looking for recipes to make at shows, you can pull out your notes and offer what you know works. It's a terrible feeling to make something at a show that bombs!

my husband wouldve said well it dont taste to bad, take a fewmore bites and then throw it away, just not to hurt my feelings. but at the same time he would not let me make it again and him be the guinea pig!!!

one day it will make a great joke at your show while you are demoing this recipe :)

1. What ingredients are needed to make the Cherry Almond Roll?

The ingredients needed to make the Cherry Almond Roll are flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, almond extract, cherry pie filling, and sliced almonds for garnish.

2. Is the Cherry Almond Roll difficult to make?

No, the Cherry Almond Roll is a fairly simple and straightforward recipe. It only requires basic baking skills and can be easily made at home.

3. Can I use a different type of fruit filling for the Cherry Almond Roll?

Yes, you can definitely use a different type of fruit filling for the Cherry Almond Roll. Some popular alternatives include blueberry, peach, and apple pie filling.

4. How long does the Cherry Almond Roll need to bake for?

The Cherry Almond Roll needs to bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

5. Can I make the Cherry Almond Roll ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Cherry Almond Roll ahead of time. Simply let it cool completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Endora
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg