• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Difficult Loss: My Miscarriage Journey

In summary, Nikki had a miscarriage yesterday and is currently grieving. She recommends diet and nutrition changes to make sure that the next pregnancy is healthy.
nikkijo
I had a miscarriage yesterday :( I was about 5 weeks along, so if it was going to happen better now than in a couple of months. I just keep telling myself that the baby must not have been healthy.

This pregnancy was a pleasant surprise and we realized how much we want a child so I think we are going to try for another one.

I am SO sorry for your loss. :( I will be thinking about you.

I'm so sorry, Nikki! I've had 3 miscarriages myself, and 1 ectopic, and it's hard every time. It's especially hard for a father to understand the connection between baby in utero and mommy. I've named mine every time, because I usually had a name picked out already, and I can't use a name that was intended for another.

Good luck trying for the next one.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Miscarriages are difficult. Make sure that you start looking at your diet and add a multi-vitamin to your diet now so that you can make sure your body is getting the nutrition it needs to take care of a baby. May you be sharing good news with us in a few months.

Nikki,

I'm sorry. I have been there myself and I know that there aren't any words that can take away the pain. I will be praying for you as you grieve and that when you are ready to try again you have a healthy full-term pregnancy. Hugs to you.

Hi... I KNOW how hard that is. {{{{{ HUGS }}}}

I will send good thoughts your way!

So Sorry.. My prayers are with you and your hubby for good things to come in the future...
Andrea

I too have had a miscarriage, but it was quite a long time ago. It's always a difficult thing to wrap your mind and heart around. Try to think of it as God's will and not something that you did or didn't do right. Like you said, the baby may not have been healthy. Just take it one day at a time and slowly your heart will heal. You'll NEVER forget, but it will become easier to endure.

My newest recruit just had a miscarriage a few weeks ago also.

{{{Hugs}}}
I am so sorry. I, too, have had a miscarriage and know how difficult it is.
My prayers are with you during this difficult time and I hope that you are sharing some good news with us soon.
Just to let you know, after my m/c I really dispaired that I would never have kids...and I went on to have 4 healthy pregnancies in a row and now have 4 wonderful kids aged 6, 4, 2 and 5 months. :)

Nikki,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had 3 miscarriages before conceiving my daughter, so I'm certainly empathetic. Take the time to grieve. As Jennifer mentioned, sometimes it's hard for a husband (and others who haven't gone through it) to understand, so if you find that happening, know that what feelings, etc. you're going through are completely normal.

Big hugs,

Diane

{{hugs}} Sorry to hear of your pain. Take sometime to rest, and do something special just for you. Take care.

I am so sorry to hear about your news

I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Just remember, it is not your fault, it is not something you did or did not do. I miscarried my first child. I was 9 weeks. It is hard. I now have 3 beautiful children. When I miscarried, my doctor told me that 50% of all first pregnancies end in miscarriage. It doesn't make it any easier and others will not understand what you are going through. Just take the time you need. I always think about what kind of person that child would be...he/she would be 18 now. But, I bring myself back to that scripture...all things work together for good to those that love the lord and are the called according to his purpose. Someday when I get to Heaven I will get to see that child. That makes it a little easier for me. My prayers are with you. Don't give up.

I just logged on and saw this! I am so sorry! You are really fertile after a M/C so you need to get on the stick (so to speak, LMAO) and get preggo so we can be buddies again! I know it is tough!

I know exactly how you feel. My first pregnancy was a still born (baby died) at 4 months gestation and my second was a spontaneous abortion at 6 weeks. My ObGyn said that if I wouldn't have known that I was pregnant with the second I would have taken it like a regular period. It took me a good two years of trying after that, but nothing and then one day... suprise! My kids are now 11, 9 and 7. And if you didn't notice, they are all 2 years apart. Believe me I didn't plan them that way. It just goes to show that everything that happens... happens for a reason. Don't try blaming yourself for this, just think that something could have been wrong during the development and it is our Creator's way of taking care of us as much as it hurts. But believe me, this will pass and your time will come when you'll be able to hold your own little bundle.

Prayers of incouragement to you.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss Nikki..... I have had two miscarriages ..... BIG Hugs... what your going through is completly normal... your in my thoughts and prayers..

(((((HUGS))))))

Nikki, sorry about the miscarriage. It may be hard to digest this right now but indirectly it was better that it happened now and not further down the pregnancy and make it harder to deal with the longer you carried. Hopefully soon you'll have better luck! We are hugging and praying for you!

I am so sorry about your loss Nikki. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nikki, I wish I hard the words to take away your pain - I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your are blessed to conceive again soon since it has made you realize how much you want a child. Take good care of yourself...

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Hugs, Squeezes & PrayersNikki,

I truly send my heartfelt sympathy your way. Let us here on this site console you however you need us......

Can I recommend Mothering.com, click on discussions, then scroll through for the miscarriage/grieving threads. They have some very wise mamas on that site.

((((HUGS))))

You both have our prayers on your loss and on a better pregnancy next time.

Like so many others, I have experienced this pain - praying God's peace for you Nikki.

God bless you & your husband. You'll be in my prayers.

nikki sorry to hear that :0( but i have had 5 miscarriages and i was told that i couldn't have children, but i did i have a 9 month old son and i truely belive that god will help you and anwser all your prayers please try i know its hard but keep your head up and if you really want another one, just keep faith in god and in yourself. we all know you'll be a grat mom and god will reward you for that. my god be with you and your family
amber

Thank you for all of your kind words...u guys are the best!! My professors are very understand and I have the week off of classes to recoup. DH has been awsome as well. He was off the day I was spotting and the day it happened so that helped a lot and he keeps checking on me today. He really is the best as you guys are too.

thank you again for sharing your experiences it has helped me.

I am sorry for you loss. Some of my friends have had miscarriages. The pain will hurt for a while but it will get beter as time goes on. God intends things to happen for a reason, we don't know why, but he does. My prayers are with you and hubby.

I am sorry for your loss...my prayers are with you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you.:(

So sorry for your loss nikki!

So Sorry!I am so sorry to hear that. :( My prayers are with you and your hubby! Get better and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Debbie :D

Nikki,

So sorry for your loss - I also know what it's like to experience a miscarriage - you will think about it often but as time goes by it does tend to get better - mine was over 7 years ago but I was blessed with my daughter 1 year and 7 months later and have 2 wonderful sons who just adore their little sister. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your husband - take good care of yourself.

Gina Miller

Nikki,
You are in my prayers. I'm very sorry for your loss. I understand your pain all too well. It is better now then later trust me. If and when the time is right it will happen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
baychef
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223