• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Cozy Morning Watching the First Snowfall

In a large saucepan, heat milk and sugar over medium heat, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved.2. Remove from heat and add flavoring (vanilla or your choice). Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.3. When ice cream is done, scrape it into a bowl and stir in snow. Serve immediately or store in the freezer.In summary, Janet writes that their area is receiving light snowfall. She also mentions that their area is in the process of switching to winter sports such as broomball. Lastly, Ann shares that they had a light snowfall yesterday and that the ground is still covered in snow.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
...big, beautiful flakes are falling. I love the first snowfall. I think I may have to go wake up my son, (he is sleeping late after all of yesterdays festivities - and playing hard with his cousins) he has been so excited for it to snow.

Don't know if it will accumulate - but it sure is pretty sitting here, drinking a cup of very good coffee, and watching the snow fall.

Wow... Becky, does that mean that it's heading my way? :)

Hard to say Colleen - the whole "lake effect" thing sometimes means we get snow that you don't. And I am taking a vacation from TV and News today - so I REFUSE to turn on the TV, radio, or a News webpage to see what is happening!

BTW (for Colleen) I am using your 2 Bookings for Every Show Theory - love it! I have submitted 6 shows so far this month, and have 12 bookings. It is such a simple way to make sure my bookings are there! I am now booking February - because those are the only dates I have! Thanks!

Winter WonderlandOurs arrived yesterday, about 5:00. I'm not a fan of snow, but it is beautiful out. Everything (trees, too) has that nice coverage that just lights up the outdoors.

Luckily it didn't not arrive when the weatherman predicted. We were supposed to have it first thing in the morning. Every year my DH and I participate in a local foot race. . .nothing worse than getting pelted in the face with hard snow or trying to get up icy hills.

NOTHING! I mean NOTHING! ...in northern WI! Not too good for deer hunting time...We need snow here, LOTS OF IT by December 26th when the campers from Elmbrook arrive or it is a boring break for them.

janetupnorth said:
We need snow here, LOTS OF IT by December 26th when the campers from Elmbrook arrive or it is a boring break for them.

Janet,

You can have all of ours for the rest of the Winter. (Just don't tell my husband.)

It IS accumulating!:) The ground is white, and it is still snowing. I love this kind of snow - no blowing, just a steady, gentle snowfall.

But Janet, I know what you mean! "My Camp" is always praying for snow in the winter - not good for the cross-country skiing, or the tubing, or snow-shoeing if there isn't any snow - and it needs to be cold enough for the lake to freeze for hockey and other skating too! They just had a Deer-hunters Camp, I'm sure they were wishing for snow then, too!

We had very light snow most of the day yesterday - there's a light dusting on my car still. It hasn't stuck in the grass, but on the deck and on the garage roof it's still there.

Good morning Ann! How were the snausages and other finger foods yesterday?

ChefBeckyD said:
It IS accumulating!:) The ground is white, and it is still snowing. I love this kind of snow - no blowing, just a steady, gentle snowfall.

But Janet, I know what you mean! "My Camp" is always praying for snow in the winter - not good for the cross-country skiing, or the tubing, or snow-shoeing if there isn't any snow - and it needs to be cold enough for the lake to freeze for hockey and other skating too! They just had a Deer-hunters Camp, I'm sure they were wishing for snow then, too!

Around here it is Broomball instead of hockey. :) But all else the same! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:

Ok, have to hijack...everytime I see snausages I naturally think of the dog treats (like everyone else)...but then I think of the commercial for Beggin Strips..."dogs don't know it's not bacon". My 2 kids LOVE that commercial and last year would go around the house for hours quoting it...

Instructions to make your own ice cream treat using snow:INGREDIENTS: * 1 cup of milk (you can use soy milk too if need be - great to make for those who can't eat ice cream from the store)
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or add flavoring of your choice - we use syrups that you use in coffee, or chocolate syrup. (Raspberry and Irish Cream are 2 of our family favorites)
* 1/2 cups sugar
* CLEAN Snow (4-5 cups)PREPARATION:
Go outside and get 4 - 5 cups of fresh, clean snow. Don't pack the snow! Bring it in the house and set it in the freezer until you need it.Mix together the milk, vanilla, and the sugar. Stir this mixture until the sugar is dissolved. Slowly add the snow to your mixture, stirring constantly, until it is as thick as ice cream! Eat up!Psst...another good use for that stainless bowl and/or KitchenAid mixer...

ChefBeckyD said:
yummy!

Once people figured out that it was take what you want and go sit someplace else, it worked. I've got a mini baker of Crab Rangoon dip that hasn't been cooked yet - I'll take that to my Mom's today. I guessed fairly accurately on the food - had a few mini sandwiches left and veggies/dip. But everyone was satisfied. What surprised me was that the kids weren't into the theme more. They just picked. And my SIL was shocked that I wouldn't give her kids (8 and 4) diet soda. I let them split a Sprecher Root Beer instead. :)

chefann said:
yummy!

Once people figured out that it was take what you want and go sit someplace else, it worked. I've got a mini baker of Crab Rangoon dip that hasn't been cooked yet - I'll take that to my Mom's today. I guessed fairly accurately on the food - had a few mini sandwiches left and veggies/dip. But everyone was satisfied. What surprised me was that the kids weren't into the theme more. They just picked. And my SIL was shocked that I wouldn't give her kids (8 and 4) diet soda. I let them split a Sprecher Root Beer instead. :)

I NEVER give kids diet soda...don't like what is in it...I'd rather have my kids split a root beer any day. Of course, they love drinking milk 90% of the time.

I offered them milk, cider and water, too. Whatever. They're not my kids, so I can't really say anything. Although it did annoy me that the 4YO brought his horrific DVDs (Barney and Dora) and then threw a fit when we wanted to shut them off so that we could visit.

My son never gets diet soda....but Sprecher's Root Beer is his very favorite! He only gets it on occasion - but he LOVES it!

And Ann - most kids, when given choices, are too overwhelmed, and will end up choosing nothing - or choosing just bread.....that's the way Micah is. Also, at least with him, he isn't a very good "social eater". When there is alot going on, and it isn't part of his routine, he doesn't eat well either. He hardly ate anything yesterday until we got home around 7pm, and then he was scarfing down everything we gave him.

chefann said:
I offered them milk, cider and water, too. Whatever. They're not my kids, so I can't really say anything. Although it did annoy me that the 4YO brought his horrific DVDs (Barney and Dora) and then threw a fit when we wanted to shut them off so that we could visit.

I hate when kids throw fits like that!

Yesterday on the Discovery channel or another similar one there was a history of McDonalds and they had a critic on there talking about the "bad stuff" they have rather than the good they are doing with new foods and how they market to MAKE kids come in to get toys... HELLO! Who is the parent?!?!?!

Anyway, they showed a lady who brought her son twice a week who on camera said that her son (who looked to be 8-10) asks for McDonalds then starts screaming until she puts him in the car and takes him for lunch/dinner and his toy.

That just irked me - that is McDonald's fault how? :grumpy: That is a mom who needs to stop spoiling her kid. ...and watching the kid on camera, I couldn't see any type of physical/mental/emotional issue that would cause the behavior.

Ok, whew, end soapbox, had to get that out...it really bugged me...

Here in central Virginia, the temp is now 45 degrees....yesterday it was 75!
I really hope we get more snow this year than years past-I look forward to snow days!

chefann said:

Can I just say - that isn't his fault. His parents had complete control over that.:grumpy: It annoys me too when kids are allowed to run the show. He could have brought books, games, coloring books and crayons.....any # of things to amuse and keep him busy that didn't include disrupting everyone else.

(IMO!)

Okay Janet - so it annoys both of us ~ and we are parents! So Ann, you had a right to be annoyed!

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay Janet - so it annoys both of us ~ and we are parents! So Ann, you had a right to be annoyed!

Tee-hee-hee - I was laughing when I read yours...we were probably both typing and venting at the same time!

He had toys and coloring stuff, just didn't want to play with them. And his b'day was earlier this month so he had a gift from DH and me that he could play with, too (a train set).I totally agree that the parents need to set the rules and boundaries. A good example of this is my WI sister. Her kids very, very rarely get dinner/lunch out, and only get to watch 30 minutes of TV a day (and they don't have cable, so it's PBS Kids or nothing). They do have occasional tantrums (what kid doesn't?), but they're few and far between and better controllable.

chefann said:
He had toys and coloring stuff, just didn't want to play with them. And his b'day was earlier this month so he had a gift from DH and me that he could play with, too (a train set).

I totally agree that the parents need to set the rules and boundaries. A good example of this is my WI sister. Her kids very, very rarely get dinner/lunch out, and only get to watch 30 minutes of TV a day (and they don't have cable, so it's PBS Kids or nothing). They do have occasional tantrums (what kid doesn't?), but they're few and far between and better controllable.

Micah gets to watch PBS Kids - and Good Eats!:D

He does throw tantrums....but is learning that they get him nowhere.

And if there had been a train set there, he wouldn't have had eyes for ANYTHING else! That kid loves trains!

ChefBeckyD said:
Micah gets to watch PBS Kids - and Good Eats!:D

He does throw tantrums....but is learning that they get him nowhere.

And if there had been a train set there, he wouldn't have had eyes for ANYTHING else! That kid loves trains!

Kyle too - let me just say, "GEO TRAX!"

He loves Thomas but LOVES making his own tracks with Geo Trax. I had a track across my entire living room and headed down the hall yesterday (granted I have a small house). ...and yes, I made him clean it all up and put it in the tote before he played with puzzles. ;)

Now to get the oldest to clean like that... :rolleyes: ...and I mean DD not DH.

janetupnorth said:
Kyle too - let me just say, "GEO TRAX!"

He loves Thomas but LOVES making his own tracks with Geo Trax. I had a track across my entire living room and headed down the hall yesterday (granted I have a small house). ...and yes, I made him clean it all up and put it in the tote before he played with puzzles. ;)

Now to get the oldest to clean like that... :rolleyes: ...and I mean DD not DH.

Ahhh, our boys have a lot in common too! Micah loves putting together the Geo Trax track too.

Yesterday, Micah was introduced to K'nex's by his older cousin - He was totally fascinated - sat for the longest time just watching Ryan build with them, and now has decided he NEEDS some of those.

As a side note, his cousin Ryan just won a nation-wide K'nex contest - came in top in his age group (7-8 yr olds) and won an All Expenses Paid Trip to NYC for himself and his mom and dad. He will be given his award at a ceremony at the Toys r Us at Times Square, and a gift certificate for shopping! We are all so proud of him!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Ahhh, our boys have a lot in common too! Micah loves putting together the Geo Trax track too.

Yesterday, Micah was introduced to K'nex's by his older cousin - He was totally fascinated - sat for the longest time just watching Ryan build with them, and now has decided he NEEDS some of those.

As a side note, his cousin Ryan just won a nation-wide K'nex contest - came in top in his age group (7-8 yr olds) and won an All Expenses Paid Trip to NYC for himself and his mom and dad. He will be given his award at a ceremony at the Toys r Us at Times Square, and a gift certificate for shopping! We are all so proud of him!:D

Wow! That is cool!

Note to self...keep DS away from Knex...he'll want them! :cry:

DS (a.k.a. Mom) asked for puzzles for his birthday/Christmas. He is about to turn 4 and I realized that I hadn't let him play with any puzzles since he was 1! Yikes! Anyway, I bought a puzzle to make as a family and dumb me went and got a 1000 piece puzzle. Well, we (DS and I) did get it done in 3 nights - not too bad. Anyway, DS picked out EVERY piece what had even a spec of the train on it. I figured if he was that detailed time for real puzzles. I gave him a few 24 piece regular puzzles and he put them together himself without help or the picture. So, time to encourage that and asked for some 48-60 piece ones for him for Christmas. I figured cheap gift for relatives...only $1.50-$2.50 at Fleet Farm and hours of fun...

janetupnorth said:
Wow! That is cool! Note to self...keep DS away from Knex...he'll want them! :cry: DS (a.k.a. Mom) asked for puzzles for his birthday/Christmas. He is about to turn 4 and I realized that I hadn't let him play with any puzzles since he was 1! Yikes! Anyway, I bought a puzzle to make as a family and dumb me went and got a 1000 piece puzzle. Well, we (DS and I) did get it done in 3 nights - not too bad. Anyway, DS picked out EVERY piece what had even a spec of the train on it. I figured if he was that detailed time for real puzzles. I gave him a few 24 piece regular puzzles and he put them together himself without help or the picture. So, time to encourage that and asked for some 48-60 piece ones for him for Christmas. I figured cheap gift for relatives...only $1.50-$2.50 at Fleet Farm and hours of fun...
We have requested puzzles and games - you probably already have the games, because your DD is older, but Micah is suddenly interested in Chutes and Ladders, and Memory, and Candy Land......he also says he wants "Nonopoly", but I think we will wait a couple more years for that. He loves to play with our Blokus Board though - he doesn't understand the strategy part yet, but he loves fitting pieces together.Have you ever played Blokus? - that is ONE ADDICTIVE GAME!

ChefBeckyD said:
We have requested puzzles and games - you probably already have the games, because your DD is older, but Micah is suddenly interested in Chutes and Ladders, and Memory, and Candy Land......he also says he wants "Nonopoly", but I think we will wait a couple more years for that. He loves to play with our Blokus Board though - he doesn't understand the strategy part yet, but he loves fitting pieces together.

Have you ever played Blokus? - that is ONE ADDICTIVE GAME!

No, great all I need ANOTHER addiction! ;)

One of them has Mastermind for Kids on their list...

Kyle has Hi-Ho Cherry-O on his although I realized when he was playing Hide-n-Seek with sister he was counting up to 27 suddenly...Mom didn't teach him that! :eek: Of course after twenty-seven came this new number...eleventeen...

Blokus

It has won all sorts of awards - and is recommended by Mensa!
Our whole family is addicted - thanks to DH and me! Instead of other gifts, last year for Christmas, I found them online for $19.99 w/ free shipping, and we bought "family gifts" for all of our brothers and sisters (5 families) and gave them the game with homemade hot cocoa mix and snack mix for an "Instant Game Night".

Oh, and eleventeen isn't a number? I'll have to let Micah know - because that is one of his favorites - and it seems to get thrown in wherever he can't remember what comes next!:D

Oh my! It looks like Tetris - I WILL be addicted...reading more now...

Becky...you can have all of my snow. We don't have any yet...probably not until Christmas. I think snow is very pretty, but being the cold-natured person I am, I would rather not have it. I would love to go try my hand at skiing, but the need for warmth keeps me at home...LOL My family loves snow icecream also. If the kids will go out and get the snow, I will make it for them.

I'm a true Michigan Girl.......I love all four seasons! I lived in SC for 6 years, and got homesick every time the seasons were supposed to change...and didn't.

We are visiting family in the Oklahoma panhandle and we are getting our first snowfall, too. I love it!

TEXAS got snow yesterday!!! Huge flakes too! Of course it didn't stick. We also had sleet and then light rain. If you watched the Cowboy game you could see it! It was pretty cool! We don't get snow very much here!

smspamperedchef said:
TEXAS got snow yesterday!!! Huge flakes too! Of course it didn't stick. We also had sleet and then light rain. If you watched the Cowboy game you could see it! It was pretty cool! We don't get snow very much here!
I noticed that. I want to know what kind of hair spray Kelly Clarkston uses - her hair was perfect.....mine would have been total frizz in that weather!

Thank goodness the snow has not stuck. Of course, my 12 year old son wants snow so he can go snowboarding. Sorry, Becky, I don't appreciate snow. We were driving home from my parents when it started coming down. It's strange. There are still yellow, bright orange and red leaves on some of the trees.

pamperedlinda said:
I noticed that. I want to know what kind of hair spray Kelly Clarkston uses - her hair was perfect.....mine would have been total frizz in that weather!

OK, hijack, but Kelly's performance was awful! Maybe it was the cold weather but she was struggling a little bit.

Ok, it started snowing here yesterday afternoon. They said we were getting an inch or so, but I'd say we got several. It looks so pretty, but I wanted to get my decorations up today!

On a side note, I played Blokus this summer for the first time. My sis brought it on our vacation. My 8yr old & I were hooked!

ChefBeckyD said:
Blokus

It has won all sorts of awards - and is recommended by Mensa!
Our whole family is addicted - thanks to DH and me! Instead of other gifts, last year for Christmas, I found them online for $19.99 w/ free shipping, and we bought "family gifts" for all of our brothers and sisters (5 families) and gave them the game with homemade hot cocoa mix and snack mix for an "Instant Game Night".

We have that one at church. The Furry Guy and the rest of the kids :rolleyes: love it. Another really good one is Abalone.

Don't get me started on kids who always get what they want.

Back to the original topic, we had flurries all day yesterday. It sure adds to the Christmas feel for shopping. Nothing stuck, just pretty sparkles in the air.

Related to A Cozy Morning Watching the First Snowfall

1. What is the best type of coffee to enjoy on a cozy morning watching the first snowfall?

The best type of coffee to enjoy on a cozy morning watching the first snowfall would be a rich, flavorful blend. Our Pampered Chef Deluxe Coffee Blend is a perfect choice, with its full-bodied taste and smooth finish.

2. How can I make my morning coffee even more enjoyable while watching the snow fall?

You can make your morning coffee even more enjoyable by adding some festive flavors, such as cinnamon or peppermint. Our Pampered Chef Coffee Syrups are a great way to add a touch of flavor to your coffee without overpowering the taste.

3. Is it safe to wake up my child to enjoy the first snowfall?

It is generally safe to wake up your child to enjoy the first snowfall, as long as they are well-rested and bundled up properly. However, it's always a good idea to check the weather conditions and temperature before venturing outside.

4. What are some fun activities to do with my child while watching the snow fall?

There are many fun activities you can do with your child while watching the snow fall, such as building a snowman, having a snowball fight, or making snow angels. You can also bring some of the snow indoors and do some fun crafts or experiments with it.

5. Will the snowfall accumulate and how can I prepare for it?

It's difficult to predict if the snowfall will accumulate, but it's always a good idea to be prepared. Make sure you have enough warm clothes and supplies, such as shovels and salt, in case the snow does accumulate. You can also check with your local weather forecast for more accurate information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies