• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$500 From the Ruby Ring! Help?!?!

In summary, the author is $500 away from selling enough for the Ruby Ring and is hoping to find a way to reach their goal before Friday, April 30th. They are setting up at their community center on Friday, April 30th to sell to the gang that comes in for Zumba. They are trying to come up with a flyer suggestion to promote this event to the people who come on Monday nights and Friday nights. If they buy only the certificate, they do not have to pay shipping, but if they buy a larger certificate or combo it with actual items and spend over $60, they can still get a free guest special
batroark
Gold Member
I am $500 away from selling enough for the Ruby Ring and I am pretty well at the end of my rope. I am setting up at my community center on Friday, April 30th to hopefully sell to the gang that comes in for Zumba. Does anyone have a flyer suggestion on trying to promote this to them? They come on Monday nights and Friday nights. I am trying to come up with some sort of flyer to entice them to bring back their cash for Friday night while I am there to buy for Mother's Day, Graduation, weddings, and everything else for that matter. I am trying to think on the healthy side of things also. I can't be this close to the Ruby Ring to not reach it.....

Here's a completely different idea. You could do a sale on gift certificates. You could sell $50 gift certificates for $40 (or $60 for $50). Enter them on a show and you can still get the host credit. You would cover the additional $10 for each, but you will earn commission on the amount as well, so depending where you are for the month (I'm assuming you're over 25% if you are that close to the ring), you might not make a lot of commission, but you'll get to goal and get the host rewards. You could also email this out and let everyone know that there are only 9 or 10 available, and they are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If they buy only the certificate, they do not pay shipping. But, if they buy a larger certificate, or combo it with actual items and spend over $60, they can still get a free guest special. Keep in mind if they buy over $60 in certificates only, and they want the free towel, they can get it, but they will have to pay the $4.25 shipping.

Just an idea. Gift certificates make great wedding, Mother's Day, shower, grad gifts, bday, anniversary gifts, etc.

I really like this idea!!!!! I am new and this may sound like a dumb question, but what are the in's and out's of the gift certificate program? Are they good with any consultant? Is it a card from the company?

lesliec said:
I really like this idea!!!!! I am new and this may sound like a dumb question, but what are the in's and out's of the gift certificate program? Are they good with any consultant? Is it a card from the company?

The gift certificate is a card from PC. It can only be used on the main PC website, not at a show or through a consultant. Since you've already received commission on it when it was sold, PC redeems it directly. This is why many consultants make their own GCs for promotions, because if the customer buys more than the value of the GC, no one gets credit for that with the PC GCs. However, for your situation, this may be something that could work.

Also, make sure EVERYONE knows how close you are. Call, call, call, ask, ask, ask until the absolute last minute and you have no more time.

The company sends out a certificate - I think it's paper - not 100% sure if that is what they still do. The recipient then redeems it directly with the company. You get the commission off of the sale of the certificate. You enter them on the show on the customer order. There is a tab for gift certificates - they can order one or multiples and have the certicates sent directly to them or to the person they want to give it to. Take a look at that tab and you'll see the details.

The one disadvantage of PC issued Gift Certificates is that the recipient does have to redeem them directly with the company which means they have to pay direct shipping. Also, I'm not sure who gets the commission if the guest wants more than the certificate is worth and then pays the overage. Maybe someone else out there knows that answer. But, for the intents of reaching your goal, this could be a great way to go about it.

Sorry....I was typing the response when I got a call from a host and noticed that your question was answered. Sorry for the duplicate.

The year I earned my ring, I offered a 25% off all orders over $100. One person alone ordered $500 worth of stuff and I earned my ring.Will your husband take the catalog to work? That helped me that year too. One of his coworkers ordered full price cookware. :D

Thanks girls for all your posts so far. And to answer to the previous post...my husband has been laid off since last March from Union Pacific which is one reason I have been bustin' my tail this past year to get this close to my goal. PC is my full-time job and with him laid off only drawing Unemployment I have had to step it up and work harder to make ends meet.

I needed to go to the grocery store to get biscuits just before supper and a lady was stopped right infront of the biscuits and looked at me and ask me for a catalog and said she wanted a set of cookware!!!! I believe God meant for me and her to meet like that to spark the conversation. I told her about my goal and told her if she ordered before the end of the month I would put it in as a show and help her get some free products as well. I am on the phone calling and asking everyone! I said a prayer all the way back home telling HIM I know this is not necessary but please guide me through the 30th!

I CAN DO THIS BY THE GRACE OF GOD....IT IS HIS WILL!

Angela, I'll be praying for you, too!! It will be awesome to see His hand working, and I will be dancing like David when you post you've got the ruby!!

Awww, thanks Sarah! I would love for you to dance with me! I know that had to be Gods work tonight in the grocery store. I had a chill go all down me when she ask me for a catalog, and I walked away with tears in my eyes like something glorious just happened. One of my favorite references to the bible is your Luke 10:27!

batroark said:
I needed to go to the grocery store to get biscuits just before supper and a lady was stopped right infront of the biscuits and looked at me and ask me for a catalog and said she wanted a set of cookware!!!!

WOW!!! It is probably better you said praise God instead of...well butter my biscuits!!! Sorry...I just couldn't help myself!!!

I was going to add that face to face contact verse a flyer will work better especially since it is major crunch time. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have a feeling that you are going to be earning that ring!!!:chef:

Ann, you're too funny!Angela, I forgot to ask - I'm assuming the woman didn't see 'desperate PC Consultant' written on your face, so was it a logo wear shirt, or the catalog tote?

pampchefsarah said:
Ann, you're too funny!

Angela, I forgot to ask - I'm assuming the woman didn't see 'desperate PC Consultant' written on your face, so was it a logo wear shirt, or the catalog tote?

Thanks...or Angela, it wasn't because you were on your knees begging everyone by the biscuits was it???? Did your hubby pin a sign to your back? "PLEASE buy something from my wife...she SOOO deserves a Ruby ring for all of her hard work"

For someone to part with the cost of our cookware, I bet it was more an answer from above!:angel:

Now THESE are the kind of ideas I was looking for! Too late for the e-mail but TRUST ME when I say the gift certificate sale will be brought up to every person I talk to tomorrow!

You girls are just too funny! Thank goodness I am needing my dose of laughter on this Monday morning...cuz I just got it!! I ALWAYS carry my catalog tote around with me. That is considered my purse! I wouldn't doubt that hubby didn't post something on my back saying I was desperate!!!!!!!!! It was definitely an answer from above. For a bit I almost pinched myself. I had a dream last night that I had went into someones house to do a party, had everything set up, and the host told me it was another consultants show and I had to leave. I think that falls under nightmare at this point! I am definitely saying my prayers!!!

Don't you just LOVE IT when God gives your clear and certain evidence that He loves you???? I am 1115.23 away as of this morning. 10 days ago I was $4000 away! I sent an email to all my past hosts and another to my entire contact list. I am doing two mystery host shows. One is for past hosts only and one for everyone else. All they have to do is get a min. order of $25 from one person and submit one order for themselves of $25 or more and they will be in the drawing to win ALL the host benefits. I'm also doing 3 prizes in addition but those shows are at $300 and $602 and I'll be making calls ALL WEEK! GOD is SO in the middle of all of this and SO in the biscuit aisle!!!!!!!! I will not lie, I want this award but more and more, I want it as the month progresses so that I can give HIM all the glory... I could NOT conceive 10 days ago that I would be anywhere near close to it and it truly is all to HIS GLORY! I may just have to go and hang out in the biscuit ailse myself and see who He sends me! :) Really I'll be on the phone with every host that hasn't contacted me yet to try and push that show over the top!

don't be afraid to ask for help. People truly want to help knowing they are helping someone. GET ON THAT PHONE and call anyone and everyone who has ever placed an order with you. Make it a mystery hostess catalog show and give away benefits for certain things such as: ordering $40-receive a ticket, ordering $60- receive 2 tickets, Ordering the trifle bowl and saving $10.50- 5 tickets, etc, spend $100 save 25% off- earn xxx tickets, you get the idea. Walk the streets-literally and talk to all your neighbors and share your goal. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Just an update on the progress. I have had a few orders from sending out a message on facebook and an email about the trifle bowl special. I feel very confident about making my goal. I have not YET heard from the biscuit aisle lady about the cookware, but still praying that she calls with at least wanting one of the sets if not both before the end of the month. Thanks girls for being so helpful and faithful on this site!!!

Praying for you.

Ladies,
Been blessed reading this exchange. It is so amazing to see God's hand in our businesses. I too am on the verge of earning my first ring for recruiting. My 15th recruit is less than $100 from qualifying and is holding another impromptu show tomorrow. I am confident that I will get to meet you on stage getting our rings.

Praying for your success. Praise be to God our Provider!

Ok, girls, I know yall are wondering if I met my goal or not. Well, the biscuit aisle lady...she didn't order the cookware...her grandma had a massive heart attack or stroke the following day and she was down with her in the hospital until she passed Sat. morning (May 1st). I did get really close with setting up a table at the Zumba class, so I decided to get a few gifts early to tip me over! I am still holding my breath to a point until I receive that congratulatory email saying I officially get it. Thanks again for all the prayers and tips on this!! So if you are at conference...don't forget to give me a big "WAHOO!" as I am walking acrossed the stage!!

God bless each and every one!

Related to $500 From the Ruby Ring! Help?!?!

What is the "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" promotion?

The "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" promotion is a special offer from Pampered Chef where customers can earn $500 in free products by hosting a party and selling at least $2000 in merchandise.

How do I participate in the "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" promotion?

To participate in the "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" promotion, you need to host a Pampered Chef party and reach at least $2000 in sales. Your consultant will provide you with a host code to enter when placing your order to be eligible for the free products.

What products can I choose from for my "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" rewards?

You can choose from any of our Pampered Chef products for your "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" rewards. This includes cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and more. Your consultant can help you select the best products for your needs.

Is there a time limit for earning the "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" rewards?

Yes, the "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" promotion is only available for a limited time. Your consultant can provide you with the specific dates for this promotion and help you plan your party accordingly.

Can I combine the "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" rewards with other promotions or discounts?

No, the "$500 From the Ruby Ring!" rewards cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. However, you can still earn host rewards and use any existing host rewards towards your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • KennethandTiffany
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Intrepid_Chef