• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

4 Simple Steps to Hearing Yes More

In summary, these four steps will help you increase your odds of a yes when asking someone to do something. First, develop rapport by asking questions that require a positive answer. Second, share what's in it for them first. Third, compliment the potential host. Fourth, ask, “Would you like to host a show?” or “Have you ever thought about hosting a show to earn free products?”
Deb Bixler
Gold Member
4 Simple Steps To Hearing Yes More Often

Would you like to hear the word yes more often and the word no less frequently? No one likes to hear no… yet the most successful direct sellers are those who hear no the most often. You can always make up in numbers what you lack in skill or experience. Ask any successful business owner and you will find that they experienced far more failures as they did successes. In order to attain their goals, they persevere and find the successes they deserve.

That is right, the more you hear no, the more yeses you will receive as well. The more frequently someone says no to you the better you get at asking so the more yeses you get because skills increase. These 4 steps will increase your odds of a yes. When practiced consistently you will become more skilled at scheduling shows and appointments.

1. Develop rapport by asking questions that require a positive answer. This can be a straight forward yes or a positive statement. A couple of examples might be: Have you ever heard of XYZ Company? Yes, What is your favorite product? The ABC tool. Great, when were you last at a show? Last month. Did you have a good time? Yes. And so on….

2. Share what’s in it for them first. Most home party consultants share what’s in it for them after the potential client says no…. “but you can get this for free!” Instead during your rapport building session tell them what is in it for them. April is a terrific time to host a show because….

3. Compliment the potential host. You’d be a terrific host! OR I’d love to do a show with you OR you have a beatiful home....

4. Pop the question: Ask, “Would you like to host a show?” OR “Have you ever thought about hosting a show to earn free products?” OR “We sell tools, offer the opportunity for you to earn free products by hosting a show and have the opportunity for you to make money...which one are you interested in?”

Most new sales reps just walk up to people and ask them to host a show. When you follow this simple 4 step plan you will get more yeses. The skill of following this simple routine will get easier with practice. From now on every time you hear a no, as you leave the conversation, think back to these simple steps and analyze your conversation. Think about what you can do different next time. It will only be a short time until you are an awesome scheduler!

Your name rings a bell, I think that I am planning to be at your presentation in Endicott, NY on April 23?? My name is Jennifer Knapp and I am from Oneonta!Thanks for the tips!!

This is great if it isn't spam...

ETA: Deb Bixler is a legitimate consultant, speaker and trainer. I just wanted to post that for the record. I didn't want to delete or edit my post to the point that the other posts in this thread wouldn't make any sense. Hey, when I'm worng, I'm wrong!

Last edited:
Even if it is spamit's good information as are her other posts im MHO :eek:)

smarteez2 said:
it's good information as are her other posts im MHO :eek:)

Someone eles posted on one of her other threads - "It's not the CONtent, It's the INtent"......I don't think anyone would disagree that it's good stuff, but is her intention to help us in our business or to promote her new venture?

ChefBeckyD said:
Someone eles posted on one of her other threads - "It's not the CONtent, It's the INtent"......I don't think anyone would disagree that it's good stuff, but is her intention to help us in our business or to promote her new venture?
Yes... I agree with you Becky!

ChefBeckyD said:

I am sorry I just don't read that much in between the lines. I read it good info period. I wasn't like....whooo she's awesome I would buy some of that whatever!! LOL I just read it as good info. :)

smarteez2 said:
I am sorry I just don't read that much in between the lines. I read it good info period. I wasn't like....whooo she's awesome I would buy some of that whatever!! LOL I just read it as good info. :)

Yes, but Chef Success rules say NO SELF PROMOTION. So she's technically breaking the terms of use she agreed to when she signed up for CS.

If you look at her profile too, you'll notice she's had only 3 posts.....all started by her...... They look to me like she's definetly self-promoting.....i don't think she sells PC at all!

hoosierchef said:
If you look at her profile too, you'll notice she's had only 3 posts.....all started by her...... They look to me like she's definetly self-promoting.....i don't think she sells PC at all!
That's my thought too. I'm sure Greg will check it out.

pamperedlinda said:
That's my thought too. I'm sure Greg will check it out.
Anyone notify him yet? He can't possibly read all the posts we have on this site (he has a day job :p ). And he doesn't need 20 of us pm'ing him either.:rolleyes:

hoosierchef said:
i don't think she sells PC at all!

She is a former PC director

BethCooks4U said:
Anyone notify him yet? He can't possibly read all the posts we have on this site (he has a day job :p ). And he doesn't need 20 of us pm'ing him either.:rolleyes:
I sent one is as an alert and just said, "I'm not sure if this is against the rules, just thought I would let you know about it and you decide."

Thank you for the good comments.......

I definitely am a Pampered chef consultant still! I have had 4 1000 shows this month.

I have been a member of Chef Success for about 8 months I think, and never posted before, because I never took the time to learn how the site worked.

I do not understand why they ask the web addresses if it is considered promotional. I have no problem removing them.

Deb,
you just took alot of us by surprise. Your info was great. Next time just put something at the start that says hey guys.... here is some helpful info... just wanted to share.
In my experience when there are posts on a msg board with no personal info and it looks business like we assume it's a spamer.
If you are as successfull as it seems you are I'm sure we could all learn alot from you.
Also we are a comunity who wholeheartedly believe in PC and want to uphold all the rules and regulations set forth by the CO.

Deb, thanks for clearing it all up. And congrats on your $1000 shows!!!!

I think we're all a little skiddish here right now due to a few past incidents, so please don't feel like we're attacking you, just trying to keep the place running by the rules. :)

I look forward to hearing from you more!

Deb, My apologies. I guess we're all skeptical about someone who doesn't seem to be addicted to CS like we all are. This is where we all turn to for support and ideas. You have shared some really great information! Thank you! Continued success in your businesses, both PC and not.

I found it very informational, thank you for posting!

THANK YOU, Deb! :)

jenniferp417 said:
THANK YOU, Deb! :)
I second that! I have always found your information very useful and appreciate anyone who can pass along a good tip for me to try and share with my team! I took a training with Deb at Leadership Conference about Personal Websites... and WOW! I came home with pages upon pages of notes and ideas to share with my downline! Thanks again!

DebbieJ said:
Deb, thanks for clearing it all up. And congrats on your $1000 shows!!!!

I think we're all a little skiddish here right now due to a few past incidents, so please don't feel like we're attacking you, just trying to keep the place running by the rules. :)

I look forward to hearing from you more!
Yes... we've all fallen victim to the occasional spammer on this site.

I have to tell you ladies that I will not be logging in all day. In the future you will have to accept the fact that it is a post for your benefit or I won't be able to post.

It is very unusual that I would have the time necessary to spend answering these kinds of inquiries. It is not that I do not care, but I am not a chat room kind of person and other things have priorities.

I wish you the best of successes until next time. Deb

I knew I recognized your face:) I watched you walk the stage at conference many times last year!
Thanks for sharing all your useful info; I will have to share with my cluster!

I really like this. I've heard my director as well as other consultants use a similar technique. I can't seem for the life of me to actually use it! I WANT to, but when it comes time to ask all the questions, it all leaks out of my head! How do you keep it in the forefront?!

Yes...I've seen her at National Conference too... and when I first read this thread...and everyone was coming down on her...I was surprised a bit...
She definitely knows this business...

Welcome Aboard Deb!!!

I'm sure she is very busy... Some of us spend too much time on here and not enough time on the phone making contacts...... Hey ...I"m talking about myself too!! :)

ChefNic said:
Yes...I've seen her at National Conference too... and when I first read this thread...and everyone was coming down on her...I was surprised a bit...
She definitely knows this business...

Welcome Aboard Deb!!!

I'm sure she is very busy... Some of us spend too much time on here and not enough time on the phone making contacts...... Hey ...I"m talking about myself too!! :)
I'm sure the only reason she was being questioned was because we didn't know who she was. I certainly had never heard of her before - at least if I had I did not remember her name.

Several months ago there was a spammer that harvested many of our email addresses from this site (that's wht they are no longer posted as a link). This spammer contacted many of us and was a little nasty when several people questioned their intentions....it was a little bit crazy.

I really don't think anyone meant to be rude to Deb. We were just caught off-guard as her first posts looked sort of like an advertisement. It probably would have been more welcoming if she had simply introduced herself first.

I think Deb has given us some wonderful advice. Now that we know who she is and what she has accomplished I think we should probably give her a break and thank her for sharing her wisdom with us.

.....and since the typed word does not convey emotion....I am not mad nor angry, just conveying my personal opinion.

jenniferknapp said:
Your name rings a bell, I think that I am planning to be at your presentation in Endicott, NY on April 23?? My name is Jennifer Knapp and I am from Oneonta!

Thanks for the tips!!

Like I said before Deb, I can't wait to meet you and attend your presentation in person next month! I think a few others of us on here are also planning to attend!!

jenniferknapp said:
Like I said before Deb, I can't wait to meet you and attend your presentation in person next month! I think a few others of us on here are also planning to attend!!
Ooohhhh, I saw your earlier post Jennifer. What's it about? Is it PC sponsored or with her other company? You'll have to take notes for us.

pamperedlinda said:
Ooohhhh, I saw your earlier post Jennifer. What's it about? Is it PC sponsored or with her other company? You'll have to take notes for us.

This is what my Director put on the invite about the training...

"Deb is an Advanced Director from PA, and has been a Circle of Honor Achiever for several years for her incredible sales achievement.

You won't want to miss this event! I sure hope that I can get a couple of good ideas for increasing sales!! How about you???"

Not sure if it is PC sponsored or not!

jenniferknapp said:
This is what my Director put on the invite about the training...

"Deb is an Advanced Director from PA, and has been a Circle of Honor Achiever for several years for her incredible sales achievement.

You won't want to miss this event! I sure hope that I can get a couple of good ideas for increasing sales!! How about you???"

Not sure if it is PC sponsored or not!
Sounds like a great opportunity, and I know that you will share any great tips that you learn with us - right?!

pamperedlinda said:
Sounds like a great opportunity, and I know that you will share any great tips that you learn with us - right?!

Of course!! I actually think that we have 2-3 trainings in the area before conference; I will share everything I learn from all of them!!!

jenniferknapp said:
Of course!! I actually think that we have 2-3 trainings in the area before conference; I will share everything I learn from all of them!!!
We look forward to hearing all about it!

Thanks DebI know this is probably going to catch me some flak, but here goes. I have been a member of this board for over a year, even though my count may not be that high, as far as posts go. When I first started reading this thread my first thought was "What great information". Then when she was getting knocked down, my thought was "Why am I even a member of this site" I have read the threads in the past as far as spammers and some of the other things that have gone wrong with some of the members, so I can understand being leary, but this is ridiculous to make someone jump through hoops. Just because someone doesn't post alot doesn't mean they are not actual pc'ers. If everyone wants to make sure that only pc'ers are on this site, then you all should just petition Greg to require a consultant number for membership. If not, then cut everyone some slack, and give them the benefit of doubt. This site has become way too negative on way too many things.

Deb, thanks for the great information and I hope to be able to see you in person in the future. If you have a schedule of your future appearances, I would love to receive it, if you have time to pm me.

Come on guys! Why do we have to keep chastizing each other? The question came up as to whether this poster was a spammer and she didn't respond. Maybe it did go too far too fast but that's the curse of the web. She has been apologized to. Let it go.

As long as we continue to slap each other we will not get back to where we were before.

This is a community for PC consultants to network and share information to enhance our businesses. Let it be.

NOTE: This is not to give YOU "flack". It is to try to stop ALL of the negativity!

Last edited:
Well said Beth.....

We are just trying to keep things even for everyone.

Deb has been apoligized to on all 3 threads.

I do not care if anyone hop on and off the board. Just put a personal note so we know you are a real person.

Now back to being inspired! :D

The information at the beginning was Fantstic, I never thought of giving the option of buy kitchen prducts, earn some free by hosting a show or make money which are you interested in? I must admit I usually ask about the opportunity and then about hosting a show, but seperately.

Later when Deb responded I thoght wow 4 $1000 shows in 1 month. Deb, what is your host coaching strategy? Do you meet in person or send a folder, do the 3 call routine or another variation? I have sooo much to learn from you and I hope when you do log on again you'll give us some insight & ideas on leading our host to $1000 shows.

thanks deb for the great advice. im new to PC and I need all the help I can get!@!!

[email protected]

pamperedlinda said:
I'm sure the only reason she was being questioned was because we didn't know who she was. I certainly had never heard of her before - at least if I had I did not remember her name.

Several months ago there was a spammer that harvested many of our email addresses from this site (that's wht they are no longer posted as a link). This spammer contacted many of us and was a little nasty when several people questioned their intentions....it was a little bit crazy.

I really don't think anyone meant to be rude to Deb. We were just caught off-guard as her first posts looked sort of like an advertisement. It probably would have been more welcoming if she had simply introduced herself first.

I think Deb has given us some wonderful advice. Now that we know who she is and what she has accomplished I think we should probably give her a break and thank her for sharing her wisdom with us.

.....and since the typed word does not convey emotion....I am not mad nor angry, just conveying my personal opinion.
I was one of the first ones to question if Deb was ligit. And, we all know by now she is. I am grateful that she has posted on this board and I am even more grateful that she spoke up and said, "Hey, I'm just here to help! And, if you want it, great." A spammer wouldn't do that. (Not a direct quote... I paraphrased her words.)

I also apologized to Deb for jumping the gun assuming the worst, which is usually not me, but that last spammer Linda talked about got me good!

Anyway, I love Deb's approach--realistic word that I can use. I look forward to reading more from her. I sincerely hope that I didn't turn her off.

I personally have heard Deb speak at National Conference....I think we can all learn a great deal from her - I believe she is an Executive Director, if I remember right. Take the information, use it, make your business better!

AJPratt said:
Anyway, I love Deb's approach--realistic word that I can use. I look forward to reading more from her. I sincerely hope that I didn't turn her off.
I think that she is just very busy, and is on the road quite a bit...Not a lot of time to reply back individually, but she has a lot of great ideas and is a great speaker!!
gaddischef said:
I personally have heard Deb speak at National Conference....I think we can all learn a great deal from her - I believe she is an Executive Director, if I remember right. Take the information, use it, make your business better!
She gave that title up, due to the conflict of interest thing for directors and above

I sure understand being busy! Thank God for this day jor or I would never be on CS!

I know when I PMed Deb she responded right away, which I thought was really nice!

I don't know if my other post went through ---
I heard Deb talk at National Conference and she was wonderful. I learned so much from her, as we all can. She is an Executive Director I believe, so take the information and learn from it.

gaddischef said:
I don't know if my other post went through ---
I heard Deb talk at National Conference and she was wonderful. I learned so much from her, as we all can. She is an Executive Director I believe, so take the information and learn from it.
Nope, it went though! Just refresh your screen when you aren't sure. Sometimes they take a few seconds to appear (all of us gabbing, ya know?).

1. What is the importance of hearing yes more often in direct sales?

Hearing yes more often is crucial in direct sales because it means you are making successful sales and building a strong customer base. It also helps you improve your skills and persevere through failures to ultimately reach your goals.

2. How can I increase my chances of hearing yes?

You can increase your chances of hearing yes by following these 4 simple steps: developing rapport, sharing what's in it for the potential host, complimenting them, and then asking them to host a show. These steps help you build a connection with the potential client and present the benefits of hosting a show before popping the question.

3. What are some examples of questions to ask to develop rapport?

Some examples of questions that require a positive answer and help build rapport are: Have you ever heard of XYZ Company? What is your favorite product? When was the last time you attended a show? Did you have a good time? These questions allow for a positive interaction and set the stage for a successful conversation.

4. What is the best way to ask someone to host a show?

The best way to ask someone to host a show is to simply pop the question directly, such as "Would you like to host a show?" or "Have you ever thought about hosting a show to earn free products?" You can also mention the opportunity for them to make money in addition to earning free products. It's important to be confident and direct in your approach.

5. How can I improve my scheduling skills?

The best way to improve your scheduling skills is to consistently practice the 4 steps mentioned above. With each interaction, analyze your conversation and think about what you can do differently next time. With practice, you will become an expert at scheduling and hearing yes more often.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg