• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Good No-Cook Recipes for a Booth Event?

In summary, my partner and I are looking for a new recipe to make at the show, but we don't want it to require refrigeration or cooking. Suggestions for something quick and easy to make are appreciated.
pamperedcheermom
My partner and I have a 2 day booth this weekend. Two weeks ago we did a booth and made the Brownie Truffle Cups to give out but no one seemed to like them. They are really really strong.........as in almost too much chocolate. So we don't want to do those again. Anyone have ideas as to what we could make that will hold up well? We might even consider making something there as long as it doesn't have to be cooked and only requires a few ingredients. We don't have access to an oven or stovetop and may not have a receptacle available for a microwave.
Just wondered what would be a good recipe to make ahead of time or something quick and easy to make at the show.

Do you HAVE to pass out samples? I have found that it just adds stress to me when working a booth, and doesn't add much (if any) value to my booth...just draws in the moochers.

But...in answer to your question: profiterole puffs!

What kind of booth is it?

I've never given out food samples - I don't have a food vendor license.
I give out recipe cards that have a sticker with my info on them.

I'd recommend something that doesn't require refrigeration, so you don't have to worry about that. I'm working a chili cookoff with some other consultants next month, and we're making beer bread in the MMP and caramel nutty brownies. We're going to cut the bread in half, so the samples will be 1/2 of a mini muffin. And the brownies will be cut into 1-inch squares, so we'll get 150 from each batch. And we're using pretzels instead of the nuts on the brownies, so people with nut allergies can have a taste, too.

We don't have to pass out samples, we've just always done it at our booths. It gets people in and gets them talking about the products they have, the products they want and then that leads to them filling out the drawing slip. We've already checked with the booth sponsor and it's ok for us to give out samples. We always make them the night before and when they're gone, they're gone. Having the samples there is just a way to start a conversation with people. AND we usually pick things that most kids won't eat. I know that sounds terrible but if it's kid friendly, then we would have kids at the booth all day and that wouldn't work.
We also give out a recipe card with the recipe of the food we're giving out on it. It has our contact information on it too. We've done Pecan Tassies, Peppermint Bark and then the Brownie Truffle Cups. We're just looking for something different........but easy.

OK- based on your update of what you've done in the past, how about the cheesy salsa version of the beer bread? It'll get people interested in the bread mix (which is an easy cash and carry item), and is a tasty little bite.

how about brownines, mini muffins or mini cup cakes....

Do you have the recipe of the cheesy salsa beer bread? Only problem is that I don't have any of the beer bread mix and can't get it in by Sat.

We did the brownie cups last time and they got hard sitting out all day. The Pecan Tassies held up better than anything we've done but they take a lot of time to prepare. We have to set up on Friday but I have to work so I'll leave work a little early. I have a show on Thurs night so there's no time to spend on making something detailed.

Ooh- that's a problem. Do any of your cluster mates have any? We figured last night that a single box would probably make 96 mini muffins. Cut them in half, and that's almost 200 samples. So you wouldn't need very many mixes.The cheesy salsa recipe is:
1 pouch beer bread mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon chili powderCombine ingredients. Bake at 350: 50-55 minutes in stoneware loaf pan; 45-50 minutes for stoneware mini loaf pan.

Pecan tassies can be made a day or two in advance. I've done that. Makes them always a good stand by.

I wouldn't make anything w/o a food license. I guess around here they are only about $25, but I don't want to deal w/it.

I got many people into my booth last year when I made cupcakes. They looked just like they came from the bakery. I used the large scoop to make all of them the exact same size (you actually get 24 out of a box). I then made 7 minute frosting, put it in the EAD and swirled the frosting on top of the cupcakes (like an ice cream cone from DQ). I then sprinkled half w/purple sprinkles and half w/green sprinkles to match the spring 2007 colors. I put them on the SA 3 tier stand on the bottom two shelves and then put wrapped Easter candy in the top bowl. Everyone would say, "Are those real?" I would then say, "Yes, I made them with our products," and then explained how I made them. I would of course ask if they were familiar w/PC, etc. If they asked if they could have one, I would tell them, "You wouldn't want one of those, they have been sitting out all day." If they really wanted something, I would let them have a piece of candy. Luckily it was too tall for kids to reach. The only trouble I had was a mentally handicap man who took a bunch of candy:)! It was actually cute and funny! He was thrilled!

Good Luck!

pampchefrhondab said:
I wouldn't make anything w/o a food license. I guess around here they are only about $25, but I don't want to deal w/it.

I got many people into my booth last year when I made cupcakes. They looked just like they came from the bakery. I used the large scoop to make all of them the exact same size (you actually get 24 out of a box). I then made 7 minute frosting, put it in the EAD and swirled the frosting on top of the cupcakes (like an ice cream cone from DQ). I then sprinkled half w/purple sprinkles and half w/green sprinkles to match the spring 2007 colors. I put them on the SA 3 tier stand on the bottom two shelves and then put wrapped Easter candy in the top bowl. Everyone would say, "Are those real?" I would then say, "Yes, I made them with our products," and then explained how I made them. I would of course ask if they were familiar w/PC, etc. If they asked if they could have one, I would tell them, "You wouldn't want one of those, they have been sitting out all day." If they really wanted something, I would let them have a piece of candy. Luckily it was too tall for kids to reach. The only trouble I had was a mentally handicap man who took a bunch of candy:)! It was actually cute and funny! He was thrilled!

Good Luck!

Rhonda, those sound super cute and I love what you said to keep them away from the food. Smart thinking!

To the OP--there is no way ever I would give out homeade food at a vendor event. Too much liability. You never know when someone from the health dept is lurking.

do the new Cashew recipe. its a great way to introduce the Spring line as well as recipes. Its easy to make ahead of time and pack.

DebbieJ said:
Rhonda, those sound super cute and I love what you said to keep them away from the food. Smart thinking!

To the OP--there is no way ever I would give out homeade food at a vendor event. Too much liability. You never know when someone from the health dept is lurking.

Thanks Deb. I forgot to mention if they were still interested in having one I would also say, "Some people have touched them because they didn't know they were real." Then they wouldn't want one!;)

Chocolate butterflies. You can make them there with a $12 burner from Walgreen's or WalMart. Get an extension cord and you're good to go. But you're not looking to feed the crowd, you're looking to book shows or collect orders.

Maybe have some veggies that folks can cut with the crinkle cutter? have some tomatoes/garlic/onion/cilantro/jalapeno that you can make into instant salsa with the food chopper?

The point is, more hands-on products, less feeding people.

Maybe APCS with 'fat free apple pie' demo (sprinkle w/ FSS cinnamon/sugar)?

I agree, I wouldnt serve any food.

I guess I am in the minority here but I stopped giving out samples a while back. The last booth that I did, my fellow consultant came for "shift change" with the pretzel butterfilies. She had spent hours making up 100 or more. As soon as people saw them, they swarmed around her, grabbing 2-3 at a time. No one stopped to talk, just swoop, grab and run. It was like feeding time at the zoo. My Director had told her that it wasn't worth her time, but she went ahead anyway. They were gone in less than 5 min.

I pass out receipe cards, some I make at VistaPrint.com. Cheap, usu around $5 for 100, they are colorful and I can put whatever I want on them.

My thought is that I would rather start building a relationship with words with 5 people than feeding 100 who I will never see again.

Just my 2 cents.

When we work our state fair here we either do a garnishing demo (potatoes, zucchini, cukes, carrots, etc.) and make a cute display or we make "fat free apple pie" (use AP/C/S, slice in 1/2 and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. SErve on SA plate with bamboo tongs)...just to get folks over and start talking to them. If you do the garnishing thing, make sure you have the UM and the Food Chopper--they both make noise and will get people over to watch and talk to.

Remember the goal is not to feed people at a booth, it's to get leads. Get 'em over and get 'em talking (how do you know PC? What's your favorite product? Never heard of PC? give them your 30-second commercial and get 'em registered for your door prize--we send out a SB).

Offer them the DPS rather than have them out on the table...you'll be able to weed out the obvious "duds".

Attachments

• FairDoorPrizeSlips.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 428
PamperChefCarol said:
I guess I am in the minority here but I stopped giving out samples a while back....
...I pass out receipe cards, some I make at VistaPrint.com. Cheap, usu around $5 for 100, they are colorful and I can put whatever I want on them.

My thought is that I would rather start building a relationship with words with 5 people than feeding 100 who I will never see again....

I totally agree Carol. Plus - they take something away (recipe card) with your info on it...

~G~

Related to What Are Good No-Cook Recipes for a Booth Event?

1. What are some easy and quick recipe ideas for a 2 Day Booth?

For a 2 Day Booth, it's important to have simple and tasty recipe options that can be prepared in advance. Some ideas include mini quiches, fruit skewers, cucumber sandwiches, and vegetable platters with dip.

2. Can I serve hot food at a 2 Day Booth?

Yes, you can serve hot food at a 2 Day Booth, but it's important to have a plan for keeping it warm. Consider using a slow cooker or chafing dishes to keep your dishes at a safe and appetizing temperature.

3. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my 2 Day Booth menu?

Pampered Chef products are perfect for showcasing at a 2 Day Booth! You can use the products to prepare and serve your dishes, and even offer cooking demonstrations to showcase their functionality.

4. Are there any dietary restrictions I should consider when planning my 2 Day Booth menu?

It's always a good idea to have some options for those with dietary restrictions. Consider offering gluten-free, vegetarian, or dairy-free options on your menu to accommodate different dietary needs.

5. How can I make my 2 Day Booth menu stand out?

To make your 2 Day Booth menu stand out, try to offer a mix of both classic and unique dishes. You can also incorporate special themed items or seasonal ingredients to add variety and interest to your menu.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • sarah824
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • CookingwithMary