• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surviving a Chaotic Home Party: My Experience and Lessons Learned

In summary, the show I was dreading at least the part I was dreading wasn't as bad. The cat crap didn't smell but between 7 kids, 2 husbands, trying to work around them getting dinner for the kids, and a sink full of dishes and a hostess that wasn't very attentive it was a zoo. Even though it was crazy I did try to book and I did offer the opportunity but I'm kind of glad it's over even though I really truly need bookings. I feel like I'm at the hostesses mercy. She wants to leave it open for a week to try to get outside orders after she's already had all this time. Is this normal? Unless she does really well with the outside
jj16
Gold Member
Okay so the show I was dreading at least the part I was dreading wasn't as bad. The cat crap didn't smell but between 7 kids, 2 husbands, trying to work around them getting dinner for the kids, and a sink full of dishes and a hostess that wasn't very attentive it was a zoo. Even though it was crazy I did try to book and I did offer the opportunity but I'm kind of glad it's over even though I really truly need bookings. I feel like I'm at the hostesses mercy. She wants to leave it open for a week to try to get outside orders after she's already had all this time. Is this normal? Unless she does really well with the outside orders it was a really really pathetic show as far as the sales.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement you all offered prior to me going to the show.

Judy

Judy,

Remember, you only have to have one first show! We've all had shows like that, and hosts like that - but they really aren't the norm. Most of my hosts are wonderful, and many become true friends.

Congratulations for doing all the right things - even in tough circumstances! Way to persevere!

Just let her know that you will be closing on the date you've agreed upon, and encourage her to get outside orders. Who knows, maybe she will! There might be plenty of people who wanted to order, but didn't want to come to her home for a party!;)

Sorry to hear it wasn't that great of an experience for you. Unfortunately, it sounds like this might be the type of show that will be a barely-get-you-there type of show. Was it at least $150? When I have low shows with hosts not that on-the-ball, I call them and say "I just went and entered in all your guests orders and your total is at $xxx amount. You will want to go ahead and contact the people who said they were possibly coming to your show but didn't. And you'll want to double check with your relatives, possibly send out an e-mail that you plan to close your show on Saturday. That gives them 2 days to think about it and order. I'd love for you to be able to get more free products, so just remember it'll only take a couple orders to boost your show total. Also, if someone says they can't afford it right now, you can ask them if they would like to book a party. You both get great rewards for that! I'll be calling you on Saturday, if that's alright, so we can close your show." She shouldn't need a whole week, 2 days is enough time for her to call and send out an e-mail. People should know if they want something or not, especially if she has already made people aware of her party--this is just a follow up. Unless she has a crazy work schedule with absolutely no time to follow up with people--in that case I give them a little more time. I would let her know that it's best to close it soon so that people can get their items as quickly as possible. I also try to let hosts know that typically if people are really thinking of ordering, if you give them a deadline they will let you know. Leaving it open a week just gives people time to procrastinate.I hope it works out for you! Good luck! :) And here's hoping your next show you'll have a motivated host! :D

Thans for asking but no it wasn't $150. It was $40 the night of maybe with the help of her Mom and Sister it will be but we'll see. I know I'm at her mercy but maybe I'll have to be a little more selective next time. Thanks for your input and encouragement.

Judy

remind her she needs at least $150 to get the hostess special and free shipping! If you don't have $150 you will have to enter it as an individual order- which raises the shipping costs as well! I pray she has more orders for you!! my first show I was 4 months pregnant, I nearly vomited, and I had a horrrrrrible headache when I left- turns out it wasn't the "stress" it was that I am allergic to red onions - we made spicy shrimp ceviche cups... and the aroma set it all off! So go through your list- you tried to book shows, tried to offer the business, didn't vomit, and survived! YEAH!!! Great job! The next one gets easier, and then the next one gets easier!!

1. What is a "1st show" with Pampered Chef?

A "1st show" with Pampered Chef refers to the first time a consultant hosts a cooking or product demonstration party for friends and family to introduce them to the company's kitchen tools and products.

2. How do I schedule my 1st show?

To schedule your 1st show, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. They will work with you to find a date and time that works for both of you.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a 1st show?

As a host of a 1st show, you will receive free and discounted products based on the total sales of your party. You will also have the opportunity to earn exclusive host rewards and discounts on future purchases.

4. Can I have a 1st show if I don't know how to cook?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to provide easy and simple recipes using our kitchen tools and products. They will guide you through the cooking process and make it a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone.

5. Is there a minimum number of guests required for a 1st show?

No, there is no minimum number of guests required for a 1st show. However, the more guests you invite, the more chances you have to earn free and discounted products and rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jj16
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jj16
  • cincychef