• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surviving a Summer Outdoor Booth in South Florida: My Lessons Learned

I'm relieved they are all over now.I hope you're all doing well. I'm sending my thoughts and prayers with you all.
KaryCam
Gold Member
will I do an outside booth during the summer in South Florida.

They said that they were putting the vendors in the shade, but to bring tents anyway.

They put us in the direct sun and when it wasn't raining, it was in the lows 90's with high humidity so it felt hotter. Fortunately, I brought plenty of water and Gatorade and sunscreen. All the vendors were miserable. I had a headache from 9am to, well I still have it and it's 5:30pm. :yuck:

Sales were small but I think I booked two shows.

It all was a fundraiser for a worthy cause, but I won't do it again.

I have three booths in October, two inside and one outside. It should be ok then.

Yikes, Karynne! That is horrible! I can only imagine (although I dont really want to imagine it!)

Hope your headache goes away fast!

Ouch! Just remember that vow next summer when any booking looks really good. LOL!

I would ask for part of your money back because the conditions were not what was advertized!

Wow, that had to have been hard on everyone there. Those are no conditions that make for happy people.

I feel for you! I won't consider a booth in the summer because I am so sensitive to the heat and humidity down here.

Are you ready for Fay? I am on the SW FL side. Where are you?

DessertDivaFL said:

Are you ready for Fay? I am on the SW FL side. Where are you?

Are we ever really ready. :rolleyes:
But yeah, we are as ready as ever. Bought hurricane shutters after Charley (Cat 4) and haven't had to use them since. I'm less than 20mins from Charlotte Harbor where Charley came in. Also SWFL for those not familiar.

KaryCam said:
Are we ever really ready. :rolleyes:
But yeah, we are as ready as ever. Bought hurricane shutters after Charley (Cat 4) and haven't had to use them since. I'm less than 20mins from Charlotte Harbor where Charley came in. Also SWFL for those not familiar.

I am south of you in Cape Coral. I also work for the DOT so we will have our phones ringing off the hook Monday morning with everyone wanting their ditches cleaned. They just don't realize that roadside drainage is for "normal" amounts of rain, not tropical storms/hurricanes. I end up being a psychiatrist trying to calm them down. LOL

DessertDivaFL said:
I am south of you in Cape Coral. I also work for the DOT so we will have our phones ringing off the hook Monday morning with everyone wanting their ditches cleaned. They just don't realize that roadside drainage is for "normal" amounts of rain, not tropical storms/hurricanes. I end up being a psychiatrist trying to calm them down. LOL

So true, most people don't realize that.

I drive right by you to go see my Hospitality Director in Ft. Myers. I'm in North Port. (bottom part of Sarasota county)

Good Luck to both of you... I'll be praying for you...........

FaySo glad I read this today! My 2 sons live in Fort Myers and I haven't talked to them in 3 days, or watched the news. (Work full time, and did a vendor fair Friday night and Saturday...)

Praying for all the rest of you in that part of FL, too!

(If they haven't heard from me, they call me when it is over...:eek:)

I'm sending my prayers as well. I've lived in FL for years (college & military) and I never looked forward to hurricanes.

1. What is "I Vow, Never Again..."?

"I Vow, Never Again..." is a collection of kitchen tools and accessories designed to help you keep your vow to never have a messy or disorganized kitchen again. It includes items such as storage containers, cutting boards, and cooking utensils.

2. How is "I Vow, Never Again..." different from other Pampered Chef products?

"I Vow, Never Again..." is a specific collection of products that are curated to help you organize and declutter your kitchen. These items are designed to work together to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

3. Can I purchase individual items from the "I Vow, Never Again..." collection?

Yes, all of the items in the "I Vow, Never Again..." collection can be purchased separately. However, we recommend purchasing the entire collection for the best results in organizing your kitchen.

4. How do I use the "I Vow, Never Again..." products?

The items in this collection are designed to be versatile and can be used in various ways. For example, the storage containers can be used to store leftovers, pantry staples, or even as a serving dish. The cutting boards can be used for chopping, slicing, or serving.

5. Are the "I Vow, Never Again..." products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the items in this collection are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for the longevity of the products.

Back