• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a 16 Year Old Host a Home Party for My Business?

In summary, the girl came to the fair booth and seemed older and more mature than her 16 years. She was interested in everything and marked down that she wanted to order a lot of kitchen stuff. I told her that since she was a minor, I wasn't sure what I could do and she told me she has her own phone, email, and that her parents let her be independent. I know that in order to be a consultant, she needs to be at least 18, but what about a show? If she gets parental consent, is that allowed? I haven't done a show for a 16 year old, but my recruiter has done a show for a 16 year old at her
babywings76
Gold Member
I had a 16 yr. old girl come to my fair booth a couple weeks ago. She seemed older, and came off very mature. She marked down that she was interested in everything, a show, possible job, GC's, wedding registry, etc. I told her that since she was a minor, I wasn't sure what I was allowed to do as far as soliciting to her. She told me she has her own phone, e-mail and that her parents let her be independent and that she and her dad do most of the cooking. I know that in order to be a consultant, they need to be at least 18, but what about doing a show? If they get parental consent, is that allowed? How would you proceed with this?

I haven't done one but my recruiter has done a show for a 16 year old at her mother's house. The girl invited neighbors and relatives. She was building her hope chest.The girl has been a customer of mine before, she doesn't spend much each time, just is gradually saving.Treat her well and coach her well and make her a good customer until she is 18. :)

She had friends with her that loved the stuff, too. I thought that was pretty bizarre that teenagers would get so excited over kitchen stuff. ;) I'm not necessarily asking her if she would do a show, I'm thinking she might lead me to her parents, but I was just wondering about the legality of it all. Plus, what if she did say she wants to order a lot of stuff for presents or something. Or, what if when she turns 18, decides to join PC to help pay for school or something. I don't know, I was just wondering if I should bother contacting her or if it's not worth the trouble, or silly, or inappropriate, or whatever....I guess I was just posting so I could brainstorm this through a bit with you guys, to think all the possibilities through to see if I should even bother contacting her.

janetupnorth said:
I haven't done one but my recruiter has done a show for a 16 year old at her mother's house. The girl invited neighbors and relatives. She was building her hope chest.

The girl has been a customer of mine before, she doesn't spend much each time, just is gradually saving.

Treat her well and coach her well and make her a good customer until she is 18. :)

Oh, that's great! So I'm not crazy for contemplating this?

well, I've done shows for "mature" women that have been a total bust. :grumpy:
If she's excited, she'll definitely make a good host. Obviously, her parents need to allow the show to happen, but I say go for it.

babywings76 said:
Oh, that's great! So I'm not crazy for contemplating this?

Not at all. I would include a parent though even though she "makes her own decisions" so they don't accuse you of pushing her to buy something. But if she is enthusiastic and parents support it - why not? She can build that hope chest or use it in the kitchen today. Many teenagers do actually love to cook.

Actually, maybe a power cooking clinic would be good! Show them how to make reasonable meals and be able to freeze things. It is a skill that will help them in college and life later!

I had a 14 yr. old who had a show. She came to a show with her mom, and it's just the 2 of them, and she does much of the cooking. It was under her mom's name, but in reality, she did most of the work. She got outside orders from all of her teachers at school - invited relatives, neighbors, her mom's friends, and her friends moms. She did a great job! It was a $400 show - and mom helped her pay for the 1/2 products.

We sent out the invites with "Rachel & Terri" as the hosts.

I have always loved kitchen gadgets.. even when I was pre-teen and teen... you might be looking at a future consultant. I agree with janetupnorth.. coach her well -until she is old enough!! Do you have a few things she can help you with? Labeling.. etc. If nothing else you may have a long term customer!! Way to go!

I have a 17-year-old potential host .. she just started a job, though, and doesn't know her work schedule. She says she'll call me .. I said I'd call her if I didn't hear back within 2 weeks ... she's a teen, after all!

She put her mom's name on her free cooking show drawing, which really confused Mom. However, Mom said she is really mature, has hosted parties before and is into the cullinary arts.

The way I can see it ... if I can put a show in my CAT'S NAME (which I contemplated, got flamed and thought better of) I can certainly put it in the name of a 17-year-old girl, hoping to keep her interested until she can become a consultant!

Could one of the parent's sign up as the consultant and let her do the work? It sounds like she has plenty of people to invite, with friends and their parents, her parent's friends, etc. She would do well if she is so excited already.

My first experience with PC was when a lady I worked for gave me a round pizza stone and a few other accessories. I still have that stone and have loved PC ever since!!

hollye44 said:
Could one of the parent's sign up as the consultant and let her do the work? It sounds like she has plenty of people to invite, with friends and their parents, her parent's friends, etc. She would do well if she is so excited already.

My first experience with PC was when a lady I worked for gave me a round pizza stone and a few other accessories. I still have that stone and have loved PC ever since!!

Not unless the parent is doing the cooking show demos. It would cause big issues for our liability insurance.

the problem is a 16-year old cannot legally enter into a contract.

I am doing a cooking show for 2 teenage sisters & their friends in Nov. It will be a mother/daughter show but the girls were the main ones interested. They loved cooking at their mom's show. I also went to their girl scout meeting & let them cook. I say go for it.

I sent her an e-mail and plan to follow up with a phone call. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. :)

1. How can I get my 16-year-old interested in cooking?

One way to get your 16-year-old interested in cooking is to involve them in meal planning and grocery shopping. Let them choose recipes they want to try and help them find the ingredients at the store. You can also enroll them in a cooking class or watch cooking shows together to spark their interest.

2. Are there any specific products from Pampered Chef that are suitable for a 16-year-old?

Yes, we have a variety of products that are great for teenagers who are just starting to cook. Our manual food chopper and nylon knife set are safe and easy for them to use, and our microwave pasta cooker and grill pan are perfect for quick and simple meals.

3. Can my 16-year-old host a Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and easy way for your 16-year-old to earn free products and learn new cooking skills. They can invite their friends and family over for a cooking demonstration and have a great time while doing it.

4. Are there any job opportunities at Pampered Chef for 16-year-olds?

Unfortunately, we do not have any job opportunities for 16-year-olds. However, your teenager can become a consultant with parental consent at the age of 18. They can also become a host and earn free products by hosting a Pampered Chef party.

5. Can my 16-year-old attend a Pampered Chef conference or training event?

Yes, we have a Young Chefs program for teenagers aged 12-17 to attend our annual conference and training events. They can learn new cooking techniques, get inspired, and network with other young chefs from around the country. They can also become a part of our Future Leaders program and gain leadership skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies