• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Go: Packing Up for Success!

In summary, the expert summarizer found that they brought too much content for a small party and it was too heavy. They suggest packing light and not bringing anything that is not needed such as cookware.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm so proud of myself! I'm all packed up and everything is in the consultant tote! I also have my catalog tote from Conference '09 for my paperwork. That's it! Woohoo! Okay, but then there's the S&B spinner still. Hmmm... :rolleyes:

If you have the MFP (and I'm sure you do!!!;) ), it is gear driven and essentially the same thing only smaller.

I normally NEVER take the S&B spinner, but tonight I'm doing a demo for a bunch of vegetarians and we are making Cool & Crunchy Tacos as a giant salad. I'm not sure if my host is getting already washed and cut romaine or if she's buying it in full form, so I want to be prepared....Maybe she's home from work now and I can call her.

Ohhh. A recipe tool!! Does she have one you could use?

I did that on Wednesday and tonight. I usually have a tool display, a rolling tote, a regular tote, a bag with catalogs, a file box for misc paperwork, and a few boxes....

Weds & tonight I have a rolling tote, my file box, my tote with catalogs and my DCB in its box. The best part, my party is across the street and down a house!!!! Love having a neighborhood party. I think another neighbor will be booking off of her and that party will be even closer... (MY living room, he has no space).

I tried really really hard tonight. Did well with products (1 consultant bag that wasn't too heavy) and one reusable shopping bag with my DCB , my TTA in its tote bag and then a bag with my paperwork.

THe paperwork bag needs an intervention. It weighs 100lbs. Not sure how to lighten it (think a lot of it is my laptop in it) but catalogs and paper weigh way too much!

Sorry, I've got you all beat. I had my tools in one reusable bag, and my paperwork in my laptop case (but, left the computer at home). I did have my purse with me, but really could have left it behind, and just put my license, etc., in the laptop case as well.I made the 3 ingredient cobbler someone posted here (I really need to find that post, so I can thank her), a Mix & Chop, which was given as a prize for the Queen of Shoppers game, the Mix & Scrape, the Spreader, the Smooth Edge Can Opener, DCB, and one Cooling Rack. We had the quick demo, the QOS game, and the ticket game (though, I used recipe cards). This was the first time I did such a simple party, and it was successful. I did learn that in my host coaching I need to say "drinks and maybe one other dish, and that's it."

I'm paring down right now. I am the QUEEN of bringing too much stuff.:eek:

I'm doing Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares today, and bringing only what I need for the demo, plus my TTA, and 6 new products to show. (the MFP, the mini mix n scraper, the coarse microplane, the chili lime rub, and the 2 cookbooks.)

I'm leaving the rest of my cookbooks and spices at home, except for what I need for the recipe. I'm planning on everything fitting easily in my Tote, and then I'll just have my Paperwork bag. THAT will be lighter, because I'm not doing guest folders anymore - just catalogs with an order form tucked inside, and for the guest & host special sheets, I have 1 inside a plastic sleeve to pass around.

I did this the other night, except I was making the Creamy One Pot Pasta, and that show is right now at $1321, with 3 bookings!

Okay, so last night..That bag was ridiculously heavy. lol Yep, it was one bag, but it was too heavy it was silly. My catalog tote bag is also pretty heavy, I'm 100% sure it's due to the lapboards. ;) I'm glad it was only 1 bag because her apartment is small.I still brought too much. That cookware adds a lot of weight. I had my pared down TTA in there. I pared it down, but then put my forged cutlery pieces in it--they are heavy, too. The host doesn't have much of PC, she's just discovered it.

I used to bring the entire STA filled, the entire TTA filled, a consultant tote that overflowed, all the cookbooks, and another bag with paperwork and spare products that wouldn't fit.Then I realized that:
-- no one ever really looked through all the spices
--no one ever really touched the cookbooks
--only a few people looked at a few items in the TTA
--no one ever really handled all of the extra products I had set up as a fancy showcaseSo, I realized it was just ridiculous to be taking all of those things because there was always something that someone wanted to see that I didn't have. So if there's always gonna be that issue, I might as well just bring less.However, it's hard to NOT take them all when we have cute little bags designed to hold everything. I love that, in the same season they say "take less", they put the STA tote bag on the supply order and discount the other bags!

I am still playing around with what to pack and what to leave behind. At Spring Launch one of our speakers stressed CROSS SELLING.... she did an example show with 5-6 products and hit a TON more! I've got to get more disciplined and try this out! Just being somewhat new still I guess I just want to take as much as I can... Learning less is more! :) now just to follow thru with that!

So what do you guys use to bring your products in? I have a rolling tote (which isn't great lately with all the stinkin' snow!) but also the new tote, the older version that was par of the three-peice set that the rolling tote was, crates, etc. I have just been using the rolling tote and a Merrill bag with catalogs, laptop, etc.

BTW - my name is Diana and I'm addicted to bags and totes.

I quit taking my laptop, first because it weighed so much, but more importantly, someone said something about being more focused on inputting the info than paying attention to the customer. Without the laptop, I can keep eye contact and they feel more connected/important.

I've gone both ways; with laptop, without laptop, and I feel I'm more distracted w/o. I'm too worried about making a mistake and will add everything 2-3 times. I have limited what I input. Now I just put in their name and the item numbers, making it a glorified calculator, and fill in all the details at home.

What all do you all carry for paper work? My bag needs an intervention but don't know what I can do without to lighten the load. My bag (which is the smaller tote bag on supply order that looks like the consultant bag but has the 3 compartments and then the long one along the outside).

I have in the long pocket my laptop (14.6" size for purpose of figuring weight), last night I took 15 current catalogs (10 were expected to attend and I never know how many will bring guests), in each catalog was an order form and a flyer with the DCB baker special on it, 12 new SS catalogs (for host packets for any bookings), blue recipe card holder with recipes, a couple arms lengths of blue tickets for the ticket activity, 6 SBRB for gifts/prices, 2 calendars for gifts/prize, 3 Join Us, packet of Discover Us? (blue recruiting brochures forget the new name), 3 Host Packets (paperwork) for March and 3 for April, blue money bag with pens in it, my 'party binder' (specials, collections display cards, recruiting info etc), DCB Cookbook (from here) in a binder, and a small folder with 2 Fundraiser forms, 2 Bridal Registry Handouts, 3 Replacement Order Forms).

So...is it possible to lighten this load and still be prepared? My only thoughts are to not take host packets and extra catalogs for future hosts but then I pay $5 for mailing them and means i have to go to the PO. :)

pjpamchef said:
I've gone both ways; with laptop, without laptop, and I feel I'm more distracted w/o. I'm too worried about making a mistake and will add everything 2-3 times. I have limited what I input. Now I just put in their name and the item numbers, making it a glorified calculator, and fill in all the details at home.
Exactly what I do. Except that I do fill in all of their info if they book a show - that way it's all in there correctly when I add their booking, so that I can transfer it easily to my website for the online portion of their show.

Melissa78 said:
What all do you all carry for paper work? My bag needs an intervention but don't know what I can do without to lighten the load. My bag (which is the smaller tote bag on supply order that looks like the consultant bag but has the 3 compartments and then the long one along the outside).

I have in the long pocket my laptop (14.6" size for purpose of figuring weight), last night I took 15 current catalogs (10 were expected to attend and I never know how many will bring guests), in each catalog was an order form and a flyer with the DCB baker special on it, 12 new SS catalogs (for host packets for any bookings), blue recipe card holder with recipes, a couple arms lengths of blue tickets for the ticket activity, 6 SBRB for gifts/prices, 2 calendars for gifts/prize, 3 Join Us, packet of Discover Us? (blue recruiting brochures forget the new name), 3 Host Packets (paperwork) for March and 3 for April, blue money bag with pens in it, my 'party binder' (specials, collections display cards, recruiting info etc), DCB Cookbook (from here) in a binder, and a small folder with 2 Fundraiser forms, 2 Bridal Registry Handouts, 3 Replacement Order Forms).

So...is it possible to lighten this load and still be prepared? My only thoughts are to not take host packets and extra catalogs for future hosts but then I pay $5 for mailing them and means i have to go to the PO. :)

I unloaded stuff from mine - I think it must have been heavier than yours!

This is what I took today:

Laptop (MacBook - it's pretty light)

12 catalogs and order forms. (she was expecting 8)

3 Host Packets (these are also light - I use the Merrill Host Packet Envelopes w/ 2 catalogs, 10 postcard invites, 50 guests/5 minutes flyer, Show planner, and Address sheet for guests addresses to mail to me.)

Pencil Box w/ pens, cash for change, tickets for ticket game, recipe cards.

Recruiting Info - 6 Discover Us, and YLYW dvd's

2 SB Cookbooks, and a few other door prize items (QK knives, citrus peelers, etc....)

4 plastic sleeves w/ Guest Special, DCB Special, Host Specials for March & April

The New Make It Fresh Cookbook & New DCB Cookbook

It was much lighter on the way home too - I was able to give out all 3 host packets :), and also several people took their catalogs home with them.

I use my crate with stuff in it and then have my tool turn about case. I also take my DCB which some times fits on top of my crate depending on how I pack it. I do know I could pare down what I take but I usually pack my kit for the 3-4 recipes I offer every season so it's always ready to go. When I arrive I have my laptop and catalog tote bag over my shoulder. Usually when I go back I can do one trip unless they need my table and that takes a 2nd trip. As far as my paperwork bag I use the cranberry one we earned as an incentive two years ago. In it I have the flip top binder, DCB recipe binder, booking slide, lapboards, a folder with extra catalogs and order forms just in case, pens, season's bests, door prizes (small stuff from the supply order form) and my table cloth. The one thing that makes it really heavy is the lapboards but I like them too much to part with them for now. What I might start doing is packing less lapboards but having extra in my car just in case. I have 15-18 right now (I think off the top of my head) but my average show is 8. So I could pack 10 to bring in and have extras in my car just in case the host has more coming. Hmmmm something to think about.

Ugh, I was just thinking about this today as I was packing.

I'm making 2 recipes today, and it feels like I'm bringing a million things! Paperwork bag (the Merrill laptop bag) weighs a ton (without my laptop), my dirty dish bin with my DCB in it, old stoneware tote with large round stone, cutting board, round white SA platter & cooling rack, and then the consultant tote with everything else. No way I can make one trip.

I try to only make one recipe, but I wanted to use the DCB, and she has 15-20 guests coming. So two it is. It just feels like so much stuff!

Amanda_RI said:
Ugh, I was just thinking about this today as I was packing.

I'm making 2 recipes today, and it feels like I'm bringing a million things! Paperwork bag (the Merrill laptop bag) weighs a ton (without my laptop), my dirty dish bin with my DCB in it, old stoneware tote with large round stone, cutting board, round white SA platter & cooling rack, and then the consultant tote with everything else. No way I can make one trip.

I try to only make one recipe, but I wanted to use the DCB, and she has 15-20 guests coming. So two it is. It just feels like so much stuff!

It shouldn't matter how many guests are coming. If she doesn't think it's enough food then she should provide more. It's not our job to feed their guests but to show the products and one recipe. You make your job look harder by bringing more stuff and making more than one recipe.

I actually just pared down tonight. (I am so glad they just talked about this at Spring Launch- I recently learned I am pregnant and needed to have a lighter load.) I now have the products I bring in the smaller 3 compartment tote, a Tool Turn About Tote, Paperwork Bag, and also a reusable tote with the DCB and any food I am bringing in it. I could have likely gotten it all into 2 totes, but there is no way I could carry all that in my current condition. Also it is easier to get through doors with the 3 compartment tote.

1. How do I know which containers are best for packing up my food?

The best containers for packing up food are those that are airtight, leak-proof, and made of durable materials such as glass or BPA-free plastic. Pampered Chef offers a variety of containers that are perfect for meal prepping and packing up food for on-the-go convenience.

2. Can I use Ready to Go containers for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, Ready to Go containers are designed to be versatile and can be used for both hot and cold foods. The containers are microwave-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, making them perfect for reheating meals or storing hot leftovers.

3. Are Ready to Go containers dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our Ready to Go containers are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the lids to prolong their lifespan.

4. How do I ensure that my food stays fresh and doesn't leak in the containers?

To ensure freshness and prevent leaks, always make sure the lids are properly sealed and locked in place. Avoid overfilling the containers and make sure there is enough room for the food to expand if reheating. We also recommend transporting the containers upright to prevent any potential leaks.

5. Can I freeze food in Ready to Go containers?

Yes, Ready to Go containers are freezer-safe and can be used for storing and freezing food. However, we recommend leaving some room at the top of the container for the food to expand as it freezes. When reheating frozen food, make sure to remove the lid and cover the container loosely with a paper towel to prevent any potential explosions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kat29
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kat29
  • jayswife07