• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gillian's Power Cooking Show Recipes: Dietary Needs & Assembly Info

In summary, Gillian offers a show where you can make a variety of dishes in foil pans with plastic lids. She asks for donations instead of buying the food, and makes sure to cater to the crowd by asking about finances. She promises to send the recipes and notes for the show as soon as possible.
jcwarr
i have a friend who wants to do this show - gillian please help!!! what recipes do you use? what are they assembled in? how many recipes do you use? do you mind certain dietary things in case they are nursing? any and all info would be great! thanks so much!!!! i have been doing power cooking shows but haven't done one of these yet and i want it to be a hit!!! thanks!!;)

I found my big packet of recipes, but will have to scan them or type them up for you since I lost them in my old computer...

I make the recipes in the foil pans with plastic lids. I can't remember what brand they are. The only thing I do is make sure the family isn't allergic or opposed to certain foods, and I don't make anything too spicy. They can always add more spice, but you can't take it out.

I kind of tailor the show to the crowd, and ask the mom-to-be how much money she is comfortable asking from each person attending. You don't want to be left with the bill, so you need to make sure that you don't buy too many recipes worth of groceries. Usually if everyone brings $10-$20 (make sure they know it is instead of a gift, not in addition) you will have plenty. It is hard to find a balance between having enough money to cover the food, but not getting so much money that people feel screwed.

I promise I will get the recipes to you ASAP!

gillianthank you!!!

No prob! I will get the recipes on here and I also have a list of things that can be frozen and can't be frozen so you can adapt PC or your own recipes.

time?when do you have the time to do all these things? do you have any children? i have one and i find it hard to get anything done!!! :)

I have a 3 year old DD and a 20 month old DS and a ? baby on the way! It is 11:30 pm here if that gives you an idea of when I get stuff done! I like to stay up late so I can watch what I want and do whatever without being bothered. I try to use naptime to make customer/booking calls but I get some stuff done there too.

wow!!!! now i am beyond impressed!! i have a hard time staying up late which is probably why i have a hard time getting anything done - i am never alone :) i am inspired now though!! thank you!!

My kids take up a lot of time and I just feel smothered sometimes. I like that I have PC to do in my "spare time" so I don't just sit in the corner and cry!!

Gillian, you aren't the only one out there who feels that way. I have a 13 year old DS, 3 year old DS, 17 mo old DD and a 7 week old DS. Needles to say my life isn't boring (wish it was sometimes). I tell my customers that PC is my lifeline to adult conversation and sanity. Like you, I'm up late at night because it's the only time I get to myself.

jcwarr said:
i have a friend who wants to do this show - gillian please help!!! what recipes do you use? what are they assembled in? how many recipes do you use? do you mind certain dietary things in case they are nursing? any and all info would be great! thanks so much!!!! i have been doing power cooking shows but haven't done one of these yet and i want it to be a hit!!! thanks!!;)

Well, gosh - to "stork" one's freezer I am thinking that would have something to d owith freezing sperm for some sort of artificial insemination process???

dannyzmom said:
Well, gosh - to "stork" one's freezer I am thinking that would have something to d owith freezing sperm for some sort of artificial insemination process???
Yes, I wasn't sure what this thread was about until I opened it!! How funny! And the ironic thing is, it led to talk about babies/kids. LOL!

I actually came up with the show name myself for a baby shower I was doing. Kinds cheesy, I know, but gets the point across...right?

Gillian,
I know you are really busy but where you planning on posting your notes??

I will post on this thread by the end of the week, I promise!!

did you forget about us :)i know you didn't really and you have a VERY full plate - but i just wanted to bump this up!:D

Uggg! I know, I forgot all about it! I have some attachements on my other computer that I will post TODAY! I promise I won't forget!

Here is something I downloaded from here that might help...

Attachments

• PowerCooking[1].doc
    38 KB · Views: 414
  • PowerCookingRecipeHandout[1].doc
    101 KB · Views: 410
Here are the chicken recipes! I have more recipes but need to wait until nap time to get them on here. I will also type up the list of good/bad freezer foods so you can adapt PC recipes. I have a binder with all the recipes in it sorted by meats, then have the mom-to-be circle the ones that fit her family. Then we pare it down to what we can afford to make at the show...

Sorry it took so long!

Attachments

• Freezable Chicken Recipes.doc
    100 KB · Views: 470
Here are the others. I will add the food list as soon as I get it typed up!

Attachments

• Freezable Beef Recipes.doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 451
  • Freezable Mixes and Breads.doc
    28 KB · Views: 376
  • Freezable Vegetarian Dishes and Sauces.doc
    36 KB · Views: 472
Here is the food list. Also I have included the 12 steps to making these meals for at home use that can be tailored to your show.

1. Choose 10-15 recipes
2. Plan which days you will cook
3. Make a shopping list
4. Gather food containers
5. Prepare refridgerator and freezer
6. Put away perishables and begin prep work
7. Set up your stations
8. Plan preparation order
9. Take care of yourself (Don't forget to EAT!!)
10. Keep it clean as you go
11. Don't overcook
12. Package, label, and freeze your food

Attachments

• Freezable Foods List.doc
    16 KB · Views: 409
thank youyou are awesome gillian - thank you so much!!!!!:D

bumping this up for those looking for it!

I missed this one before. WOW! Lots of great info and recipes! I am going to be going thru these with my SIL and see what we can make.

Thanks, this is great information.

How did I miss this thread back in January?!? Thanks for all the docs Gillian! I love how many choices there are and all the info!

GourmetGirl said:
How did I miss this thread back in January?!? Thanks for all the docs Gillian! I love how many choices there are and all the info!

Thanks Gillian! So exciting. 2 local PC friends and I are going to be doing 1-hour Investment-Power Cooking classes (charging $20 each, bring a friend and it's 2 for $30). these will come in handy.

I know this sounds dense, but I have a question after reviewing the Beef recipes. Do you just mix the meat with ingredients and then freeze, or mix the ingredients, bake, cool, freeze and then reheat. Great recipes!! Thanks for posting them. I am just a little confused about the process.

It is the first few pages of recipes that I am questionning. I am not torward the end and it is spelled out clearly how to prepare and freeze the dishes. So individuals come to a show/party at the mother-to-be's house and prepare these dishes to freeze for her to use later?

Can anyone make a flyer that explains this type of show?

Gillian I wish I had seen this thread three weeks ago. I was searching for a Sloppy Jo recipe and finally found one on recipes.com. Thanks so much for all the recipes though. I can't wait to try the tamales! My favorite!

LMAO!! You would think that as the creater of the "stork the freezer" show I would have frozen some freaking meals for myself!! Good thing that the fast food places are so close, LOL. I whined until my sis agreed to get me a teryaki burger from Carl's Jr. MMMMM! I can't wait until she gets here!

If you are looking for even more recipes that can EASILY be made and frozen, I have a cookbook that I couldn't live without (honestly, I use it more than my PC ones!) called "Once-A-Month Cooking" by Mimi Wilson & Mary Beth Lagerborg. It walks you through step-by-step how to do either a 2 week or 4 week meal plan to make all of your main dishes ahead of time and keep them in the freezer. And the best part, it factors in a day to eat out!

I used to do the freezer-thing awhile ago, but now that I'm working PT and have PC, I don't have an entire day to devote to cooking. But I still do make LOTS of the recipes. Some of our favorites are...
Chicken Packets, Wild Rice Chicken, Taco Pie (my favorite... YUMMMMMM), Ravioli Soup, Marinated Flank Steak.
If you need ideas for "Stork the Freezer" or for your own freezer, check out this cookbook.

Another good cookbook is Make a Mix. You make different pantry and freezer mixes that you pull out and add stuff to in order to make whatever it is you want to make. They have recipes for the mixes as well as recipes on how to use them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefSheryl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lauradahl
Replies