• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Who is Beth Jones Schall and how can she enhance my professional development?

In summary, the conversation revolved around how different directors have used their professional development funds. Some have used it for cooking classes, retreats with founders of DSWA, and other training opportunities. There was also discussion about the limitations and restrictions on using the funds, with some directors expressing frustration about not being able to attend certain events. One director mentioned using the funds for a knife skills class while another shared their experience with a Lemonaid Lady seminar. Overall, the conversation highlighted the variety of ways directors can use their professional development funds and the challenges they may face in doing so.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
What do you guys use your professional development for? Who are some speakers that you have liked?

Another year has gone by and I have not used it again.:(

Michelle

I attended a cooking class at the Viking Store with several Directors in the area just this week. It was a lot of fun and I definitely learned some things I am already saying at my shows.

Another option is cooking classes at a grocery store in your area. Are they offered where you live?

This is only my second year as a Director so I have not seen any special speakers with my development money.

I used mine to attend a retreat with one of the founders of the DSWA. My NED helped put it on and got permission for us to use our money for it. :)

The last few years I've been using mine for Nancy Jo's director retreats. They are pre-approved to use the PD$$.Before that, I did cooking classes.

finley1991 said:
The last few years I've been using mine for Nancy Jo's director retreats. They are pre-approved to use the PD$$.

Before that, I did cooking classes.

That's interesting since we aren't allowed to use it for any other PC events/training.

That's because Nancy Jo puts on the event herself. It's not a company sponsored event like Conference or Leadership. Get gets preapproval from HO for us to use our PD for the speakers she brings in. My director is having on in March where we can use the PD$$ too but I can't go. It's in Atlanta and with airfare and the extra hotel night and possibly having to rent a car, I won't be able to go.

I have only been able to use mine once, but it was a for a dirctors retreat that Barbara Duke put on. It was also with one of the founders of the DSWA.

finley1991 said:
That's because Nancy Jo puts on the event herself. It's not a company sponsored event like Conference or Leadership. Get gets preapproval from HO for us to use our PD for the speakers she brings in. My director is having on in March where we can use the PD$$ too but I can't go. It's in Atlanta and with airfare and the extra hotel night and possibly having to rent a car, I won't be able to go.

Hmmm...In Atlanta? Is anyone else invited?

Not sure who Chris invited... I'm a second line Director so that's how I got the invite. Sometimes if they don't fill up the retreats, they will open them up to others. I'll see what she says about it at Leadership and let you know!

I'm so happy for all of you that have uppline directors that coordinate retreats and guest speakers. I, unfortunatly am not that lucky. Of all the directors on this site, not all of you are invited to retreats. What do the rest of you do with your PD?

Michelle

I would like the answer to this too. I am tired of missing out on this benefit. I have lots of teleconference and on line training opportunities but those aren't allowed. All of the others that I find are well over the $100 that PC gives us and I don't have the extra $$ to cover the difference.

(Don't tell me to do another show - lol - when I do it pays another bill - we are working on being debt free AND we have a freshman in college who thinks our funds are unlimited - he's learning quickly that he's wrong.)

Last year I used it for a knife skills class when the forged cutlery came out. Hmmm, wonder if I can use it next week for something???? I just haven't been thinking about it. I'll probably lose out on it this year.

All of the Knife Skill classes at the Viking Store are full through March in our area. Has anyone taken any of their other classes (that aren't over $300:eek:)? It sounds like a lot of fun and the Knife Skills class is within the $100 allowance, but I'm too anxious to wait for the April schedule.

I was lucky and met the Lemonaid Lady who moved to Boise earlier in 2007. We put together a 2 hour seminar with 3 books (to use at the seminar) for $100. It happened here locally for $100 per person. I know she will travel, but it could cost more unless you get her to do a speaking engagement for all consultants. I believe she usually requires at least 100 people at $30 each. Then, since she is already there, she could do an event for the local directors.

cmdtrgd said:
I was lucky and met the Lemonaid Lady who moved to Boise earlier in 2007. We put together a 2 hour seminar with 3 books (to use at the seminar) for $100. It happened here locally for $100 per person. I know she will travel, but it could cost more unless you get her to do a speaking engagement for all consultants. I believe she usually requires at least 100 people at $30 each. Then, since she is already there, she could do an event for the local directors.

I really enjoyed Julie http://www.outwardimage.com/home.htm She has personal coaching for $50/30 minutes, cds, online training.

She'd be willing to set up a private online telecourse (I think it was 3-5 meetings) for us. You want to go in together and take it???

:)

its_me_susan said:
She'd be willing to set up a private online telecourse (I think it was 3-5 meetings) for us. You want to go in together and take it???

I'd LOVE this! Any more details?

I'm interested - who is Julie?

I have a few of the other Directors in my area interested in the Viking Store classes. I'm actually really excited about finding a cooking class. I know our job really isn't about cooking, but it doesn't hurt to have a little skill. :eek:

I had a guest at my last couple of shows who is always trying to put me on the spot. She inspects everything and tries to put me on the spot. Why do people do that? It's not like I actually went to culinary school or even claim to be some master chef! :eek:

PamperedPosey said:
I have a few of the other Directors in my area interested in the Viking Store classes. I'm actually really excited about finding a cooking class. I know our job really isn't about cooking, but it doesn't hurt to have a little skill. :eek:

I had a guest at my last couple of shows who is always trying to put me on the spot. She inspects everything and tries to put me on the spot. Why do people do that? It's not like I actually went to culinary school or even claim to be some master chef! :eek:

Recruit her! :approve:

its_me_susan said:
I really enjoyed Julie http://www.outwardimage.com/home.htm She has personal coaching for $50/30 minutes, cds, online training.

Home office has stated that online courses including teleclasses do not qualify for the professional reimbursements.

PamperedPosey said:

She's been at my recent show too!!!! It was horrible. And of course, it was at a show the night after my mom went in for emergency surgery and I was a wreck and so unorganized. And it was my first show back after Christmas break. Anyway... after her third "challenge" (I was making rice in the RCP and said, "Now I'm adding 2 cups of rice." which I had measured at home into a baggie and she loudly announced, "That's NOT two cups of rice!") at this point I was just livid. I didn't need that crap and I felt like she was making me look stupid. So I assured her that it was 2 cups of rice and that I would be HAPPY to remeasure it if it would make her feel better but she just waved me off. EVERYTHING I did she challenged. I finally just said, "Well, my apron says Pampered, not perfect so we're just going to continue here." That still didn't stop her! Also, this was the night that my 6-minute pork tenderloin turned into the 26-minute pork tenderloin because I had forgotten to turn the micro back up to 100% power after we did the rice so I was trying to cook it at 50%. UGH! Anyway, she complained about the rice and told me how I should make it. I looked her square in the eye and said, "Well I've been doing it this way for quite some time and have never gotten any complaints." She ASSURED me that she wasn't complaining... so I said, "Really? That's what it sounded like. And it really sounded like I didn't do anything right tonight." I didn't care... I was so stressed because of my mom and then this lady raking me over the coals I could have cared less. She didn't say another word until she brought me her order (salad spinner) and asked me if I was SURE she would like it. I didn't even answer her. So she was one of the first to leave (thank goodness) and the rest of the guests looked at the host and one said, "Where the he** did you find HER?" They all commented on how rude she was and how gracious I was in handling her. The host explained that she comes from an abusive household and that is part of their culture. Whatever. I find it hard to believe that any "culture" condones rudeness to others.

So with that... when put on the spot, use the Pampered Not Perfect line and tell them what's great about what we do is that we are NOT professional chefs and our job is to teach women how to just get it done in the kitchen....

What are any other ideas you have for development money? Living here in Wyoming there are no special classes like you have described above. And my upline Chris Manion does have retreats, but with $100 I can't justify the expense of airfare, hotel, car etc.

This is my fourth year as a Director and I have NEVER :bugeye:used my development money...sad isn't it? Wish they would let us bank it...so I could have $400 to go to a retreat..how cool would that be? :D:D

Bumpity Bump...anyone? I have no clue whatelse to use my development money for. And I hate to loose it again this year!

Maybe someone can call HO and see what we CAN use it for. I would totally do some teleclasses with Lyn Conway or another consultant if we could use it for that. Thankfully last year I was able to use it for a retreat put on by my NED.

I use mine for a Regional meeting & we had Lyn Conway speak this year. WOW is all I can say she was awesome!!

There were a total of 25 Directors though....

annew said:
I use mine for a Regional meeting & we had Lyn Conway speak this year. WOW is all I can say she was awesome!!

There were a total of 25 Directors though....

Wish my regional meetings were close enough...:cry::cry:[Stomping feet and throwing self on ground]

For years I never went.....it's like 2 1/2 hours from m house but well worth the trip.
There is a director's luncheon & Lyn did a 2 1/2 hour training w/us....what a great way to boost yourself even after Leadership to see the potential in our cluster was awesome!!

2 1/2 hours I wish!!! It is 2 1/2 hours to the next big town here!! :bugeye:

I have traveled 8 hours for meeting up in Montana when HO goes there. But the regional ones are always in California which is quite a drive!!:sick::yuck:

we are having Beth Jones Schall come for a director day and then a consutlant training. the directors are pooling there PD $$ to pay for Beth's travel and the Director Training too! The consultants pay a reasonable fee and help defray the cost.

Beth is awesome!

Related to Who is Beth Jones Schall and how can she enhance my professional development?

What is the purpose of professional development in Pampered Chef?

The purpose of professional development in Pampered Chef is to help our employees grow and improve in their roles, acquire new skills and knowledge, and stay current with industry trends and best practices. It is an investment in our employees' development and success.

How often does Pampered Chef offer professional development opportunities?

Pampered Chef offers professional development opportunities throughout the year, including workshops, trainings, webinars, and conferences. We also encourage employees to take advantage of online resources and educational programs to continuously enhance their skills and knowledge.

What types of professional development opportunities are available at Pampered Chef?

We offer a variety of professional development opportunities at Pampered Chef, including leadership training, sales and marketing workshops, technical skills development, and communication and teamwork seminars. We also provide access to online courses and certifications in different areas of expertise.

Do employees have to pay for professional development opportunities at Pampered Chef?

No, employees do not have to pay for professional development opportunities at Pampered Chef. We believe in investing in our employees' growth and development, and therefore cover the costs associated with any training or educational programs offered by the company.

How does Pampered Chef track and measure the effectiveness of professional development?

At Pampered Chef, we have a system in place to track and measure the effectiveness of professional development. This includes pre- and post-training assessments, feedback surveys, and performance evaluations. We also regularly review the impact of professional development on individual and team performance to determine the ROI of our investments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krhodes74