• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director What Do You Use Your Professional Development Award For?

companies we can choose from SkillPath, Franklin Covey, Career Track and National Seminars. As Directors we have...limit, which most of them charge more than that, I was a bit shocked at some of the prices! Also when I found it in the policy and procedures directors are limited to...and...I was a bit disappointed here, because some of the companies do offer computer skills. I think Pampered Chef pretty much covers the other topics. I may take advantage of it someday, but not right now.
krhodes74
Hi Everyone

Still getting lots of info from this site and loving how my business and life are going right now.

I'm curious what you use your professional development money for each year (assuming you get it the same as we do once you promote to director). Last year I used mine to attend a knife skills course at a cookery school but this year I'd like to use it for something business focussed. I'd love your ideas!

Enjoy the summer!

Kirsty
(Scotland, UK)

We can only use it with their preferred vendors now, and none of them appeal to me.

Nanisu said:
We can only use it with their preferred vendors now, and none of them appeal to me.

Ditto what Nanisu said.

Thanks that's interesting. We still have free choice here so guess I'd better use it before they change the rules!

Kirsty

martike said:
Thanks that's interesting. We still have free choice here so guess I'd better use it before they change the rules!

Kirsty

Yes, you are very fortunate to be able to use it for something like a Knives class!

Here, I wonder how many ever use it? I read through the list, and there isn't anything there that appeals to me either...or it's things that we've already had at conference...

Before they changed the policy I only used it two years out of at least 8. Once for a computer class and once for a nutrition class (this one was required for a degree and it was nice the PC money paid for the book!) Now I don't see ever using it with the new requirement.

I used it in the past as well but haven't looked at what is offered now... I seem to remember that they didn't really interest me at the time. Maybe I should check again to see if anything has changed.

I used mine once for a professional organizer for my office.

I would love to use mine to take a computer class--there is a Microsoft store here in Southern CA and I would love to go take a class or two....but we can't. I can't stand Franklin Covey and the rest of the vendors are like....um...WHO????

Chef Kearns said:
I used mine once for a professional organizer for my office.

Wow - that would be wonderful! How did you get that approved?

in the past I used mine for a retreat that my NED organized. She got the monies approved for us. :)

Deb, I wonder if our ED could do something like that!

That's really interesting. Here we can use it for anything that is deemed to be business related but we do have to get it approved first. I'm thinking of using it for a coaching skills course this year with CTi because coaching and mentoring skills are really relevant to my business at the moment. It seems a shame that you can't use it for things that would be relevant for your business and like Becky says I wonder how many people in the US actually use it now if it's not beneficial for you...

Kirsty

I decided to look back into this since you brought it up on here. I have always wanted to take a computer class, because I really don't know much about using them:)
We have 4 companies we can choose from SkillPath, Franklin Covey, Career Track and National Seminars. As Directors we have $100 limit, which most of them charge more than that, I was a bit shocked at some of the prices! Also when I found it in the policy and procedures directors are limited to time management and organizational and communication and conflict management topics. I was a bit disappointed here, because some of the companies do offer computer skills. I think Pampered Chef pretty much covers the other topics. I may take advantage of it someday, but not right now.Professional Development Award
The more equipped you are with valuable leadership
skills, the more effective you will be in helping your team
members set and achieve their goals. The Pampered Chef
has partnered with four national training providers that offer
quality programs on a variety of topics.
The professional development award can be used toward
registration fees for live classes and also for online training.
(Materials such as books, videos, or audios are not eligible
for reimbursement.)
You can request reimbursement for training through the
following providers only:
• CareerTrack (Fred Pryor Seminars Group)
• Franklin Covey
• National Seminars Group
• Skillpath
Each of our partner companies offers a variety of classes.
You can request reimbursement for specific topic areas,
based on your level.
Team Leader / Director $100 annual award
Time Management and Organizational Skills
Communication Skills, Interpersonal Communication
and Conflict Management

cincychef said:
I decided to look back into this since you brought it up on here. I have always wanted to take a computer class, because I really don't know much about using them:)
We have 4 companies we can choose from SkillPath, Franklin Covey, Career Track and National Seminars. As Directors we have $100 limit, which most of them charge more than that, I was a bit shocked at some of the prices! Also when I found it in the policy and procedures directors are limited to time management and organizational and communication and conflict management topics. I was a bit disappointed here, because some of the companies do offer computer skills. I think Pampered Chef pretty much covers the other topics. I may take advantage of it someday, but not right now.

Professional Development Award
The more equipped you are with valuable leadership
skills, the more effective you will be in helping your team
members set and achieve their goals. The Pampered Chef
has partnered with four national training providers that offer
quality programs on a variety of topics.
The professional development award can be used toward
registration fees for live classes and also for online training.
(Materials such as books, videos, or audios are not eligible
for reimbursement.)
You can request reimbursement for training through the
following providers only:
CareerTrack (Fred Pryor Seminars Group)
Franklin Covey
National Seminars Group
Skillpath
Each of our partner companies offers a variety of classes.
You can request reimbursement for specific topic areas,
based on your level.
Team Leader / Director $100 annual award
Time Management and Organizational Skills
Communication Skills, Interpersonal Communication
and Conflict Management

This PD award is a joke :(

dannyzmom said:
This PD award is a joke :(

You all know my opinion. ...yet another way they found to cut costs so the bonuses could be higher. Sorry but I have a low opinion of all corporates these days.

What Do You Use Your Professional Development Award For?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you may have access to a professional development award to help further your career. Here are the top five frequently asked questions about this award, along with their answers.

1. Can I use the professional development award for any training or education?

Yes, you can use the award for any training or education that will help enhance your skills as a consultant. This can include classes, workshops, seminars, or online courses related to cooking, sales, marketing, or business management.

2. Is there a limit to how much I can use for the professional development award?

Yes, there is a limit of $500 per year for the professional development award. If you have multiple awards, you can use them in different years as long as you stay within the $500 limit per year.

3. Can I use the professional development award for travel expenses?

No, the professional development award cannot be used for travel expenses such as airfare, hotel accommodations, or transportation. However, you can use it for the cost of the training or education itself.

4. Can I use the professional development award for purchasing products?

No, the professional development award cannot be used for purchasing products. Its purpose is to help you grow as a consultant through training and education opportunities.

5. How do I apply for the professional development award?

To apply for the professional development award, you must fill out the application form on the Pampered Chef website. You will need to provide information about the training or education you plan to attend and how it will benefit your business. Once your application is approved, the award will be added to your account for you to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • chefheidi2003