• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Have you used your Professional Development for this year?

In summary, professional development is the process of improving and enhancing one's skills, knowledge, and abilities related to their career or profession. It is important because it allows individuals to stay up-to-date with current trends and advancements in their field, improve their job performance, and increase their value in the job market. There are various ways to participate in professional development, such as attending workshops, conferences, seminars, and webinars; enrolling in courses or training programs; networking with other professionals; and engaging in self-directed learning activities. Anyone, including employees, managers, business owners, and freelancers, can benefit from professional development. To track professional development, one can keep a record of activities participated in, skills and knowledge gained, and any certifications
pckelly
Have you used your Professional Development for this year? I'm looking at the Fred Pryor classes - the Excel classes in particular - because there are several offered in my area.

Have you taken any of these? Did you actually learn anything? Reviews online are very mixed with many saying anything Fred Pryor is a 6 hr. long sales pitch.

Any feedback would be great.

D

Thanks for the reminder... I always forget that we have the PD $$. But no, haven't heard any feedback on Fred Pryor.

ianaHi Diana,I have not personally taken any Fred Pryor classes, but I have heard mixed reviews as well. Some people have found the classes to be very informative and useful, while others have felt that it was just a long sales pitch.If you do decide to take one of their Excel classes, I would recommend doing some research on the specific instructor and their teaching style. This can make a big difference in the overall experience and how much you actually learn.Another option could be to ask for recommendations from colleagues or friends who have taken similar professional development courses. They may have some other suggestions or insights that could be helpful.Ultimately, it's important to weigh the cost and time commitment of the class against the potential benefit and value it could bring to your professional development. Good luck with your decision!

Related to Have you used your Professional Development for this year?

What is professional development?

Professional development refers to the process of improving and enhancing one's skills, knowledge, and abilities related to their career or profession.

Why is professional development important?

Professional development is important because it allows individuals to stay up-to-date with current trends and advancements in their field, improve their job performance, and increase their value in the job market.

How can I participate in professional development?

There are various ways to participate in professional development, such as attending workshops, conferences, seminars, and webinars; enrolling in courses or training programs; networking with other professionals; and engaging in self-directed learning activities.

Who can benefit from professional development?

Anyone who is looking to advance their career, learn new skills, or stay current in their field can benefit from professional development. This includes employees, managers, business owners, and freelancers.

How can I track my professional development?

You can track your professional development by keeping a record of the activities you have participated in, such as workshops or training programs, and the skills and knowledge you have gained. You can also keep track of any certifications or qualifications you have obtained through professional development activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krhodes74
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Chefstover2
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
  • pamperedlinda